Author Topic: T_K's Customs Better pix of shadow trooper pg. 6  (Read 18469 times)

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
  • NO! This one goes here; and that one goes here.
    • View Profile
Re: Not long after the massacre at the Jedi temple,
« Reply #45 on: July 7, 2005, 11:39 AM »
Hey thanks man....I think.  ;D  Yeah since it is a new out fit for him, I dont plan to weather too much more.  and it was all hand done, from the story; so it wont be perfect. 
This is my avatar. Talon Karrde

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
cuple updates, rehashes
« Reply #46 on: October 6, 2005, 03:42 PM »
Hey ya'll,

Like most of my customs,  they r all WIP's.  :'(

The Halo Trooper was inspired  from  ASEVEN7 and  jubjubjedi's plastic and paper renderings, and just plan awesome talents!

Talon Karrde, Appo, and Dark Luke, I wish I could take the credit for.  Appo and Cody were done by Owen.

Dark Luke was done by Eric Schroder, I beleive he still has a site but the name escapes me.  I wanted Luke to have the Dave Dorman look, as I am a huge fan of all his works especially on the covers of all the Dark Empire stuff.  Eric made this for me before my son was born, so about 8 years ago.  still holding on strong!   8)

OK>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
1st up is CW General Windu.  I like the CW windu figure but the head was like all the others, just wrong.  I tried to splice anime and realisim into it, eh kinda.  At least it was easy.   ;D I am happy with this one but there seems to be something missing..................

HALO TROOPER AND THE GRUNT
The orange isnt exact, but it looks OK next to Cody.  I tried to match the blue with Appo but again not quite the same. 

One of the rehashes I spoke of.  My 1st attempt is below.

DARK LUKE

another rehash, finally finished the cape, but decided to go with out the elbow pads  ??? sigh...............

1st try

(MY) Jedi master luke and Karrde.  the Karrde head was done by the scoundral, Tony.....I just cant recall his name.

Arc

Sneak-a-poo!!!

These next two customs were made for buddies of mine at work.  they are both metal heads.  ;D 

« Last Edit: December 10, 2005, 09:32 PM by Talon_Karrde »

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
Re: Gree Wanna Be? Conceptual Jungle Commander?
« Reply #47 on: October 6, 2005, 06:16 PM »
Nice work on all.  Looks like you spent a lot of time with the detail work, and they turned out great.

Jungle Fever Clone - I really like this one.  The Djas Puhr gunbelt is one of my favorites.  The boots seem a bit over-filled.  I think he might look good with a small backpack of some sort.  The only other suggestion I really have is to give the macrobinocs, the area above his visor, and mid section some darker contrast paint.  Not much, just something like that brown color you have under his visor.

Obi-Wan - That is also my favorite Obi pic/uniform.  You pulled this one off wonderfully.  Weathering looks good.  Did you add gray to his hair, or is that just camera flash?  Finally, I'd like to know how you attached the Clone forearms/calves to the Obi frame.  I've thought about doing similar stuff, but am too afraid (and cheap) to experiment too much when it comes to possibly ruining a figure.  Do they still bend and move?

Rockers - The note on his forehead looks kind of Charles Manson-ish....I like it.  They both look nice and evil, like they will rock anybody who crosses them to death. 

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 6, 2005, 08:28 PM »
I like the Obi-Wan A LOT. I'm going to have to make one now.  :P

The Clone is also very appealing to me. I like the sculpted addtions and the paint scheme is believable. The camo kama is also a very nice touch.

Keep it up, Talon!

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 6, 2005, 09:02 PM »
Thanks Guys, I may have to try that and see how it turns out.  yes the obi-wan obtains all articulation, its just that I am unable to get testors dull coat in my area so I had to use modgepodge(SP?) craft type glue so the artic works but it chips the paint.  I beleive I used #6 clone trooper arms and legs.  all i did was boil and pop the parts.  I had to trim down the pegs on the clone trooper to make them fit in the Obi, the length of the pegs were quite longer than the obi limbs.  Thats it.

Yes I added the white to obi's hair, as I figured the clone wars were taking their toll on him.  I probably should add a little grey to the mix so its so blatant.  thanks for the suggestions and posi notes.

« Last Edit: October 7, 2005, 08:49 AM by Talon_Karrde »

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #50 on: October 7, 2005, 11:56 AM »
Nice clone and nice rocker.
Love the obi wan though.  Are you gonna add the robe? Its sort of a short sleeve robe?

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 7, 2005, 12:08 PM »
Nice clone and nice rocker.
Love the obi wan though.  Are you gonna add the robe? Its sort of a short sleeve robe?

Thanks G-MAN!  From the pic, I am going for a Luke Jedi type cloak, Hood but no sleeves.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 7, 2005, 03:37 PM »
Cool update.  I like the green clone and the rockers are cool.  But the Obi Wan is my favorite of the bunch.  What a great custom.  You surprised me with that one.  It's great and such a sweet, realistic design.  Wonderful execution on it!

:P

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 7, 2005, 09:59 PM »
Those are some cool figures... they came out great. I'm digging the Clone... and just like everyone else...

This next one is from the cover of insider issue 80. 

I have always liked this rendering of Obi-Wan, but was never able to get the right pieces........Until Now !  The Obi-Wan Pilot seems to have been made just for me so I could make this figure! 8)

I havent done the cloak yet, as you can see, and I am not 100% happy with the elbow pads, but I think it turned out great.

It's funny, because I just saw that issue of the Insider the other day while I was looking for something else, and said "That would make a great Obi-Wan figure to make". But it looks like you beat me to it, as my version is not quite done yet - although we did use the same body to start  :D

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 8, 2005, 08:11 PM »
Cool update.  I like the green clone and the rockers are cool.  But the Obi Wan is my favorite of the bunch.  What a great custom.  You surprised me with that one.  It's great and such a sweet, realistic design.  Wonderful execution on it!

Getting praise from the Master?  I'm not worthy!    8)  Thanks CHEWIE, Im all misty eyed with pride.   ;D  :-[

The cloak is stumping me though.  Someone help with the cape?  I have the material and I wont a Jedi Luke type cape; no sleaves but with a hood.

thanks ya'll

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 8, 2005, 08:14 PM »
coolness, cant wait to see yours Jokabofe!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 9, 2005, 02:56 AM »
Talon, I'm going to try and make this custom of Obi Wan tomorrow.  Might not look as good as yours or be totally accurate to the cartoon, but I think it should turn out ok.

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2005, 08:48 PM »
Talon, I'm going to try and make this custom of Obi Wan tomorrow.  Might not look as good as yours or be totally accurate to the cartoon, but I think it should turn out ok.

HA! You sure can crack a joke.  whatever you do will blow mine out of the water.   8)

I cant wait to see it chewie.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2005, 09:28 PM »
Great update Talon!
I have to agree with everybody else - that Obi-Wan is very well done.  Did you boil and pop his limbs or cut and reglue? 
The Jungle Clone is very original and looks great.  The only thing that I can think of would be to repaint the "visor" area to make it a solid green as opposed to being able to see the remnants of the visor underneath.  It kind of looks like that was your intention though, since the dark part of the visor looks lighter...

The metalheads are cool too, nice to see some stuff that's way out there  ;D
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2005, 10:24 AM »
Thanks G.  I forgot to post pics of the ssa clone.  I'll get those up soon.  Yeah, Just boil and pop.  I trimmed down the pegs on the trooper limbs, they were way to long for obi, but the fit was perfect after that.