Author Topic: Customs by Darth Delicious- Update 10.25.08!!!  (Read 163050 times)

Offline Joe

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-Updated Friday 2.24.06
« Reply #675 on: February 24, 2006, 09:04 AM »
commented more at FFURG but may I say again this is one GREAT custom.
Cheers!

- Joe

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: February 24, 2006, 09:54 AM »
I commented about this one over at FFURG as well. This is my favorite of all your customs DD. The scaring is really well done and not over the top like Hasbro did with crispy Anakin. The only thing is the red should be a little darker but I assume that is just the flash doing that. It looks like he needs those little flaps around the torso. Somehow I think Maul upper legs combined with those boots would be a more exact fit for the picture. But very nicely done DD.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: February 24, 2006, 10:36 AM »
DD, this is easily one of my favorites that you've made.  You captured the essence of the character very well.  Awesome parts selection and painting.  He looks production quality and I love the face detail.  Seeing him in battle with Master Vander looks awesome.  Very good custom and nice to see the variety of talents you have in your work as always.

:P

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: February 24, 2006, 11:04 AM »
AAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW YEEEEAAAAAHHHHH BOYEEEE!!!!!!!

That is one cool figure, DD.  I have always wanted to do one, but didn't think the whole "shattered and shredded, then put back together" look could be pulled off.  You have shown me the light, and my hat is off to you sir.  Excellent work, and the brilliant transformation from Windu to Sion is very early Eddie Murphy.  <---not for kids, don't open at work unless you, your boss, and cow - orkers have an affinity for witticism and suffer from mastophilia.

I can't tell by the pics, but is his right arm painted to look like that or did you sculpt to achieve the sleeve?  Looks great regardless, I'm just curious.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: February 24, 2006, 11:07 AM »
DD- Thats is freaking amazing.  I really like the way you put those parts together!

Maybe if you can use a camera with a tripod and macro mode you can get some photos without using a flash?

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: February 24, 2006, 11:20 AM »
 :o  :o :o :o :o Wow. I just dont have the words to tell you how cool this is. Excellent job. Im going to go bang my head against the wall now because I suck.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: February 25, 2006, 02:50 PM »
Thanks guys. As always, the feedback is appreciated!

Darth_Ennis: Practice makes perfect. I could show you some custom attempts of mine that would make you cringe. For example, my first ever attempt at a SA ARC trooper (long before SA clones were readily available) and my hideous attempt at a Quinlan Vos.  ;)

BrentS: Yeah, I need to get a tripod and a photo table. I really wanted to do a shot of him cast in the red light of his saber, but the camera just couldn't catch it without blurring.

Master Phruby: Great suggestion all the Maul legs, I'm definitely going to do that. The added bonus of Ball jointed knees is too good to pass up. Also, the red is not nearly as bright as the flash made it out to be.

Ryan: The scarring didn't take long at all. I pitted the chest severly with various dremel tools, then smeared a little epoxy here and there for texture. The head took maybe a half hour to get right, and then I left it overnight to harden.

Ruprecht: Thanks for the kind words. There was a time I didn't think the scarring could be pulled off either. I almost went with a CW Kit Fisto torso at one point, but I'm glad I didn't because it wouldn't have been bulky enough and the poseability would be limited.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #682 on: February 25, 2006, 07:02 PM »
HI DD

Mate I'm really impressed with this figure the detail on him is very very well done and the paint apps just add to the detail and the likeness is spoton well done.

With the photo's have you thought about taking them outside I have a large patio with a cover and I take my photo's between 9am - 11-am in the mornings this way you still get the natural lighting but you don't get the sun directly on the figure. And the only thing you might have to do is either brighten or darken it a little with PSP-6

Ron

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #683 on: February 25, 2006, 09:57 PM »
AWWWWWSSSOMME man that is great likness of Sion, You made it look like he "slept with vibroblades" :D ;) but anyhow....wow just wow keep it up, I wouldn't change a thing.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: March 5, 2006, 05:07 PM »
Hemble: Thanks for the tip...I took this pic of my latest custom outside and it came out quite well. I think that will be what I have to do, at least until I get a tripod.

Smartypants: Thanks for the comments...I wasn't sure if the scarring was going to work out, but I'm pretty happy with it. I may end up making a second version of Sion as well.

In the meantime, here's a quick update. I've been pretty busy this week, but did manage to get a few customs in. Here's a fan-fic, KOTOR era Sith I've dubbed Darth Viscera:

I really, REALLY like the EVO Palpatine body for custom parts. The legs are from the EVO Dooku to give him added height.

You might remember an ARC Commander I did awhile back named Commander Talon. If not, here he is:

Well, I upgraded him to Phase 2 armor:

I'll try to get a few more up later tonight or tomorrow.

-DD
« Last Edit: March 8, 2006, 02:15 AM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Jedi_Assassin

• Jedi Initiate
  • My people are dead, I shall have revenge.
    • View Profile
    • My Xanga
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-Updated Sunday 3.5.06
« Reply #685 on: March 5, 2006, 05:22 PM »
OMG! That is the coolest freakin' thing I have ever seen. I'm doing a Sith apprentice. I need to even out the work load more. The photonovel, school, my class trip, vacations, homework, work, fodder-shopping, and customizing. I overwork myself.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #686 on: March 5, 2006, 10:00 PM »
Wow, I wouldn't have known where to even start on that figure.  He resembles the reference image very well, great work DD!
Phase 2 Commander Talon looks good, although I would have personally left him "clean" just to match is Phase 1 armor version.  Still, the weathering on him looks great, I just like my clones "clean."

Darth Viscera looks insane, what are those parts?  He looks like the heir-apparent to Darth Maul in terms of bad-assery  ;D
Is that 3 3/4" scale?  He looks a lot bigger (like Marvel Legends scale).  Awesome job DD!
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: March 6, 2006, 02:12 AM »
Gregorbian: I like Clones clean in some cases, and because I think it shows off your painting skills...but sometimes I like to dirty 'em up, and make them look like they've been in the field for awhile. I may do a "clean" version of Talon in the phase II armor at some point...but for this one, I wanted him gritty.

Darth Viscera is a EVO Palpatine, Darth Maul Cloak, GIJOE Cobra soldier head, and Cobra Commander Chest Armor. I'm pretty happy with how he turned out; when I first assembled him I was unsure if I liked him, but I think the paint scheme ended up bringing him together fairly well.

Here's another project I've been working on sice reading TRIPLE ZERO:

Both Delta1138 (Boss) and Fi here are still works in progress, but I thought you guys would get a kick out of seeing them early.  ;D

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline aeseven7

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-Updated Monday 3.6.06
« Reply #688 on: March 6, 2006, 06:01 AM »
Man DD, that Sith Lord is just flat out COOL!  I know all too well the feeling before a custom is painted that maybe it isn't gonna look quite right but I must say the choice of parts and paintjob is top-notch. 

The two RCs look great too and i was reaaaally hoping someone would do the stealth look (picked up Triple Zero but haven't read it yet since I still need to finish Hard Contact lol) and i think he turned out really cool as well.  The weathering you added i think gives him some depth. . .it's not easy making something black look weathered without it looking. . .off, ya know.

In any case, keep up the great work:)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-Updated Monday 3.6.06
« Reply #689 on: March 6, 2006, 10:00 AM »
Darth Viscera - looks amazing.  I've been working on a Sith Lord Custom and my guy looks laughable next to this one!  I think that Joe Body parts are a perfect fit for this guy.  Maybe I should start looking at more GI Joe parts. Hmmmm.

The Commando also looks good.  I haven't read any of the RC stories (or even played the game) so I haven't completely been swept up by RC-craze.  However, from what I hear, the new RCs are supposed to be black in scheme.  I think you pulled them off for sure.