Author Topic: tykrazen's customs 8/7 Thrawn, organa Solo, Luuke, Karrde  (Read 38904 times)

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
Re: tykrazen's customs 4/24 Clone Command Chariot
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2006, 11:23 PM »
Chugga-chugga chugga-chugga chugga-chugga CHOO CHOO!! Clone Transport, all aboard!
Yo is what yo is.

Offline tykrazen

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spitting llama!
    • View Profile
    • The Jawa Junkpile Customs @theJawa.com
« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2006, 11:27 PM »
No-no-no-no-no

This isn't the Firefly universe -- it's the Star Wars Universe.  Star Wars doesn't have trains :-P

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2006, 11:30 PM »
Okay, okay...

VROOM!!! *captain gets out* the clone homie bus is fillin' up yo. Ya better get yo seats...fo shizzle...

What, no one ever said there weren't gangsta's in the SW universe! :P
Yo is what yo is.

Offline tykrazen

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spitting llama!
    • View Profile
Re: tykrazen's customs 4/26 NEW Clone Command Chariot
« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2006, 10:17 PM »
Based on the suggestions I've received here and elsewhere, I'm making some modifications to the chariot design.  I've added a thruster to each side and, I think, a windscreen for the commander.  I've put a full clear plastic piece in for now, but I plan to trim it so it tapers down on the sides.  (The new thrusters aren't painted yet).

What do you think of the changes?

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: tykrazen's customs 4/26 Revised Clone Command Chariot
« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2006, 10:41 PM »
I like the changes.  Very inventive use for all those extra Blast Turrets from the Clone Pilots.  Now I know what I can do with them too  ;D

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2006, 11:18 PM »
I think your additions are looking very good... the thrusters are exactly what this needed.

Actually, this might sound a bit goofy, but here's an suggesion that you may or may not like.  Owen D recently made a tank for me, and I was thinking that the top of it (from the Hoth rebel turret) might look good on your tank.  Sorry for using your pic - just trying to come up with ideas.

Also are you familiar at all with the Ultarama "posts" the hold them up?  one of those divided in two could work out really well on the sides to create a rounded hover speeder look.

:)

Offline tykrazen

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spitting llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 28, 2006, 06:28 AM »
I appreciate your input Chewie.  Because the original purpose of the vehicle was a tank, I wanted to avoid making a tank.   (I'm not a very literal person :-P).

That being said as I worked on this yesterday, I ran into a snag -- None of my various glues are working to bond the clear plastic to the Chasis... Still trying to figure out of I can use screws and digging through parts for clips, but the windscreen may be going away.

I've also added a vintage At-St top gun to the front right cockpit seat at the suggestion of a military buff.

More pics will come once all the painting is done.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 28, 2006, 08:15 AM »
I've started experimenting using greenstuff to help bond pieces together.  So far its worked very well.  You might be able create a bond using one of these expoxy resins and then repainting those surfaces.

Offline tykrazen

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spitting llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 28, 2006, 01:11 PM »
Last night I tried a 2-part epoxy, my polystyrene solvent and superglue.  None of them worked to bond the two surfaces.  The keep interacting with the clear plastic and apparently softening it.  I'm trying to work on some other ideas because I really feel it needs something there.

Offline tykrazen

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spitting llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2006, 10:43 PM »
More modifications to the design -- the beginnings of a command console for the officer as well as a seat for him (or her).  Venting and armor plating added to the side as well.  Small arms added to communications position.  Obviously alot of painting to be done.

Offline tykrazen

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spitting llama!
    • View Profile
Well, I finally managed to finish these.  The end result for the windscreen on the chariot was a vintage Landspeeder -- which fit perfectly.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
I think the landspeeder shell works perfectly on that hatch.  Looks great!

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
I like the use of Joe parts on this. At least someone found a use for those satelite dishes the Pilot came with. The windscreen is a great touch. So are you finished with it or is there more to come? Because Im liking it so far.

The gun tower is sweet too. I beleive Ive seen something like it recently in the Rebellon comic. Is that what inspired this or was it coincidence? I like it regardless.

Offline tykrazen

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spitting llama!
    • View Profile
Thanks guys -- at this point these are done -- I've spent far more time on them then I planned and I really want them off of the desk (Plus I just picked up an X-30, Tomahawk & another Joe Plane for $15 today and I want to start cutting those up :)).

The gun tower would be coincidence.  Originally I bought the Mauler to make a turret  to add onto my command center (It reminded me of the SPAH(?) cannon without it's dish), but when I realized it was bigger than I thought, I needed an alternative use.  Some scrap pieces added and a turret is born.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Clone Speeder- Looks really great I like the Clone Pilot turrets as the thrusters. The E-Web mounted on the back looks great too.

Gun Battery Tower- This is my favorite out of the two. Looks very Imperial-like. I would suggest adding some greeblies to the main structure of the tower to make it look a little more interesting, but otherwise, good job!