Author Topic: T_K's Customs Better pix of shadow trooper pg. 6  (Read 18555 times)

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
Re: EU CW Arc Commando
« Reply #15 on: June 3, 2005, 04:09 PM »

Hey, thats an idea.  I was thinking of using the Dlx snowtrooper canon one myself, although (A)I cant find, and (B) my memory is hazy on the details of it. 

Those 4" solider guys must have accessory packs with something I could use.

If you're thinking about the bbi figures from TRU, I don't recall seeing anything really good (I did use a bazooka for my heavy weapons clone, but other than that there isn't a whole lot of compatible weapons).  The Deluxe/Saga Snow Trooper heavy repeating blaster might work, although it's really long and might look a little strange unless you shorten it a bit. 
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
  • NO! This one goes here; and that one goes here.
    • View Profile
Re: EU CW Arc Commando
« Reply #16 on: June 3, 2005, 04:22 PM »

Hey, thats an idea.  I was thinking of using the Dlx snowtrooper canon one myself, although (A)I cant find, and (B) my memory is hazy on the details of it. 

Those 4" solider guys must have accessory packs with something I could use.

If you're thinking about the bbi figures from TRU, I don't recall seeing anything really good (I did use a bazooka for my heavy weapons clone, but other than that there isn't a whole lot of compatible weapons).  The Deluxe/Saga Snow Trooper heavy repeating blaster might work, although it's really long and might look a little strange unless you shorten it a bit. 

Yep thats the ones.  Nuts, looks like i will have to piece something together.
Thats esentailly the same cannon as the POTF2 version right?  Hmmm...shortening the barrel.....................

This is my avatar. Talon Karrde

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
Re: EU CW Arc Commander Pyke
« Reply #17 on: June 3, 2005, 07:14 PM »
Beautiful Talon, just beautiful accessorizing for this guy.  Great use of parts/weapons from other figures.

I'd like to give him some kinda gatlin gun, but haven't determined what to use for parts.

I've been thinking about this gun ever since I saw the latest CW cartoons.  I've found the following to be possible candidates, but I haven't started cutting them up to see - yet:

Roadblock's piece

Cobra Fang front-mounted gun

Night Attack Chopper guns

I might have another 1 or 2, but I can't remember them off the top of my head.

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 3, 2005, 11:18 PM »
NOICE!

I think the canon from the CD M. Falcon game might be the ticket for that.

N E 1 back me up on this?

Yeah, I think that'd be a perfect gun for it.  It's the game that had a mini Falcon cockpit and a joystick type of thing that connected to the keyboard, right?  I remember seeing that game at TRU a million times, but I never got it.  I always thought, "Hey, it'll be around forever."  Ahh the mistakes of youth do come back to bite me in the arse sometimes....

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 4, 2005, 02:20 PM »
Thanks Bro.  I will need to dig in the attic for taht thing.  Yes taht is the one.  The canon on the trooper in the last pic has the darth maul strap to the backpack rocker launcher thing from the EP1 acc set.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #20 on: June 5, 2005, 05:33 PM »
Talon he looks great! I love all the accessories and the weathering is great! The bandolier and belt are fantastic. From what I can see the shoulder mounted gun is pretty cool too. I think it would look a bit better if you added some color to it, like silver and brown and if you dirtied it up a bit. It is nice to see some of your stuff. And BTW I'm glad you changed you avatar, I always got you and DD mixed up for awhile there.
"This is the way."

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 5, 2005, 05:38 PM »
Nice gun, I'd like to see some side pics of that. 
I stopped by TRU today and checked out all of those BBI figures and I didn't find any that would be suitable for the gatling gun  :(
I also couldn't find a War Machine figure, but then again, $8 for a piece of custom fodder might be a little hefty...

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #22 on: June 5, 2005, 05:51 PM »
BBi makes some really cool stuff but since it is a TRU exlusive line they only seem to have lots of 1 figure, just like Star Wars ::) They do sell good ones online so look around for them.

BBI toys
"This is the way."

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Special Opps Arc Commander Fal'cone
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2005, 04:00 PM »
I like it, the detailing on the helmet is really well done. 
I think that I would cut out the remaining pieces of his kama (above the holsters but below the belt on the back) or add a cloth kama under the belt.  That's just my personal preference, but what you have now looks really cool. 
The coloring on the thighs is pretty cool too, I'd consider adding a little more of the jagged white lines!

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2005, 04:08 PM »
I think he's pretty cool. Definitely unique too  ;)
I'm not sure but he might look a lot cooler if you made all the white parts black. with just a bit of white highlighting on smaller parts. Just a hunch on my part.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2005, 05:25 PM »
I'd definately paint the visor red. It looks weird white. It takes away from the helmet pattern.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Commander JediSearch

• Jedi Initiate
  • Do what must be done... I support Order 66
    • View Profile
    • The Archive
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2005, 10:04 PM »
For the visor - IMO - I would go black with red detail. 
Stephen - Louisville, KY
Sandtroopers | KSWCC | My Collection

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2005, 05:01 AM »
Holy crap!

I love the design on this...the helmet is fan-freakin'-tastic!

I have to agree with Phruby though...that visor needs painting. You might also consider adding a little more black to the chest...maybe run it down the sides in a "V" pattern. I also think Dimetrodon and Gregorbian made some good suggestions that are worth considering. My one real criticism would be the name...maybe it's me, but "Fal'cone" makes me think he hangs out with another clone named Joey Numbers and they do a little shylock work for Jabba for extra credits.  :P

I gotta say though, this is a nice original design. The best compliment I can give is that I want to make one now too.  ;D

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2005, 10:02 AM »
Thanks Guys.  the black paint around the neck and top of chest was a paint spill, so i had to paint the shoulder pads black too.  the kama part on the back of the gun belt was painted to match the pauldron that I decided not to use, so that will be coming off eventually.  this was all done with paint pens and fine tip brushes, so u can guess it wasnt hard to much-up.   ;D  The designs just kept expanding, and expanding, and expanding, and expanding.......................

Sadly I had to scrap this one, yep u guessed it; another paint much up.
I was able to save most of the helmet, chest and arm details; but look for a re-hashed figure with a story.   :)

All of your sugestions were what was bugging me about the figure, actually before I read this post.

Yess DD, I will probably try and come up with a better name.   ;D

Whats the clones name that went on to rekindle the mandalores??  I'll have to read up on that one.............................

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2005, 01:11 PM »
At first I was thinking there was too much red on him... but it still does look pretty cool.  To me this is would be a good EU design, as it might be a little out of place in one of the movies.  Almost looks like some sort of Clone you would see on a volcanic planet, or a red environment. 

It is a very creative design, and your painting is great.

:P