Author Topic: The "Photonovel Updates" Thread  (Read 111945 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: The "Photonovel Updates" Thread
« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2006, 01:44 AM »
Just posted Chapter One of my new series Shadowstalker. Check it out!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2006, 02:53 PM »
I just posted Chapter 1 of my ADSC Photonovel. It has no working title, so if you have an idea, feel free to post it or PM me about it.

Here's the link.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 30, 2006, 10:26 AM »
Here's a couple previews from me...

:)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 1, 2006, 02:28 AM »
...and I just got #4 in the Rykrof series up, please check it out and let me know what you think, I am hoping it's the best of the redos I have made so far.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 1, 2006, 11:58 AM »
Well, I finished Chapter 2 up eariler than I predicted. Check it out!
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 6, 2006, 12:37 AM »
Great Chapter Nirvana, I just got my lastest up too.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 11, 2006, 10:57 PM »
Updated the next installment of Duel of the Sith:

I've got both traditional and comic books styles depending on your taste!

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2006, 12:53 AM »
Guys,

This is what I was talking about with my "save the forum" thread last month about the distressing lack of comments and feedback in the photonovel section.

Brent has created an EXCEPTIONAL photonovel with awesome customs, incredible dioramas and a wonderfully original story and yet he can't seem to get any love from the community.

Please, I urge all of you to get yourselves to the PN forum and keep the chatter going, not only for Brent but for all the talented folks that pour their blood, sweat and tears into these delightful entertainments.

I'll be honest - it's the total lack of support that makes me seriously consider whether or not I should bother to go back to making my own photonovels. 

Brent and the rest deserve far better.
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2006, 10:05 PM »
Dude, first off who said comments had to be on the board, i have had many a chat with bretn online concerning all of his PNs same with justins. I dont see how a lack of board messages are bad, when they get them the second someone sends em on MSN or AIM

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 16, 2006, 03:56 AM »
I don't want to get into this here, since there's another thread dedicated to this subject in the PN forum...

PM's and IM's are great, but I think there is a definitely lack of discussion/commentary and support on this board, especially lately and especially on the PN forum.

There is some wonderful work being done and those suckers are extremely difficult to make.  Something like Brent's recent chapter, which had oodles of customs, a fantastic diorama and a terrific story - well, those efforts deserve kudos and attention and of a very public kind.

I have been very vocal about trying to drum up support for all the great work that gets done in the PN section (not to slight the other customizers efforts all, but I never felt that the other forums were as strangely absent of chatter) and I think all of us should try to do better to be supportive and constructive.

Personally, as someone who has worked very hard on photonovels in the past (and hopes to again in the future), it makes it all worthwhile to get a lot of nice, detailed comments....and, alternatively, it's crushing when that doesn't happen.

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
  • i've never seen garbage eat garbage before
    • View Profile
    • http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Darth_Depressis
« Reply #85 on: October 16, 2006, 10:04 AM »
anyways....were entering the last leg of Episode Seven, just updated.i might make an Ep8 TVV teaser trailer...not quite sure yet...
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 08:44 AM by Darth Depressis »

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 19, 2006, 04:55 AM »
Depressis,

I think you should make separate threads for your new additions to your photonovel, or at the very least add the new material to the bottom of the existing thread instead of editing the original post and adding it on there.

I think it makes it hard to find the new material and also prevents us from noticing the time stamp on the new material (which also has the effect of not bumping the thread to the top).

As a result, it is hard to know exactly when there is new stuff and it's just not easy to find it.

Since your photonovel is already long, it just makes it hard when you have to scroll through so many old pics to find your new stuff.

Good luck. I have enjoyed your story very much, but I find it hard to keep up in this fashion.  I recommend restructing your posts.

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 24, 2006, 01:45 PM »
thanks for the advice, i'm probably gonna release eight in two versions standard and comic....anyways heres a sneak peak at the forthcoming final update of A Dark Facade: http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Go%27Gek

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 3, 2006, 01:36 PM »
I don't know if everybody noticed or think i just another did a  "lil update", but Episode VII:A DARK FACADE is complete! i finnally did it  yay, iam also the user of the week on Fanon, so yay again....and A Dark Facade will be appearing on The Custom Alliance very soon.....as for Episode VIII, i'm currently in Pre-Pre-Production on it. gearing up figures,gathering background resources. i'm planning on not stringing everybody along with it and just releasing it once its completed. so my Fanon pages will haft to be enough for the time being seeing as it probably won't be even started until next year. i estimate a Spring release for Eight and a late summer release for Episode IX. i'm also Planning on a Golden Age of the Sith era PN as well as a X-MEN 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse PN. until then enjoy,ask questions,comment.....
« Last Edit: November 3, 2006, 01:40 PM by Darth Depressis »

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 3, 2006, 03:30 PM »
Still waiting to post my update.  It will be up for sure by next Friday, with or without the special effects.

"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate