Author Topic: Customs by Darth Delicious- Update 10.25.08!!!  (Read 163668 times)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: Clone Special Ops.
« Reply #210 on: May 5, 2005, 11:51 AM »
Very nice work, as always. Pretty cool Red Dawn caption, too. I'm surprised that tape isn't working well for you guys when it comes to masking... I've used several different brands of tape when masking things off for airbrushing - and 90% of all of the brands work really well. I've never masked off a small figure, though - so maybe the tape isn't setting well on the plastic or something?

If I ever get some spare clones I'm going to try and customize the same ones you've got here - using different ideas that I've got.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-Updated 5/4/05
« Reply #211 on: May 5, 2005, 12:20 PM »
I need an extra Green Clone.  Think this guy has any extras for sale (like single figures?).  Also, I can't seem to find a link to his ebay store (I did try).

Thanks DD!

:P

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 5, 2005, 08:51 PM »
I LOVE those two Clones! Really makes me want to pick up an extra set just to make that Green Clone. He's the second best Clone in Battlefront, IMO (just after the normal troop).

The ARC is fantastic too. What did you use for the gadgets on the forearms? And did you cut the belt in order to get the skirt on?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 5, 2005, 08:53 PM »
I have some new reference pictures that show additional patterns on the green and yellow clone...I need to make corrections.

I also need to eventually move these pictures over into my custom thread, to keep everything together.

Thanks for the feedback, Angry Ewok!

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 5, 2005, 09:11 PM »
Talon_Karrde: The skirt will be blue, matching his armor. There's a shot in the comic where you can kind of see it.

Diddly: Do it! Make a clone and then send a pic to Master Phruby to drive him mad.  ;D

I did indeed cut the belt on the SA trooper to get the kama on, but probably not in the way you think. I cut the back off the belt to allow the back of the kama to rest in the groove. The front half of the belt is untouched.

-DD

Back from the dead!!!

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 5, 2005, 09:35 PM »
Classy idea on that belt. :)

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 6, 2005, 02:45 AM »
can you post the reference pix, or links to them delicious?

also, i don't believe I have seen anyone make a custom of this clone scheme..
and for that matter, i don't recall seeing it in any photos..

It is from the wizards of the coast minis game.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #217 on: May 6, 2005, 03:05 AM »
That miniature is one of Cody's legion. You can see them behind him here:

"This is the way."

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 6, 2005, 03:48 AM »
That's a great pic, SLC. I am working on a Cody off and on...I should do a few of his legion.

But for now, I need to finish the Clone Wars Jedi I'm working on...

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #219 on: May 6, 2005, 03:56 AM »
That's a great pic, SLC. I am working on a Cody off and on...I should do a few of his legion.

But for now, I need to finish the Clone Wars Jedi I'm working on...

-DD

Don't credit me I stole it form the ROTS pics thread. :P
"This is the way."

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Speaking of classy belts...
« Reply #220 on: May 7, 2005, 02:39 AM »
Here's my latest work in progress, Saesee Tinn, as he appeared in season II of the Clone Wars, shortly before leading a battalion of Clones in commandeering a separatist ship during the invasion of Coruscant. He still needs some weathering, and I plan on eventually sculpting the helmet he wore. But I was kind of bored, so I thought I'd give you guys a sneak peak.

A pretty easy custom, all things considered. I got the idea to use the belt from a guy over on RS. He used the same belt on his Kenobi in ARC armor.

Now that I have warmed up on this one, can a Kenobi in Clone Armor be far behind?  ;)

-DD
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 08:04 AM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-Updated 5/7/05
« Reply #221 on: May 7, 2005, 03:14 AM »
What about his helmet? ;)  I think his armor color was almost tanish if I remember correctly. Very cool belt and the soft goods look great! :) Is that a VOTC Stormie Belt?
"This is the way."

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 7, 2005, 04:21 AM »
Looks like the belt that came with the POTJ Death Dtar Han Solo. Very awesome custom.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 7, 2005, 04:54 AM »
SLC- Tannish? Really? I got the distinct impression it was a hull gray color. Now you've got me wondering...I'm gonna have to take a look at my Season II tape. Now that I think about it, though, I seem to remember him having a cape as well...

You're close, Metal Jedi, but no cigar. The belt came from a DS Accessory pack. I just cut the gun holster off. And for some reason it reflected the flash something awful.

Speaking of which, sorry about the quality of the pics...my flash just kills the finer detail on these things. Case in point: The Commander Bly I did for my friend Jesse. (aka Red5sixx.) He hasn't seen it yet, so...ssshhhhhhhhh.  :-X

And another view...

And one from the side.

There's a lot of weathering on this piece that the camera flash just obliterates. I really have to start taking these pictures in natural light.

-DD
« Last Edit: May 7, 2005, 05:41 AM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #224 on: May 7, 2005, 04:11 PM »
I looked at it again, It's not grey but it's not tan either. It is sort of a mix between the two. Look for yourself to be sure but that's what it looked like to me.

The Bly's isn't bead he just needs a little work, I'm working on mine now too and he is in the same stage as yours, i think he has 3 different colors of yellow/orange on him. The les are the brightest, all the stripes are a bit more orangish than the legs, and the pauldron is the darkest orange of them all. He also has a vertical stripe on the thighs that matches the other stripes. And when looking at the refrence photo it almost looks like he has two srtipes on his forearms, but i couldn't tell. And you probably know this but the center of those pouches are black.
« Last Edit: May 7, 2005, 04:11 PM by Sith Lord Chaos »
"This is the way."