Author Topic: Customs by Darth Delicious- Update 10.25.08!!!  (Read 161904 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: Some Other Customs
« Reply #15 on: April 4, 2005, 02:35 PM »
DD, I never have any luck with washs. They always come out sloppy or just...ugly when I do them.

Suggestions?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 4, 2005, 03:58 PM »
Famine: When it comes to washes, I usually use a darker color and water it down quite a bit, so it's very thin in it's consistancy. Then you brush it on and it will just run into the details for you. Chewie is quite accomplished at dry-brushing and washes, he may be able to offer some further advice.

Chewie: Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it. What did you think of the Trandoshan I tried to mimic your painting style on?  :)

-DD

Back from the dead!!!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #17 on: April 4, 2005, 08:04 PM »
Looking good DD! Thanks for the tips on washes, I haven't ever been good at them either. I think the black wook could use a bit more highlighting, but he is looking great already. ;D
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 4, 2005, 08:25 PM »
Famine -

I rarely do washes with painting, usually dry brushing works better for me.  But what DD said about washes is definitely good advice.

Darth Delicious -

The Trandoshan looks awesome.  For the life of me I don't know what you used for the torso, but it looks great.  I would really like to be able to make something like that someday.

Also, the kneeling Clone looks freaking awesome. 

I also like your Sandtrooper.  You may want to paint the eye holes a bit as Hasbro in my opinion left the edges a bit too white, and also the breathing nozzels in the helmet could have a touch of black as well.  It's a pain to make these "corrections" on the VOTC Stormtrooper helmet.  I've done it on about 20 of them and man it's a pain to do.  They still look great without it though.

You've really added a lot to this section; it needed you!  And Sith Lord Chaos too!

Also, we might be seeing Owen D. around here soon as well... I don't want to pull anyone away from Scum, but it would be cool to see a few more people active here.  You guys have given me, Famine and Dimetrodon new life here.   :)

:P

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 4, 2005, 11:46 PM »
Did you use Shirtless maul for the Trandoshan torso?

Kevin

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 5, 2005, 02:51 AM »
   Thanks for all the feedback, guys. It really gets me inspired to make more.

Famine- Good guess on the Trandoshan chest piece, but actually, the torso and the upper arms came from a generic "Ninja Force" figure that can be found at Big Lots and other discount stores. He was supposed to be wearing chain mail, but it makes a darn good scaly torso as well. I need to get a few more for some other customs, as well as a Darth Bane I want to do. If I find any more I'll pick up a bunch and send them to whoever's interested.

Those generic Ninja figs run about a buck apiece.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 5, 2005, 11:27 AM »
I was wondering how you made that chest.  Excellent job.

I will need to go look for some of those figures myself now.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 5, 2005, 04:05 PM »
I need to go hunting for fodder this weekend; if you don't find any and I come across a few, I'll let you know.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 5, 2005, 05:04 PM »
If you see a couple, and don't mind picking them up I would appreciate it.  I'll pay you back.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Jodo Kast work in progress
« Reply #24 on: April 5, 2005, 06:14 PM »
Here's one I could use some help from the experts on.

I'm making a Jodo Kast out of one of the VOTC Fett's I bought...but the reference pics I've found are limited. Here's the figure so far; basically just a repaint with a belt from the 300th Edition Fett.

Any suggestions on this one would be appreciated. What can I add to this figure to make him more authentic?

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Jodo Kast work in progress
« Reply #25 on: April 5, 2005, 06:20 PM »
I don't know... but that sure is looking sweet.

I would say add some weathering to him.  Use a lot of silver for paint chipping.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 5, 2005, 08:03 PM »
Here's some more customs I dug out. These were figures I did early in my customizing hobby, as you can tell by their simplicity.  :D

While playing KOTOR, there were some palette swapped Gammoreans that were stronger than the regular Gammoreans. Here's my version of one... a very simple repaint with a little dry-brushing.

An Ishi Tib henchman from Jabba's Palace. This is based off of a CCG card my friend had.

A Mon Calamari senator. All those Lott Dodd's warming the pegs are good for something, at least.

And finally, Bok, a Morgukai Assassin from Dark Horse's REPUBLIC series.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 5, 2005, 08:07 PM »
This thread isn't about customs, is it? It's about "Oh look at me, I have a ROTS Clone Cup and you don't!" :-p

I dig Bok and the Gamorean. :) Bok could use a bit of weathering and the Gamorean could use some black under the eyes. :)

Kevin

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 5, 2005, 08:27 PM »
This thread isn't about customs, is it? It's about "Oh look at me, I have a ROTS Clone Cup and you don't!" :-p

I dig Bok and the Gamorean. :) Bok could use a bit of weathering and the Gamorean could use some black under the eyes. :)

Kevin

Kev--

I was actually just trying to put something in the background that was more a more interesting backdrop than my curtains or my sleeping cat.  ;) If you want though, I'm happy to pass a clone cup along to you if I find some more. (Which I probably will...)

Yeah, I agree with your suggestions on Bok and the Gammorean. It shall be done!

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Jodo Kast work in progress
« Reply #29 on: April 5, 2005, 08:29 PM »
Was Jodo's armor really chipped up? The ref pic I'm using just has a few dings here and there...

I still haven't found a decent pic of his jetpack.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!