Author Topic: EUCustomMan's figures (Barabel Jedi) 3-22-07 Update  (Read 14657 times)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Re: EUCustomMan's figures (Barabel Jedi) 3-22-07 Update
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2007, 06:02 AM »
I like it. I love the NJO but was unaware of this character. Too bad you were stiffed.
I remember my dream now.

Offline EUCustomMan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My Custom Figure Site
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2007, 10:23 AM »
Have you read the NJO books? Saba is in them a lot as a secondary character. NJO is a great series of books, you should read them if you haven't yet. In the novels they always mention that the litle jedi children are all afraid of Saba...which is kind of funny because she is a loving mother to many children  :D

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
  • i've never seen garbage eat garbage before
    • View Profile
    • http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Darth_Depressis
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2007, 10:46 AM »
great sculpt, i like that you actually made her greenish black, my own version was merely a mock-up compared to this. great job.

and yes the NJO is a great series, if ppl could just give it a chance.
i'm currently re-reading the Unifying force.

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2007, 03:43 PM »
 ;D Wow! That is very nice! Is that a barbel? Looks Great!
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline EUCustomMan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My Custom Figure Site
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2007, 08:56 PM »
  Is that a barbel?

From the refrence pictures I've been able to find that is what they look like. Even the Male and females look pretty much the same. The only real oddities is that in all the refrence books and Novels they say that Barabels have Greenish, Purplish or Greyish scales that get blacker and blacker with age...but in the comics and on the Japanese novel covers they always give Barabels red skin??? I've never found a good reason or explination for this.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2007, 09:14 PM »
Have you read the NJO books? Saba is in them a lot as a secondary character. NJO is a great series of books, you should read them if you haven't yet. In the novels they always mention that the litle jedi children are all afraid of Saba...which is kind of funny because she is a loving mother to many children  :D

The last NJO book I read was Vector Prime, I know I have alot of catching up to do.
I remember my dream now.

Offline EUCustomMan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My Custom Figure Site
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2007, 09:25 PM »

The last NJO book I read was Vector Prime, I know I have alot of catching up to do.

Just a little  ;)

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2007, 02:13 PM »

It took me a long time to read past Vector Prime too...all that mourning for Chewie kept me away from the NJO for a bit.  :'(

Awesome work as always, EUCustomman. I always look forward to whatever obscure alien race you're going to immortalize. Do you sculpt in wax and then cast the figures in resin? And do you have a pressure pot, because the casts you make are flawless...

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline EUCustomMan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My Custom Figure Site
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2007, 03:18 PM »
I'm still working with Super Sculpty  :( I did buy a waxing pen but I've had a hard time getting some good wax to work with...and I think I bought a cheap pen. I'm hoping that this summer I can make a few scratch build figures from wax, or atleast refine some of my older sculpts.

I don't have a preasure pot. I've just gotten better at casting over the years, learned a few tricks. I still get junk casts. 2 out of 3 casts are good. When I first started it was more like 1 out of 5 or 6 cast were useable. It only took me about 300 junk casts over the years before I started getting it right  ::)

Are you going to start casting DD?

Offline Theyrenotdolls

• Youngling
  • Always on the move....
    • View Profile
    • Theyrenotdolls.com
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2007, 12:06 PM »
EUCustomMan,

i normally dont post comments here on JD...usually just come by and have an occasional peek. Anyway, i wanted to compliment you on your wokling work.  They look fantastic and very faithful to the appearance of ROTJ's wokling. 
I wanted to suggest to you that you contact the guy at Niubniubsuinverse.com . 
He is doing Endor diorama at C4 and would probably love to include some of your woklings in the display. 

on your barabel....i'm not sure about exact reference images on seba, but for some reason, i alays pictured her having no boots...big reptillian claws instead.  I like the headsculpt, though.
They're Not Dolls Custom Star Wars Action Figures: 

http://www.theyrenotdolls.com

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #40 on: April 1, 2007, 05:54 AM »
man you have some great looking figures the scuplting work is awesome very well done indeed.

Ron