Author Topic: T_K's Customs Better pix of shadow trooper pg. 6  (Read 18559 times)

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
  • NO! This one goes here; and that one goes here.
    • View Profile
Re: Talon_Karrde's Customs Update pg5
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2006, 12:16 PM »
DD -

Thanks man!  I think thats why it took so long to finish it.  I'd rather wait for the right peices than do a mediocur job.  yeah I agree with the Kama, I should have waited to get a better material, but it COULD be possible that they fray some what?  :-\ I used very little silver/metallic paint, and with the white apps and weathering it didnt really come out in the pic; good points all though and i will adjust accorrdingly.  ;D

the jedi is one of my favs thus far. u did the duros Jedi with that body right? thats where i got the idea from.  he's actually be done since december, but never got around to posting and i am so anal about my customs that I wasnt quite sure it was a finished prod or not, im glad i posted him now.  ;D
Sakiyani?  I wondered what species jasper was.

CHEWIE -

thanks Mate! I know, they do look like bad mama jama's. Since we will be seeing cody, hopefully we will see these guys from big H as well.
 I was hoping the drybrushing on the hands and head  of the Jedi showed up in the pic.  With the inside picks I took of 'em, the flash tottaly washed out the detail.  Thanks for the praise buddy......now if i could jus' bus'em out fasta like u and DD.  ;D
This is my avatar. Talon Karrde

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
shadow trooper
« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2006, 10:52 AM »
Hey gang!

heres one i did for my brother back in december.  I didnt take the pix beofre i sent it too him, so these were takin by him; so the quality isnt so great.  ;D

I think most of the "flash" glare is actually the metal paint i used for the scarring and highlights.  the detail doesnt show up to well but u should get an idea.  my concept of this guy was to show alot of scoring with mostly metal showing through.  this was cobbled together with leftover clone parts.
upper torso atte gunner, pelvis and legs from a #41.

lmk what u think.

« Last Edit: May 8, 2006, 09:23 AM by Talon_Karrde »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: T_K's Customs Update pg6 4/11
« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2006, 10:15 PM »
The pics are a bit blurry but the custom from what I see looks very good, nice clean painting.

:)

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2006, 10:45 PM »
All I can say is: It looks like you did a great job making a crappy color scheme.

Please do not take offense, I just hate that particular clone color choice. It isnt, your fault Hasbeen came up with it.
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2006, 09:36 AM »
hey clone hunter, none taken.  i didnt like the grey myself so kinda did a silverish tone.

thanks chewie, i'll have to take my own pix when i go to VA this month.  u really cant see the metal highlights too well, and that bugs me.  :(

Offline hyouriittai

• Youngling
  • Objection your honor! The pod race was pretty cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2006, 03:33 PM »
Isn't that just a bummer? Flashes always seem to have adverse effects on my custom, usually washing out all the details i WANT to have seen, and bringing out all the detail I don't (dust, scratches, etc.)

I was always kind of jealous of my buddy who had two (three?) Shadow Troopers, but I eventually got over it as I decided Clones weren't as cool as their fanboyism made them out to be. Nonetheless, I always enjoy a goodcustom. Is this made from an exclusive Utapau Shadow Trooper, or did you paint up a #41 clone?

If this is a repaint, it looks extremely clean, something I can never do with my customs. By clean, I mean the lines are really crisp and straight. I really wish I could see the highlights and weathering you put on him, because it always seems to be those little details that make or break a custom. It's looking good, though!
-Matthew H.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2006, 08:21 PM »
Proper lighting so you don't have to use a flash is key for getting good photos.  I'm still trying to figure it all out but I'm getting better.  I recommend trying to use a "macro" mode on your camera and no flash if at all possible.

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2006, 07:27 AM »
Mate I really have to apologize I have no idea how I have missed your section for soooooooo long especially with all these great clone trooopers.

Black/Grey Troooper- even with the flash you can still see the detail in this figure and I like the colours you've used very well done.

Parjai trooper- Over all this figure is very good but it's the details such as the cloth goods and helmet that really make him great work.

The jedi- Great figure with just the right amount of drybrushing and the darker colours for the cloths really bring out your paint apps nice work.

General Windu- It's actually great to see someone do a Windu figure and the I really like the grey armour it really suits him and the robes are also well done.

General Kenobi- Now this figure is awesome everything about him is very very well done.

Dark Luke- I'm totally loving this figure you've gone and done what alot of people can't and that is you made him look like he beongs in teh vader type suit very well done indeed.

Death Squads- Great back story but even better figure to go along with it the colour scheme is fantastic and the use of all the different gear is very unqiue excellent work mate.

As for the other pics I wish I could comment on them but I'm getting the dreaded
RED X

Ron

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 17, 2006, 10:47 AM »
Isn't that just a bummer? Flashes always seem to have adverse effects on my custom, usually washing out all the details i WANT to have seen, and bringing out all the detail I don't (dust, scratches, etc.)

I was always kind of jealous of my buddy who had two (three?) Shadow Troopers, but I eventually got over it as I decided Clones weren't as cool as their fanboyism made them out to be. Nonetheless, I always enjoy a goodcustom. Is this made from an exclusive Utapau Shadow Trooper, or did you paint up a #41 clone?

If this is a repaint, it looks extremely clean, something I can never do with my customs. By clean, I mean the lines are really crisp and straight. I really wish I could see the highlights and weathering you put on him, because it always seems to be those little details that make or break a custom. It's looking good, though!

Yep  a repaint, i didnt care for the production model my self so i came up w/this paint scheme.
thanks for the kind words

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 17, 2006, 10:50 AM »
Mate I really have to apologize I have no idea how I have missed your section for soooooooo long especially with all these great clone trooopers.

Black/Grey Troooper- even with the flash you can still see the detail in this figure and I like the colours you've used very well done.

Parjai trooper- Over all this figure is very good but it's the details such as the cloth goods and helmet that really make him great work.

The jedi- Great figure with just the right amount of drybrushing and the darker colours for the cloths really bring out your paint apps nice work.

General Windu- It's actually great to see someone do a Windu figure and the I really like the grey armour it really suits him and the robes are also well done.

General Kenobi- Now this figure is awesome everything about him is very very well done.

Dark Luke- I'm totally loving this figure you've gone and done what alot of people can't and that is you made him look like he beongs in teh vader type suit very well done indeed.

Death Squads- Great back story but even better figure to go along with it the colour scheme is fantastic and the use of all the different gear is very unqiue excellent work mate.

As for the other pics I wish I could comment on them but I'm getting the dreaded
RED X

Ron

Thanks Hemble, that means a lot coming from u.  Unfortunately the dark Luke isnt one of my creations, it was done by Eric Schroeder back in the late 90's.  We had discussed parts and talked over the general look....and the final prod is just awesome.  I haven’t updated in quite a will so its no wonder u didn’t see it.   ;D.  Yeah the red X's are from some pix i had to delete.  Not much storage on photo bucket.

Thanks again for the words bro.
  :'(   ;D
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 10:52 AM by Talon_Karrde »

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 17, 2006, 11:39 AM »

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Better pix
« Reply #86 on: May 8, 2006, 09:25 AM »
I was finally able to get some better pix up.

Offline Brisk Arper

• Jedi Initiate
  • ITS A TWAP!!!!
    • View Profile
    • mandalorian mercs
Re: T_K's Customs Better pix of shadow trooper pg. 6
« Reply #87 on: May 14, 2006, 05:32 PM »
now that is a sweet ig-100, that the best magna droid ive seen so far!
in the words of a famous admiral......

ITS A TWAP!!!

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 15, 2006, 11:01 AM »
Hey, thanks man.

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #89 on: May 15, 2006, 04:13 PM »
TK,  I really like how your Parjai trooper turned out. Very nice work.
Both your Shadow trooper and Jedi are great pieces too.
And you are one lucky duck to own AE77's halo clone. I loved that one.

Great update with Grievous' guard also. I wals looking at mine over the weekend and thought, he need some touchups.. You did a great job of it.