Author Topic: Customs by Darth Delicious- Update 10.25.08!!!  (Read 163302 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-Updated Monday 3.6.06
« Reply #690 on: March 6, 2006, 10:25 AM »
Whoa, great update DD! 

Darth Viscera - Talk about one mean looking guy.  Wow, he looks every bit the part of a Sith Lord from that era.  Excellent use of parts and painting here.  He's pretty scary looking.

Commander Talon - The Phase I armor one looks nice if not a little clean, but the Phase II looks absolutely stunning.  The paint on the helmet is great and the weathering is just the right amount.  Very well done.

Commando's - Very well done, I love the articulated knees you gave them.  I hope this figure starts becoming a bit easier to get.  These are top of the line customs here.  Can't wait to see how you finish up your squad.

:P

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: March 6, 2006, 11:31 AM »
Wow Darth Viscera is fricken evil !!! I never realised that Sand Viper head would look so cool on the right figure. Excellent design on that one. Makes me wish I would have picked up more of the Sith set wjhen I had the chance. The Sidious in that set has almost unlimited potential.

And of course I I cant end this without commenting on the sweet Commandos. I love the black one. Fi ( that is the red ones name right?) looks like he just stepped off the cover. I havent read triple Zero yet, Im still working my way through the Clone wars books in order so Im half way finished with Jedi Trial. So triple zero will have to wait in line for a little while.

I like the Phase 2 armor for Talon. Im not very forn of weathering my clones either, but for certain clones you just have to. Excellent job.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #692 on: March 6, 2006, 04:48 PM »
Nice RCs DD!
I think that black armor looks pretty badass.  I haven't read the new RC book (I didn't even realize there was a new one), but I liked Hard Contact so I'll have to check out the new book.  I think I'm going to go with a fanfic color scheme on my RCs when I get around to articulating their knees.

Did you do a lower leg swap with a regular ROTS clone or did you switch out the knee joints and keep Scorch's lower legs?  I am planning on using Stikfas ball joints for the knee joints but I am going to practice on a snowtrooper first.
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: March 6, 2006, 07:25 PM »
I like Darth Viscera....is he named that because he likes to disembowel his prey?

The Republic Commandos look good.  I like how Fi isn't purely black.  The added gunmetal? gives just enough contrast.  I'm surprised at how slimming the black armor is on him.  I guess that's why pleasantly plump peeps prefer pitch-black apparel. 

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: March 6, 2006, 09:31 PM »
I am DYING to start reading Triple Zero!  So is Fi's armor the only one that's black, or has all of omega squad adopted the black colour scheme?

Awesome Boss, too! The weathering is great!

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: March 6, 2006, 11:08 PM »
Great Update!

The ARC's look Great, The Phase 2 Armored version looks much more menacing though.

The Sith is a nice design, good use of the Sand Viper, I've got a few of those guys takeing up space in my fodder bin. I think you've inspired me to get some use out of them.

The Commando's are my favorite. The Stealrh Armor is exactly as I imagined. Your weathering really make this Custom Pop. Without the Weathering so much of the detail in the Armor would be lost. Bravo for posting the First pic of an Omega Squad Commando.
Boss is a little miss colored though he should be more of a Burnt Orange Color, But he would make a Great Sarge (RC-1013) from Aiwha squad his markings are Red.

Keep up the Great work!
Fritzkrieg

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #696 on: March 7, 2006, 12:37 AM »
Man, DD, this is GREAT stuff. The matte black Commando is a beaut, and the knees really add a lot to the fig.

Darth Viscera is absolutely chilling. Looks like something we should see on screen! Is that a Swamp Rat head? I love that one...

You new Commander Talon is great as well. I really dig that paint scheme, and the weathering looks very to-scale. Super job!

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #697 on: March 7, 2006, 04:09 AM »
WOW mate Darth Viscera looks simply awesome the detailing work is totally cool and the paints apps are excellent.

The Commandos are just spot on I like the paints apps you've done to them simply but very effective and the weathering is great well done.

Ron

Offline darth_ripley

• Jedi Initiate
  • i'm the monster's mother...
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: March 7, 2006, 11:22 AM »
Darth Viscera looks like he belongs in KOTOR III ! the paint scheme & apps on him are great and he looks like a real bada$$. the soft goods cape looks wonderful too, very nicely done.

the ARC looks neat too, i like the design and color on the phase 2 armor a lot...your original designs continue to interest me on the clones, which is saying a lot after painting quite a few and getting image overloads of others work on them.

the Commandos look like they jumped off the cover of a novel, these guys are really amazing. i haven't played the game or read any of the books, heck i don't even have a Scorch fig at all myself but i can appreciate the wonderful paint apps and weathering you have given these guys. can't wait to see them completely done - great job so far!

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: March 7, 2006, 06:27 PM »
Wow! Thanks for all the feedback, everyone! It means a lot coming from each of you, because I think everyone of you brings something to this hobby that I admire.

Ripley: Darth Viscera sprang out of my desire to do a KOTOR era photonovel one day, and I wanted to do a Sith who wasn't a fallen Jedi, but had been raised since birth in the Sith teachings, and looked the part. I went with the name Viscera because it lends a certain brutal violence to his character, and somewhere in my mind I decided that his part of his mask is stitched with the dyed skin of his former master.

Gregorbian: With the RC's I used the knee joint from a clone trooper attached to the lower leg of Scorch, and then the ankles are articulated with the feet of the clone for added poseability.

Perennial: In Triple Zero, all of Omega Squad has adopted the black stealth armor.

Darth_Ennis: You can still get Sith Lord EVO sets from www.hasbrotoyshop.com for $19.99, three bucks cheaper than TRU price. Go for it!

aeseven: Honestly, I'm surprised you of all people didn't beat me to doing a Stealth Armor commando! I can't wait to see what you do with these guys once you get rolling. I agree that the gunmetal adds a little depth...once I finished the matte black, it needed something to add a little detail. Now if only I can make their visors look as good as the ones on your your Mandalorians!

BrentS: Some people don't like using Joe parts because they think they look out of place, and for the most part, I agree...but I'm always on the lookout for some fodder that will work, and the latest waves of Joes are very compatible, IMO.

Chewie: I hope Scorch becomes easier to find too...I really want to make a few squads, including some fan-fic ones.

Ruprect: Yes, black armor is very slimming, and a good summer look for your weight conscious clone.  ;)

Anyway, here's one I finished up today. If you guys haven't read DARK RENDEZVOUS, I think you should...it does a great job of expanding on Dooku and Yoda's relationship. Anyway, I wanted to do a younger version of Dooku before his fall, so here he is. The imageshack link is again provided because of my problems with photobucket.

I tried to model him a little after his look in Jango Fett: Open Seasons without being too literal. This is how I imagined ol' Scaramanga Dooku to look around the time of the battle of Naboo.

And here's a shot of Fi in his Stealth armor in a little natural light. I think it better shows off the battle damage.

-DD

« Last Edit: March 8, 2006, 03:19 AM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-Updated Tuesday 3.7.06
« Reply #700 on: March 7, 2006, 09:43 PM »
Wow, those pics are huge - but it's nice to see them because it really shows the detail in your work!  Something I think that gets overlooked sometimes is the detail we try and put into our customs - it really shows here.

Dooku looks fantastic and probably just as I'd envision him as a younger man before his fall to the Dark Side.  The only thing that I might suggest is to liven up his eyes a bit, maybe just bigger pupils and thicker eyebrows would work.  The rest look fantastic - is that a ROTS Kit Fisto body mixed with Dooku parts?

The Commando is nothing short of awesome.  What an excellent job you did on him, I love the weathering and overall painting.  Great job on the articulated knees as well.  The outdoor lighting really does him justice.  Can you imagine how hot of a figure this would be if they made it like yours?  It's already popular as hell but with your changes it's perfect.

:P

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-Updated Tuesday 3.7.06
« Reply #701 on: March 8, 2006, 02:12 AM »
Hey Chewie,

Thanks for the feedback. I see what you're saying about the eyes on Dooku, and have already made adjustments to his pupils and his eyebrows. And, you guessed the parts exactly.

As for Scorch, I think he's hot enough already. I'm having enough problems finding this figure, I can't imagine if he was any hotter!  ;D

Here's another I finished tonight...apprentice to Viscera, Darth Malus.

I patterned the face after some drawing or something I saw a long time ago and jotted a down a sketch of. It might have even been another custom, I can't remember...but I liked it so much I saved it for a really long time, and finally felt like completing it.

-DD

« Last Edit: March 9, 2006, 02:59 AM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-Updated Wednesday 3.8.06
« Reply #702 on: March 8, 2006, 09:21 AM »
Young Dooku: Amazing job you did of taking a few years off the face. I really like that you've coupled the head with that body... it's very believable as a younger version here. I'd love to see what you've done with the eyes.

Matte Black Commando: Wow. I have yet to see one Scorch, but now when I see him I'll know he's playing a distant second fiddle to what might have been.

Malus:  :o :o :o
How do you paint faces on such a small scale? It's not like you can use a wash trick for that kind of detail. Just, wow.

Nice update, DD!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: March 8, 2006, 11:21 AM »
Young Dooku: Excellent paint job on the face DD. He does look alot younger now.

Matte Black Commando: Dude, now I know where all the Republic commandos have gone. You've been doing great customs on them. I just wish I could find just one out in the wild.

Malus: I really like the detail on that face. It's nice and exact.

Very creative set there DD!
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #704 on: March 8, 2006, 12:35 PM »
Is that head a evo epi 2 Ani? if so you disguised it excellantly.