Author Topic: Customs by Darth Delicious- Update 10.25.08!!!  (Read 163493 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-Updated 6/03/05
« Reply #330 on: June 4, 2005, 12:22 AM »
It is great DD - I will try and take a pic or two of him from my bootleg to compare the actual movie shots to the concept shots.

:P

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 4, 2005, 01:17 AM »
The more I look at it, the more impressed I am by that paintjob.  It's so clean, yet still the camo stays functional and believable.  The leg camo job is to be envied.

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 4, 2005, 03:28 AM »
Why did you make his chest such a bright green? it is the same color as his arms and shoulders.
Otherwise I think it's pretty cool. I'm hoping I'll be able to recreate camo like that on a small scale with the minis.

I can try and get some more commander gree pictures for you if you like.
Also while rewatching scenes of the movie I notice he has no backpack or anything.
the white straps seem to be nothing more than suspenders.. :P

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 4, 2005, 03:31 AM »
The short answer on the chest color, Dimetrodon...I screwed up. It'll be fixed ASAP. :P

Here's a few more pics.

Gree having to resort to pulling his holdout blaster.

And what Gree would like like on a shelf near you, if Hasbro had any sense.

-DD
« Last Edit: June 4, 2005, 03:32 AM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 4, 2005, 04:02 AM »
What did you use for his leg holster?

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 4, 2005, 04:03 AM »
I love the gree. Brilliant!

Offline Mikey Pooh

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 4, 2005, 10:46 AM »
Super amazing job on the camo paint job, Double D!  You are an artist and a scholar!

Mikey

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 6, 2005, 04:03 AM »
Thanks, guys. Glad you like it; I'm pretty happy with Gree myself.

Here's a few things I've been working on this weekend. It wouldn't be me if I didn't have a new clone, right? Remember that 501st I did with the micron pen and the Apple Barrel paint that I was unhappy with? Well, I repainted it.

I bought Game Workshop paints for the first time, and I have to say, I love them more than Whitney Houston loves crack. This was repainted with Enchanted Blue, and looks much better, I think.

Second, a new R2 unit. Most people used to start customizing with these, but it's only the second Astromech I've ever done.

These next ones have since become REALLY easy what with EE releasing their troop builder packs (which I got from red5sixx- shameless plug) and the excellent ROTS Clone Commanders. Here are Clone Wars era ARC Commanders Alpha and Ordo.

Finally, a new Jedi.

Yeah, I'm a big Army of Darkness fan, so I had to make a Bruce Campbell Jedi. I've named this guy "Ash Cebru."  ;D

I gave him a coat of Enchanted Blue, then a dry brush of light gray. The pants and boots were done in black, then the boots were brushed with a mix of black and enchanted blue for a more weathered look. Everything I know about drybrushing I learned from watching Chewie.  ;D

The AoD head was murder to get onto the Kit Fisto torso...it took forever to find a suitable neck post for this guy. But I'm happy with how he came out. He even retains his head and wrist articulation!

-DD

« Last Edit: June 6, 2005, 10:43 AM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-Updated 6/6/05
« Reply #338 on: June 6, 2005, 10:15 AM »
Cool new stuff DD!!!

The 501 Clone looks much better.  That's probably exactly the way I'd like to see Hasbro make him.  The only thing I don't like about the AT-TE Gunner is the helmet's seem a bit bulky compared to the other Clones, but it still looks fantastic.

The R2 unit takes my breath away... that is easily one of the best astromech repaints I have ever seen.  That does not look like a custom at all!

The ARC Troops look great.  You've gotten so good at your Clone customs that it's hard to find anything to suggest!

The Jedi Ash figure is fun.  That's a cool paint scheme... actually I'm using the Ash head for a custom too!

Offline Commander JediSearch

• Jedi Initiate
  • Do what must be done... I support Order 66
    • View Profile
    • The Archive
« Reply #339 on: June 6, 2005, 02:25 PM »
As always, great job.  I really enjoy seeing your work. 

Is it me or is the red and blue on the Arc Troopers a little bit too pastel?  Nice rework on the 501st trooper and the Astromech looks fantastic.  I'm still trying to figure out how I feel about Ash Cebru.  He's kinda funny.

Like I said, great job.  I wish I had the time, talent, and resources that you do.   :)
Stephen - Louisville, KY
Sandtroopers | KSWCC | My Collection

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #340 on: June 6, 2005, 02:52 PM »
501st Clone - Awesome job!  I'm glad you're using Games Workshop paint; it can't be beat!  ;D

Red Astromech - I agree with CHEWIE, excellent paint job on this guy, it really does look factory!  I painted a bunch of astromechs when I was starting out and they're pretty good practice. 

Clone Commanders (Gen. 1) - Very nice, gotta love the EE Troop Builder sets.  (By the way, do you know Red5Sixx personally?  Just curious).

Jedi Ash!  Yes!  So cool! AoD + SW = Greatness  ;D
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #341 on: June 6, 2005, 07:18 PM »
They're looking great DD!!

501st clone- looks great, much better than the first attempt and as usuall it looks factory.

Red Astromech- This thing hurts my eyes :P It is a very well done paint job. I think it might look better if you toned down the red a tad, but it still loks great as is. I have only done 1 astromech myself.

ARCs- they look fantastic! The skirts are painted so well, they llok factory just like everything else. Does the red guy's pistols still fit in the holsters? And what aboout removeable helmelts? BTW did you ever finish your other Alpha?

Jedi Ash- Sweet! AOD is such a cool movie, I have to do one of those at somepoint myself. I've got one suggestion, it could either be cool or really lame. ;) Instead of a regular saber hilt you could make the hilt a chainsaw handle with a lightsaber blade. Oh and I like the Drybrushing on the boots BTW. :)
"This is the way."

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 6, 2005, 08:04 PM »
I love the clone commanders, DD! well done for easy customs! :P

I also really like the ash jedi! I asked my freind if I could borrow his copy of "If chins could kill", but he refused

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 6, 2005, 11:32 PM »
That's funny what you said about the weapon for Ash SLC, I had mentioned at Scum or at FFURG (can't remember which one) that he ought to make him a "light-saw" or a "chain-saber."   :)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 6, 2005, 11:37 PM »
Marry me? That Ash Jedi customs is to die for.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...