Author Topic: Customs by Darth Delicious- Update 10.25.08!!!  (Read 162347 times)

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-Updated 7/31/05, sort of
« Reply #420 on: August 16, 2005, 09:10 PM »
Wow, it's been weeks since I updated this thread! I have been incredibly busy with scripts and my new job, so I've sadly neglected my customizing of late...but here's a sneak preview. I'll have more new stuff this week.

This is Commander Sparr. I know it's just a boring Clone repaint, but I think it turned out well. I'll have some more interesting, non-clone customs up soon.  ;)

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-Sneak preview, 8-16-05
« Reply #421 on: August 17, 2005, 12:21 AM »
Beautiful!  Oh well, another Clone, but this one looks very nice.  I love the paint scheme.  It's very believable and I'm glad to see one without weathering.  Looks like he's an important Commander that just got some new duds.

Can't wait to see what other stuff you have coming... and don't forget the Monthly Customizing Challenges.

:P

Offline crazy about Clones

• Youngling
  • I'm the first Star Wars custom ever created.....
    • View Profile
    • Rebelscum
« Reply #422 on: August 17, 2005, 10:04 AM »
Great Job! I always like Clone Commanders but this one is awesome! Good to see no weathering too ;D
"I think the Kanucks of Vancouver are superior Warriors." Teal'c - Stargate SG-

"I like me" Caboose - Red vs Blue

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 17, 2005, 10:13 AM »
I though you swore off clones DD.  ;)

Well anyway, its good to see a non battle damage version of this guy. He's very well painted.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #424 on: August 17, 2005, 11:10 AM »
Great job!  I like the clean paint job as well.  Nice straight, crisp lines as always.  Is that a Clone Commander body or a SA Clone body?
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 17, 2005, 01:27 PM »
I love that shade of blue, DD. Is that the same color you used on Jedi Ash?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 17, 2005, 02:26 PM »
Hey guys! Thanks for the feedback! Like I said, this is just a sneak preview, I'll have more this weekend, including Sith, smugglers, and Mandalorians. Oh my!

Crazy About Clones: I wasn't sure about how everyone else would feel about it because we've seen enough clones lately to choke a donkey, but I always knew I could count on you.   ;D

Master Phruby: I did swear off clones for awhile, but I still have a few left that I never posted pics of, so you'll see those soon...but I have moved on. I still have a lot of clones lying around though, so I'll revisit them at some point, and I have been doing commisions so I'll post pictures of those as I do them, but lately I haven't done any for me. I have to say though, Gregorbian and Aeseven come up with some great clone stuff that I want to emulate at some point, but for now...I'm burned out. Thanks for the compliment on this one though...it means a lot considering how burned out on clones I know you are as well.  ;D

Gregorbian: I used the Clone Commander body on this one. I could have used the SA body (I have about 40 of 'em) but on this guy, I wanted the Commander pack as well as the extra arm gear.

Dressel Jr: The shade of blue on this one is different than the one on Ash. For Ash I used the same color as I use for the 501st, which is Games Workshop Enchanted Blue. (Although on Ash's tunic I added some Tamiya Gray drybrushing.) For Commander Sparr I used Games Workshop Shadow Gray. I really cannot recommend the Games Workshop paints enough, they come in some great color variety that a lot of other lines lack. (Their Sunburst Yellow almost perfectly matches the yellow on Hasbro's AOTC Clone Commanders, for example.)

Chewie: I'll make sure to get this guy in some Order 66 "battle scenes" for your approval.   ;)

-DD

Back from the dead!!!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #427 on: August 17, 2005, 05:40 PM »
Looking good DD. I've been missing your updates. I like the shade of blue as well. I can't wait for a full update. :)
"This is the way."

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 21, 2005, 05:13 AM »
I really like it. The shade of blue doesnt overpower the figure. He actually looks like a Commander who would be at the Jedi Temple Massacre.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 22, 2005, 04:58 AM »
All right, time to start some updates!

I didn't get as much done on my customs as I would have liked this weekend, mostly because of a backyard project that took far longer than I anticipated; so, some of these are still works in progress. The upshot of that is that you can make suggestions on what I can add!

First, let's get the easy, boring stuff out of the way. Here's a yellow ARC commission I finished this weekend. Simple stuff. I may want to add something to the gunskirt, I'm not sure. What do you guys think?

Second, here's a Bith mercenary, still very much in the initial stages. He's kind of inspired by a character I saw in a Fett story in one of the Star Wars Tales issues, although I'm not even trying for an accurate custom of that particular character. I figure the pack is some type of high-tech plasma discharger, and his hands fit inside the gauntlets to operate the triggers.

This guy still needs some accessories, detailing and drybrushing. I'm going to give him some goggles atop that giant melon of his, and maybe a Black Sun tattoo over the eye. I also have to decide what to do with that rather large chest hole he has. Suggestions on this guy, anyone?

Here's a work in progress Mandalorian. The base figure is one of those silver Fett's. I got it for three bucks because the packaging was hammered. He's still in need of touch-ups and some bodysuit weathering.

I like this guy, but he screams "Fett" to me still, so I've got to come up with some ways to set him apart. I think I'll glue some CW Saesee Tinn leg armor on him to make his legs look different. I may also alter the position of his arms, but I'm open to other suggestions as well.

More soon!

-DD

« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 06:27 AM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-updated Monday
« Reply #430 on: August 22, 2005, 06:17 AM »
As always DD your customs are top notch!

Yellow Arc- They only thing I would do to him would be maybe put some yellow on his kama. Otherwise a very cool custom.

Bith Mercenary- Definately a cool custom. Not sure what to do with the hole in his chest. Hmmmm
I remember my dream now.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-updated Monday 8/22
« Reply #431 on: August 22, 2005, 07:46 AM »
Great update DD!  ;D

Yellow ARC - I Like the simplicity of this guy (in terms of the paint scheme) - I don't think I would change much.  I think painting the top of his rangefinder black would be cool - the blue kinda stands out to me.  Also, you might want to lighten the shade of yellow on the pauldron (I hate using yellow because I always have to use about 400 coats  ::)).  Still, those are very minor nitpicks and I think that whoever gets that figure is a lucky SOB  :P

Bith Merc - Whoa, this guy looks like he means business!  I like the hand guns (literally  ;)), what were they originally?  I also like that eye-tattoo idea, go for it!  Maybe you could add some scarring to his head as well?

Mandalorian - Very cool so far!  I like the silver parts that are showing through.  The Bantha Skull on the chest armor is very well done - I can't seem to be able to paint those things.  What about, instead of a Fett-style cape, you give him a "kama" instead?  I think a black bodysuit would be cool - help make him look less Jango-esque.  Still, great stuff so far!
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 22, 2005, 10:33 AM »
Nice to see another update DD!

Yellow ARC - A nicely done paint job, he looks very sharp and crisp.  I guess the antenna thing should be painted black too though.

Bith Merc - What a wild idea and design.  That being said, I love it and have nothing to add except that maybe his neck looks a little long, and perhaps a bit of dry brushing will really make him look awesome.  I don't think a tatoo is required, I almost think that a scar woudl look even better.  But this is your baby, so go to town however you see fit. 

Mandalorian - The only thing is the he looks too clean and "factory made" at this point.  I'm sure a little dirtying up will change that.  If you want to "lose" the Fett feel, you could always do and arm or legs swap with a different figure.

Great job DD!

:P

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 22, 2005, 11:29 AM »
DD- Great update.

I totally dig the yellow ARC Trooper. The only thing I'd add to him is maybe a rocket launcher across his back. Make him look a little like a WOTC Minis trooper.

Bith Mercinary-I like what you've done. For the hole, why not take a clone trooper pilots breathing aparatus,  or some sort of mini PC, sand down the raised edges of the hole. and attach it like a controll pannel. Kind of like a "settings" thing. Maybe it is even a communicator.

I'd try and give Mr. Mandolorian a different Helmet, like a clones or somthing. Slap an antenae on it, and voila, not so Jango.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 22, 2005, 01:41 PM »
 For the mandalorian, I think he looks great as is. Doesn't remind me of Jango at all and all he needs is a bit of weathering, which you said you'd do anyways. In my opinion he doesn't remind me of Jango at all. He reminds me of someone from Vertigo Company, which was a unit in the mandalorians that specialized in air assault and was under the leadership of Montross .After montross defected, Vertigo company was under the leadership of a mandalorian named Myles.