Author Topic: Customs by Darth Delicious- Update 10.25.08!!!  (Read 163732 times)

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-Updated 5/10/05
« Reply #255 on: May 16, 2005, 07:08 PM »
Thank you!  ;D I was looking for about an hour earlier today and found nothing.
I'll post pics when I'm all done.
Are you going to make a removable mask for yours?  How would you go about doing that?

I'm sculpting the mask using the radio headset from the Clone Wars Tinn as a skeleton. to hole it in place.

I've been really busy this week though, with making new molds and doing some work for a friend, that I haven't had time to make any customs for me...  :(

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Check this out...
« Reply #256 on: May 16, 2005, 08:14 PM »
I was stripping the paint from a Clone Commander today, but I think I might have left it on his chest a little long, because look what happened when I started rubbing it off with a paper towel...

Apparently the solvent softened up the chest, and his whole friggin' shoulder tore away! Talk about battle damage! He looks like one of the clones that went head to head with Grievous in Palpatine's residence!

So, I glued him back together, and he looks like this now...

He still has a jagged crack down the front of his armor, so I guess I'll just weather it appropriately and make him a severly battle damaged custom.  :P

I guess I've found a new tool for softening those incredibly hard to crack POTF torso's...

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-Updated 5/16/05
« Reply #257 on: May 16, 2005, 08:28 PM »
 ;D That kinda sucks though...

I wonder what would happen if he took a bath in that suff all night..... :P ;)

for POTF torsos I actually found that it works best to dremmel out the center post and then crack it after it has been in hot water for about 1min to soften the glue.
"This is the way."

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #258 on: May 16, 2005, 08:56 PM »
OUCH!  I'm sorry man that sucks!
...maybe you could send it back to hasbro with an angry letter  ;) :P

I heard that putting baby powder on Saesee's head and then putting sculpey over it would enable me to remove it, but I've never tried it before...have you tried this method?
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 16, 2005, 09:12 PM »
Hey Gregorbian...

I've never tried it with sculpey, but when making molds you often use a light coating of powder as a release agent to keep materials from sticking. I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work with Sculpey.

Here's something I finished up today. As you can tell, It's such a beautiful Southern California day that I've been working outside.  ;)

I removed the R5 head and attached it to one of the many R2 units I have lying around. I plan to do more in the future, including a few clean versions. This guy though, is old and beat up.

This is the first little Astro droid I've ever done.  I'm a late bloomer when it comes to custom Astromechs.  :P

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 16, 2005, 09:40 PM »
Nice job on that R5 unit (and I'm jealous about your weather!  :P)
I finished making the softgoods on my Saesee and I made his chest console thing, so now I have to wait for the putty to dry and then I can paint him up.  I think I'll give that sculpey w/powder thing a shot, if it doesn't work, I'll just start over, what have I got to lose?  ;)
How did you attach that R5's head?  I've been meaning to do an R5 custom but haven't gotten around to it because I'm not sure how to pull off and reattach R2-D2's heads.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 16, 2005, 10:06 PM »
I think your plan for Saesee is a good one. I can't wait to see it!

For the R5, I cut the head off the "Attack" R5 figure (Good call, Hasbro!) with my Dremel's cutting wheel, then did the same with the R2 head. Some sanding, a little glue, and viola! Instant R5 sans dopey gun attachments.

Here's another simple custom. Like R2 units, I have a crapload of spare POTF Greedo's lying around...so with a simple repaint, I made the Rodian thug from JEDI: OUTCAST.

As you can see, CHEWIE's spot as #1 drybrusher is not in any immediate danger from me.  :P

-DD
« Last Edit: May 16, 2005, 10:17 PM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 16, 2005, 11:30 PM »
Haha, I don't think anybody comes close to CHEWIE's drybrushing skills.  :P

I think I'll try my hand at making an R5 (once I finish off the 200 other custom ideas I have floating around)....

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #263 on: May 17, 2005, 01:03 AM »
Nice figs DD...

I like seeing the Rodian from JO just because it's a Rodian from JO...  not an every day figure you see...  Very cool use of something most of us have one or two (or a dozen) of.  I like the sheer diversity in all the Rodian figures Hasbro's done over the years (all the Greedo's anyway) since they really alll look like different guys.  I stick one with a gun drawn on Han, and that's Greedo.  The rest are just thugs.

Anyway, the R5's good too, late bloomer or not, it's a very unique paintjob, not the norm to see a dark, but not black, paintjob on astro's.  Very good...  Lots of good damage marks on him too.  I like what looks like a black starburst on the bottom lip of his dome.

The mask you're working on for SaeSee should be interesting...  I've been a little perplexed how it'll be done to seal the head...  Can't just go hopping into space with skin exposed.  I'm anxious to see that final item to polish the figure off.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 17, 2005, 01:13 AM »
I'm a bit perplexed with that at the moment myself... ;)

Glad you noticed the little "starburst" battle damage on the Astrodroid...I did that with a new paint I picked up this week from Tamiya called "Clear Smoke." Leaves a little of the paint from underneath showing through, and gives it a little bit or realism, I think.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 17, 2005, 10:46 AM »
Ah, I love that astromech DD.  There used to be a droid craze a few years ago, but it seems to have died out... good to see a nice droid back in the shuffle of new customs.  Excellent weathering and color scheme selection.

Rodian - Good choice of colors; this one isn't my favorite of your work, but that's just because all of your other work is just so well done and Hasbro's '95 sculpt is so outdated.  I would suggest possibly a new body for this set of hands and head.  If you have a spare Owen Lars, I always thought it might be a good body for a Rodian moisture farmer. 

:P

Offline Omega Squad Commander

• Jedi Initiate
  • LatinAmerica FanForce PRJO HC * CFAPR Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 17, 2005, 02:52 PM »
Dawn General, those are some jedi kicking customs that you have.

TheForce.net LatinAmerica FanForce Puerto Rico Jedi Outcast High Council Member
Club de Figuras de Acción de Puerto Rico

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 17, 2005, 03:48 PM »

He still has a jagged crack down the front of his armor, so I guess I'll just weather it appropriately and make him a severly battle damaged custom.  :P

I guess I've found a new tool for softening those incredibly hard to crack POTF torso's...

-DD

HAHA, thats the weirdest thing I've seen yet with SW figure flukes!
man, that sucks. but it does look kinda cool put back together, Battle Raveged Commander..

And that rodian is pretty cool, I haven't see that scheme before. same with the R5 unit. very nice indeed. the R5 unit is one that I wish they made in the miniatures size. would be great.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 17, 2005, 05:32 PM »
I've got a lot of friends asking for custom Commander Bly's...why's this guy so popular?

Anyway, here's two brand spankin' new Commander Bly's.

Which one do you think is better?

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-Updated 5/17/05
« Reply #269 on: May 17, 2005, 05:49 PM »
Right one.:D

Check my Profile out, DD. ;D