Author Topic: Customs by Darth Delicious- Update 10.25.08!!!  (Read 162366 times)

Offline hyouriittai

• Youngling
  • Objection your honor! The pod race was pretty cool
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-Updated Monday, 4.24.06
« Reply #765 on: April 24, 2006, 03:45 PM »
I like the cantina flies, especially the Mon Cal bartender.

Skirata is looking really good. What head did you use? It looks repainted, and really cleanly, especially with the stubble. Good job, Double-D!
-Matthew H.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: April 24, 2006, 04:14 PM »
Thanks guys!

Chewie/Hyourattai: The Skirata head has the base coat on his hair, (it was originally brown) but there's a lot more drybrushing to be done before it's finished. The head comes from a military figure. As soon as I saw it, I thought it was close to Skirata as I was going to get. (In the latest insider, Skirata looks a lot like Ed Harris with more hair...too bad there are no 3.75 inch Ed Harris figures.) The only thing I'm unsure about is what waist-piece to give him, although I'm leaning toward Djas Puhr for the holsters. Then I'll have to make him a couple of Verpine Shatter Guns. After this version I plan to make Kal in his Mando armor.

Ruprecht: Thanks, I have a lot of fun with the dialogue too. Another one of those things that makes me wish I had time to do a photonovel.  Not that the photonovel would be about insulting Sarah Jessica Parker...but it could. :P

-DD

Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: April 26, 2006, 05:10 PM »
Photonovels are so hard to find time for Aaron... but if you ever make one I know we'll all be applauding what you do.

:)

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: April 27, 2006, 02:04 AM »
Thanks Chewie. It would be a lot of fun, but I'm sure it's more work than I can even imagine at this point. The sheer amount of work that goes into your PN's always blows me away.

I'll be lucky to have time to crank out a few customs this week!

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: April 27, 2006, 09:54 AM »
Cool set of bar flys there. The joke is prefect and so true. Remember when she was on Square Pegs?

« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 09:55 AM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: April 27, 2006, 04:23 PM »
I used to watch that show religiously. Why, I'm not exactly sure. Talk about a blast from the past.Good GOD I feel old now. Thanks Phruby.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: April 27, 2006, 04:38 PM »
Your welcome. ;D

It was the 'Saved by the Bell' of our time.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline kliqfan4life

• Youngling
  • my underhanded plan is......
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: April 28, 2006, 04:44 AM »
sqaure pegs, man U guys are old, ahahah \jk but what up dd I havent seen ya at the wherehouse but I know u got stuff goin on, I just got there yesterday with my family still sick so I hope to catch ya next week, as usualy untouchable customs. I really need you to touch up my cody and scorch.
Hey Yo !! bluedottoyz.com is tha spot!!!!

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #773 on: April 28, 2006, 05:52 AM »
Gday mate

The Cantina files bartender really looks good he's been put together great.

Commando and Kal Skirata - the commando is kick arse the paint apps are simply awesome and the copper looking chest plate brings it all togther. Kal looks good so far can't wait to see the new legs but that head looks great the detail on him is excellent.

Ron

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: April 30, 2006, 05:12 AM »
Phruby: Do you ever wonder whatever happened to the other people on that show? I know Tracy Nelson ended up on some "Murder She Wrote" type show with Mr. Cunningham, but where did everyone else disappear to? And out of all of them, how is it SJP continued on? It's not like she had any more star power than the rest of them.

Man, enough "Square Pegs" talk...it's making feel like I'm taking crazy pills.  :P

Kliqfan: I try to stay away from there because that place really sucks, but I will need to pick up some books this week, so I should be by. Sorry to hear about your family, I hope there's some good news on the horizon.

hemble: As always, thanks for the kind words. I hope to have Skirata finished this weekend, along with a Mandalorian inspired by aeseven's work. I'm really swamped with scripts this month though, so my only customizing time comes during writing breaks.

-DD

Back from the dead!!!

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: April 30, 2006, 05:36 AM »
Phruby: Do you ever wonder whatever happened to the other people on that show? I know Tracy Nelson ended up on some "Murder She Wrote" type show with Mr. Cunningham, but where did everyone else disappear to? And out of all of them, how is it SJP continued on? It's not like she had any more star power than the rest of them.

Awesome customs, DD!

FYI, Amy Linker from "Square Pegs" retired from acting and, sadly, Merritt Buttrick, who also played David Marcus in "Star Trek" 2&3 died of AIDS in 1989.
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: April 30, 2006, 06:53 AM »
Quazar: Not that you mention it, I remember Buttrick in Star Trek and hearing he died of AIDS. I don't know why I never connected him as the same actor from Square Pegs.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: April 30, 2006, 10:42 PM »
All right, a quick update. As I said earlier, I don't have much free time lately, so one figure is all I managed to get finished this weekend. This Mando was (obviously) heavily inspired by aeseven's awesome Mandalorians. As a matter of fact, I ripped him off, pretty much.   :P

The figure is a lot less shiny in person, but you know how flash phtography goes. Hope you guys like it!

-DD
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 11:38 PM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-Updated Sunday 4.30.06
« Reply #778 on: April 30, 2006, 10:56 PM »
TERRIFIC Mandalorian, but I have one small complaint, I don't like the light blue color of the visor.

But the rest of the painting is fantastic.  Very well done.
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-Updated Sunday 4.30.06
« Reply #779 on: April 30, 2006, 11:13 PM »
I actually like the visor tint, I think it adds something unique to him.

Overall a very well done custom DD - from parts combinations to the paint.  At first I didn't like the painting of the back of the kama a lot, but now it's growing on me, it almost looks like blood smears from one of his kills.

Great update!!!

:)