Author Topic: Customs by Darth Delicious- Update 10.25.08!!!  (Read 161899 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Red Shocktrooper
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2005, 12:27 AM »
Your painting skills are really getting good!!!!

I do not think I could paint that straight... holy cow that is impressive.

Thanks again for sharing another of your masterpieces... how long did it take to paint that?  Did you use acrylic paint?

:P

Offline Aaron_D

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2005, 12:30 AM »
What do you think?

What do I think?  I think I want one, that's what I think!  Wow, that's some sharp work there.  Great detail and lines.  Really impressive.  Keep it up!

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2005, 12:51 AM »
CHEWIE: Thanks for the compliment! This one took about six hours from start to finish, accomplished over several days. Most of the time on this was because one small part needed to be painted, then he needed to be left to dry before I tried again. I messed up several times, and had to scrape the paint in certain spots where my hand trembled.

Aaron_D: You want one? You may get your chance. I got laid off yesterday (although there is a very good chance I may be hired back in two weeks...long story.) So if things get desperate, I may put some customs up on E-Bay.  :'(

-DD (All up in here with his sob story)

Back from the dead!!!

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Wookiee Chieftan-Work in progress
« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2005, 01:01 AM »
Yeah, Chewie, great minds think alike. Too bad I don't live around you, I imagine we'd get some great weekend projects going.

"Hey Chewie, wanna build a Death Star in my garage?"

"Sure!"

But seriously, the Chieftain's braids look even better in the back...when I finish it up I'll get a picture from both sides. I should probably send it to you for a custom CHEWIE paint app.  ;)

Can't wait to see the Tarful figure you've made. I was planning one too (He's too cool to be left with the lame figure Hasbro gave him) but I'm glad you've done one first so I can use it as a template.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2005, 01:09 AM »
You're a much better painter than me...

The lines are what scared me away from this custom...I also like how you took a few chips to the paint job to make him look weathered....very cool.

Now let's see a few more in a senate pod diorama. :)

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2005, 03:17 AM »
You want me to paint more of them? Eep! Not sure my mind can take it!  :P

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2005, 10:36 AM »
DD - sorry to hear about your job... man I hope they bring you back on.  That really sucks!   :(

If you do put some stuff on ebay, I am sure you will do well there.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2005, 12:59 PM »
Freakin' sweet dude. Sorry to hear about your job. I too will be laid off at the end of this summer. But anyway, I've wanted to see a shock trooper, as they have my favorite paint job. That really looks like a Hasbro paint job. Good job. I am curious how you did the uber straight helmet markings. Tape?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2005, 01:41 PM »
Nice!!!! ;D

I love that paint job, I thought about trying one of these and then I remembered my hands shake like a Parkinson's patient when I try and paint lines like that. ::) ;)

I'm curious as well, what kind of paint is that, and how did you make the lines so straight?
"This is the way."

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2005, 06:43 PM »
Nice!!!! ;D

I love that paint job, I thought about trying one of these and then I remembered my hands shake like a Parkinson's patient when I try and paint lines like that. ::) ;)

I'm curious as well, what kind of paint is that, and how did you make the lines so straight?

Thanks, SLC.

My straight lines are a combination of taping off certain areas as a guide, and then using an exacto to trim off any flaws and make the lines as straight as possible. I use Tamiya acrylics on all my customs...I've tried other brands, but found Tamiya to be best suited to my tastes.

Next...I may face my dreaded nemesis who's defeated me twice...the green clone!

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
KOTOR figures
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2005, 08:21 PM »
Well, I found Zaalbar today (Darth Nihilus is still MIA) but I thought I'd post it even though it's not even really a custom, it's just Chewbacca with some new accessories.

As soon as I find a better belt this one will be replaced. I'm really happy with his suspenders, though.  ;)

Do you guys think I should give him a new paintjob?

-DD
« Last Edit: April 14, 2005, 08:22 PM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: KOTOR figures
« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2005, 08:26 PM »
I love that character from the game... I would say try and repaint him some so he doesn't look so much like Chewbacca... I could be wrong, but I think his hair style on his head should be a bit more like the ANH Chewbacca (maybe a ROTS Chewbacca head would work).  And maybe paint the suspenders some to make them a little less bright. 

Where did you come up with those suspenders?  Those look about perfect!!

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Wookiee Chieftan-Update
« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2005, 08:34 PM »
I took all the suggestions I've got, and here's an update.

Famine my friend, I'm afraid you got outvoted on the coloring...most people favored a darker wook. I haven't forgotten ya, though...my next wook will be more blonde, per your request.

In any case, here's an updated pic.

The area ground out by the eye is where a massive Trandoshan claw scar is going to go. Someone suggested an eyepatch, and a lot of people wanted scarring, so I decided to mix the two and give him a gouge near the eye. I'm thinking of doing it with epoxy, then trying to give it a nasty, puckered look.

Comments, suggestions?

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: KOTOR figures
« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2005, 08:37 PM »
Good suggestions, Chewie! I'll definitely be changing him up a bit.

The suspenders came from a backpack from one of those military figures they sell at TRU.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Wookiee Chieftan-Work in progress
« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2005, 08:46 PM »
Looks good man... and very tough... almost evil!

As for the scar... I would strongly suggest practicing on a junk figure first... especially since a scar on a Wookiee might easily be covered up by their hair.