Author Topic: Famines Customs! Sith Lord!  (Read 30944 times)

Online Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Famines Custom Thread Updated 8/23!
« Reply #105 on: August 23, 2005, 06:08 PM »
Very Cool Kev! I love that Mando merc. The parts are great, what JP figure soes the rest come from? I really like the coloring, it looks like some of that fake red camo they used to make. Like I already told you I like the gun too. It's a very creative figure, and one of the best Mandalorians I've seen. Great work Kevin.

I like the punk kid too. The helmet is a little different looking but it is growing on me. Maybe you could paint it black or some other color. I like the droid arm, that kid must really be a little punk if he lost an arm.

Great update Kevin. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 23, 2005, 06:13 PM »
The Jurassic Park parts are from an Exclusive Pack In of Billy Brennan with the ADTA (All Terrain Dino Tracker). His gloves, and right arm and head are used on the figure. The rest is Djass, Jango, and removable Jango Helmet. It was a blast to make, and is over a year of slow slow work.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 23, 2005, 06:51 PM »
That punk kid looks pretty cool, I might suggest making his pants darker or something to make him look less like Anakin.  But it's still a great custom and looks like a great background diorama filler.

The Mandalorian is just totally awesome.  I don't know how much I like the exposed skin on his forearm, but it probably just takes some getting used to. 

What a great kick-a$$ looking figure he is.  That is one of the better parts swapping I've seen, and the paint scheme is great.  He looks nice and weathered.  Does he have a jetpack?  Not that he really needs one, just wondering.

Keep up the customs Famine!

:P

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 23, 2005, 07:03 PM »
I don't usually like JP parts, but that Mandolorian Merc owns! Perhaps a bit more gear?
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 23, 2005, 07:05 PM »
CHEWIE-Oh he has a backpack all right. t's just a WIP right now.

Vator-He's got a backpack, and I'm contemplating giving him a grenade belt or some sort of Sholder Cannon like "Predator" has. That would be pretty sweet.

Anyone notice the black striping I did on his chest armor and legs? I could have done a better job on those. He was origionally just that blood red color, but I decided to go CHEWIE and drybrush black and silver/allumium onto him to make him stand out some more.

There's a chance I may have another update tonight if my friend Will gets home at some point tonight, because his digicam I'm using hates my comptooter.

Kevin

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #110 on: August 23, 2005, 07:58 PM »
Great figures!  Excellent use of parts on the Mandalorian, the only thing that I would try would be to shave down the head a bit (or hollow out the helmet a bit more) so that the neck isn't showing.  If you don't want to do that, I would suggest painting his "neck" to match his bodysuit (like a collar) so that we don't see his skin.  Anyway, that's a small nitpick on a great figure!  Keep it up!
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
Re: Famines Custom Thread Updated 8/23! Mandolorian Merc and Punk Kid!
« Reply #111 on: August 24, 2005, 05:36 PM »
I remember the startings of that mandalorian back when I saw him in May. cool then, and cooler now. I really like how he came out. and your clones are very impressive, but do they do their job?

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Famines Custom Thread Updated 8/23! Mandolorian Merc and Punk Kid!
« Reply #112 on: August 24, 2005, 05:55 PM »

You like? I like.

Kevin

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Famines Custom Thread Updated 8/24! Clone Wars Diorama!
« Reply #113 on: August 24, 2005, 08:30 PM »
Diorama city.  It's nice to see that your armies are continuing to expand like that.

My favorite pics out of those are probably the ones with the custom Battle Droids.  Those look really nice.  I might suggest investing in some Real Stands for the droid figures, they really work wonders.

Are you going to start making any "environments" for them?  That is, custom backgrounds, flooring, etc?

:P

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 24, 2005, 08:37 PM »
CHEWIE-I dunno what to do for a background. I havent decided what planet they are on. I'd like to get some CORPS spotlight guard towers, and convert them to Republic Sentry Stations for my display. A little clone encampment coming under fire. I'd also like to get some string and hang one of those Vulture droids flying into battle.

I have some potential projects for Owen that may liven up that diorama some. I'd like to get my hands on a couple SA E2 clones for that display as well. I plan to install another shelf and make it a wrap around, so they have more room.

I need more room. Way too much crap in my room, and my bed is too big.

Kevin

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #115 on: August 24, 2005, 08:41 PM »
Very cool battle scenes - I agree with CHEWIE that some backgrounds would make it even better.  A quick way that I found to make some reasonably decent "ground" for your troops to stand on would be to download a "grass" or "dirt" background from Google images and then increase it in size a lot.  Print out 3 or 4 of them (since they're backgrounds, they should match up when you tile them), and you have some instant grass.  Simple and effective.
For actual backgrounds, I downloaded a forest scene (again, from Google Images) and increased it's size so that it took 8 or so pages to print out.  Then I taped all of the pages together to make 1 solid image and it looked like a very decent background, in my opinion.  Just make sure you don't make my careless mistake of using "shiny" scotch tape  ::)
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 24, 2005, 10:25 PM »
my bed is too big.

Kevin

No such concept exists.

But as far as the clone wars shelf goes, may I suggest putting a steel cage around it and the logo "WWF Battle Royal"?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 10:26 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline The Professor

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My Custom Dioramas at The Jawa
« Reply #117 on: August 24, 2005, 11:56 PM »
I don't know if you're a member of the Official Fan Club, but they sent out pretty big backdrops from Hasbro in their membersihp packets a year ago.  Jabba's Palace was on one side and an expansive view of the Geonosis battleground on the other.  It might work well for the display.  Anyway, keep up the good work.
"Go plug the professor into the back!"

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 25, 2005, 06:40 PM »
http://www.sci-fire.com

If you'll kindly glance through to that page, I'm working on some clone troopers aptly inspired by some of that guys various designs. His work is fantastic. Be sure to check out the "fan film" link for more cool helmet designs.

As Paris would say- "Thats hot."

Kevin

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 26, 2005, 12:31 AM »

Needs a name. For now he's just Clone.

Kevin