Author Topic: Customs by Darth Delicious- Update 10.25.08!!!  (Read 161905 times)

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
Customs by Darth Delicious- Update 10.25.08!!!
« on: April 3, 2005, 07:55 PM »
This took about a half hour to do, not including dry time.

I've got him pictured with a Grievous bodyguard staff here, because I didn't want to fish out my old Kir Kanos. (Which will be recycled soon, probably into a Gand.)

[image][image]

Whatta ya think?

-DD
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 05:05 PM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Customs by Darth Delicious-update Sunday 11.20.05
« Reply #1 on: April 3, 2005, 09:21 PM »
Since I'm new here, I thought I'd throw up a few more customs. Comments, criticism, and suggestions are of course, are welcome. High praise will also be accepted.  ;D

First, a Quarren Jedi.

Next, a Shistavanen Jedi and his Nikto Padawan.

An ARC Commander inspired by the Clone Wars cartoon, along with one of the jetpack clones from Battlefront.

An Ithorian Jedi. He's blue 'cause I felt like being a contrarian.

K'kruhk, as he appeared in Jedi: Windu. Gotta love Jan Duursema's stuff.

An Ithorian merchant. I love these guys.

A Trandoshan pilot. One of my favorites.

A Chadra Fan Jedi. I think there was one in the NJO series, although this one isn't based on that character, since I don't know what that character looked like.

Baniss Keeg.

Ithorian peasant. I think I stole this idea from CHEWIE.

Jaster Mereel. I added the backpack because I felt like it. He still needs his cape, though.

Another view of Jaster. I'm especially pleased with the belt, it's really accurate to the reference pic.

A Trandoshan Merc.

Whatta Wookiee!!! I may add more to this guy.

Clone Special Ops. Added 5/5/05.

Kir Kanos. Easiest custom ever.

There's a lot more, but these are the pictures I have right now. I'll update as I take more.

-DD
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 02:27 AM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Some Other Customs
« Reply #2 on: April 3, 2005, 10:12 PM »
Looking good DD! Glad to see you made it here and this section is getting some more action! ;D

That Wookiee looks great! and so do all the Ithorinas, the blue one is a bit different....   ;) I think it would look a little better if you dulled it and toned it down a bit. I like the idea but he seems to bright.

You have any shots of the Black wook?
"This is the way."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Kir Kanos...easiest...custom...EVER.
« Reply #3 on: April 3, 2005, 10:14 PM »
I think there will be hundreds more of these in the next week.... ;)

Looks great though! Did you just trim his robe and give him a paint job?

Thank you for actually spending time on this one Hasbro ;D
« Last Edit: April 4, 2005, 12:38 AM by Sith Lord Chaos »
"This is the way."

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 3, 2005, 11:08 PM »
Daddy like, Daddy like indeed. Now I just need to find a few spare red ones, and I'll make one. :)

Very good job. You paid good attention to detail on the black, I see. I'm thinking the cape would look even better if you starched it. :)

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 3, 2005, 11:16 PM »
Daddy like, Daddy like indeed. Now I just need to find a few spare red ones, and I'll make one. :)

Very good job. You paid good attention to detail on the black, I see. I'm thinking the cape would look even better if you starched it. :)

Kevin

Yeah, we'll definitely be seeing a lot of these in the days ahead. I'm going to make Carnor Jax as well, once I find a few more of these guys.

I like your idea of starching the cape. I was already playing around with it, folding it into various "action" poses. Not sure which I'll go with yet, but I'll post pics when I do...and when I finish his head for the "unmasked" version.

Thanks for the kind words.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 3, 2005, 11:23 PM »
Looking good DD! Glad to see you made it here and this section is getting some more action! ;D

That Wookiee looks great! and so do all the Ithorinas, the blue one is a bit different....   ;) I think it would look a little better if you dulled it and toned it down a bit. I like the idea but he seems to bright.

You have any shots of the Black wook?

Thanks for the welcome, SLC! Anybody who's got a Ron Burgundy quote on his posts is aces in my book!

This will probably be my new "customs" hangout. I'll still pop in over at RS, but recent events there have left a bad taste in my mouth. Besides, I like the backgrounds on my posts here better; I find Navy blue soothing.  :D

I tend to agree with you on the Blue Ithorian being too bright. I went with Blue because the ones in KOTOR looked sort of gray-blue, and I kind of dug it. I'm going to give him a gray wash, and then spray him with some dullcote. I only wish I had Chewie's skill when it came to dry-brushing.

As soon as I take some new pics, I'll get one of the black wookiee up. In the meantime, here's a few others I have.

Here's a sniper scout trooper from BATTLEFRONT. This one involved the cutting, repositioning, and sculpting of the limbs.

[image][image]

Some rebel generals. In case you can't tell, I like Quarren and Trandoshans quite a bit for customs.  ;D

A VOTC field stormtrooper, and a Clone soldier from the Jabiim campaign. The clone started out as a white trooper, then I added the green ranking, which turned out well. Then I decided to try to detail the figure with a pen like Ricky UK does, and I ruined the figure. Some white touch-up and some dirtying up, and voila!

Finally, some Cantina trash! An Ugnaught (Yoxgit, perhaps?) and a Trandoshan thug. The Trandoshan was initially inspired by one Lance Quazar used in his interactive photonovel, and while digging up the parts he used in my fodder bin, I came up with this guy. He's shirtless...a little something for the ladies!  ::) This was also my first attempt at a CHEWIE style paint job...I think it turned out okay.

There! That oughta liven up this forum a bit!

-DD
« Last Edit: April 5, 2005, 02:47 AM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 4, 2005, 12:22 AM »
DD - man these look great!  I think I may have seen a couple of these that you did before, but most of them I haven't.  I'll be happy to give my 2 cents on each one -

QUARREN JEDI  -

Very nice, great choice of parts.  I don't think there's much room for improvement!

SHISTAVEN JEDI -

Again, freaking cool!  Great body for him.  I would suggest a minor amount of dry brushing (maybe a brown-black) to bring out detail in his fur.

NIKTO PADAWAN -

Very good.  You did a great job painting him as it is hard to tell that the body was from the Rodian in the Jedi 3-pk.

ARC COMMANDER -

This looks damn near perfect!  So much better than Hasbro's version!  Love the better legs that you used.

ITHORIAN JEDI -

Yeah, a bit of maybe that blue color mixed with black for a dry brushing should make him look more realistic.  Is that a Maul skirt you used?  Looks terrific!  Great use of parts; I would have never thought of that.   ;)

K'KRUHK -

I've seen a few versions of him, and yours is by far my favorite.  Holy cow, that looks like official Hasbro product.  You did such a good job.  I am going to make one soon, and will probably use yours as my reference piece.   :)

ITHORIAN MERCHANT -

Man, he looks very awesome.  Looks like he should be selling junk in Mos Espa.

TRANDOSHAN PILOT -

Saw this one before, and totally love it.

CHADRA FAN JEDI -

Looks wonderful; could even double as a non-Jedi.

BANISS KEEG -

Whoa, this is the best version I have seen anyone make.  Very good - now I need to update mine!

ITHORIAN PEASANT -

Yep, I used that cloak for one too.  I like how you added the gauntlets.

JASTER MAREEL -

Looks like he's ready to kick some serious a$$.  If you make another, using a VOTC Fett would rock!

TRANDOSHAN MERC -

Awesome.  Looks like a meanie from KOTOR 2 or something.

KITIK KEEDKAK -

Love the repaint.  Looks just like she is supposed to look.

WOOKIEE WARRIOR -

Another great one.  I like how you used the He Man parts for him.

All in all, you've done some great work!  Thanks for sharing them here, and I hope to continue to see more!

:P

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 4, 2005, 12:24 AM »
I'm really liking this one... wow!

And I have to mention that the Plo Koon looks good in the background with the added Agen Kolar robes.   :)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 4, 2005, 12:42 AM »
I'm a fan of any form of troopers. I like the Scout Trooper repositioning, and I really dig the dirty Green clone. I like the dirt detailing. I'm not a fan of the way Ricky UK details his troopers, so I'm glad you opted to fix it and go a second route. This may be the shot this section needed to get it pumping!

Tell your friends to come here!

Good work!

Kevin

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 4, 2005, 12:50 AM »
Thanks, CHEWIE!

Those Agen Kolar robes are awesome. I went to Wal-Mart today and picked up three more Kolars just for the robes.  And two more clones. I think I need an intervention. ;D

Still no Clone Commanders, though.  >:(

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 4, 2005, 02:03 AM »
Thanks for the feedback, guys! Let me respond to a few...

Famine: Well, whatever Ricky does to his clones with that pen, I sure as heck couldn't recreate it! But since I plan on making a Jabiim set at some point (with all the Jedi from the Padawan pack that fought to the last there) I'm probably going to need to dirty up some more clones. Glad you liked it!

CHEWIE: Good eye! Oddly enough, the Nikto Jedi uses the lower half of the Rodian from the three pack, and the upper half from the Twi'lek. The other two halves were joined to other customs!

I agree on the Wolfman. He will get a wash to bring out the fur detail this week.

Glad you liked K'kruhk...would you believe he was my first custom? The hair came out as well as I could have expected. He remains a favorite of mine to this day. Eventually I'll take another picture of him that shows the sculpting I did on his feet.

It's settled...the Ithorian Jedi comes back into the shop for some detailing. That is indeed a Darth Maul skirt! Again, good eye!

Well, since I've got the fever for posting...here's a few more. After this one, I'm calling it a night!  ;)

Daakman Barack, from the Clone Wars cartoon. I took some creative license here since you only really see him in a hologram, right before Grievous carves him up like a Christmas Turkey.

[image][image]

Sith Lord Chaos wanted a look at the Black Wookiee. Here ya go! He seems mad about something in this pic.  :)

[image][image]

General Maximillian Veers. This was a 10 minute custom I did just to show someone on RS how easily it could be done. He needs some touch up and some correction on the rank badge. And my unfinished Jolee Bindo is boring another custom with one of his long stories in the background.  ;D

[image][image]

My own version of Badoo Bok. Any visitor to thecustomalliance.com ends up doing their own interpretation of Badoo Bok.

[image] [image]

And finally, it's a Wookiee uprising! A lot of these wooks are still in various stages of completion. One of my faves is the second to the far right...it's a Bespin Escape Chewie that I sanded the ammo belt off of, resculpted the fur, then decided it wasn't articulated enough so I gave him Kung-Fu battle grip and articulated knees.

[image][image]

Thank you, and good night!  ;)

-DD

« Last Edit: April 4, 2005, 02:07 AM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 4, 2005, 02:19 AM »
You sure are brave with customizing those wookies. I hope I find some on clearance. I only have 4. Maybe tommorow I'll take a risk and work on one. I'm worried about messing up the face. Any advice?

Very neat Max Veers custom too. I love Imperial Officers.

Kevin

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 4, 2005, 02:49 AM »
You sure are brave with customizing those wookies. I hope I find some on clearance. I only have 4. Maybe tommorow I'll take a risk and work on one. I'm worried about messing up the face. Any advice?

Very neat Max Veers custom too. I love Imperial Officers.

Kevin

If you've got a steady hand, painting the wooks is pretty simple, you only really need to be careful around the face. I use a small brush for around the eyes, nose and mouth, then slap the base color on with a bigger brush. After it dries, I use a medium size brush to dry brush the fur highlights on, then give the whole thing a slightly darker wash to get into the fur details.

Check out some of Chewie's wookiees to see how it's REALLY done.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 4, 2005, 02:22 PM »
DD, those are some spectacular customs!

DAAKMAN BARACK -

Looks great, and it's good to see another human Jedi.  Seems like most of us (like myself) forget about the humans sometimes and focus on aliens a bit too much.

BLACK WOOKIEE -

Totally awesome and mean looking.  Just a bit of dry brushing would really make him look freaking awesome in my opinion.

VEERS -

Looks perfect - love the hat... is it removable?

JOLEE BINDO -

Great use of parts!  Is that a Typho torso/arms?  Man you are good at mixing up parts!

BADOO BOK -

Looks fantastic, Dan Curto would be proud.   ;)

WOOKIEE UPRISING -

Heh heh I can't wait to see all of these finished... are you gonna make a diorama w/ grass and trees?  That would be so cool.