Author Topic: tykrazen's customs 8/7 Thrawn, organa Solo, Luuke, Karrde  (Read 38906 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: SA E2 Obi-Wan Kenobi
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2005, 10:31 AM »
I think it looks great.  I do wish that Hasbro would make a slightly better AOTC Obi Wan head though, I always though that that one from the Battle Pack looks just a bit mushed and fat.

:P

Offline no-wan

• Youngling
  • I Warn You Not to Under Estimate my Power !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2005, 06:20 PM »
Good Job Mitch !!!  8)

He looks very life like !!!  ;)
The New Sandcrawler Workshop

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2005, 07:00 PM »
Very cool idea and executed nicely.  I think all of the AOTC Obi-Wans that were made by Hasblo were lacking.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2005, 09:19 PM »
I like the Battle pack Obi-wan head. I think it's just me, but I think it looks great; Not 100% accurate, but still just really good.

Offline tykrazen

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spitting llama!
    • View Profile
    • The Jawa Junkpile Customs @theJawa.com
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2005, 09:33 AM »
You're right that the head isn't 100% accurate, but it is the best Hasbro has offerred to date.  and Rodger, you're alive! :-P -- I haven't heard from you in a while.

Offline tykrazen

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spitting llama!
    • View Profile
Jabba on the Dais!
« Reply #35 on: September 2, 2005, 10:29 AM »
I finally completed Jabba's Throne.  I started work on this over a year and a half ago after making my version of Jabba and finally got around to finishing it.  The throne was carved in wood to make a Mold Master.  Then I cast it using  hydrocal.  The ornaments are casts of the vintage playset version with jewelry clasps used to make the metal rings.  The leather is leather and the pillows were sculpted in Sculpey 3.

Eventually I plan on making the entire scene of Boushh's arrival, but since I have no display space, I'm only working on components for it at the moment.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Jabba on the Dais!
« Reply #36 on: September 2, 2005, 03:24 PM »
I really like it.  Jabba's color seems a little off, but the dais is superb.  It looks a little pinkish, but still that's excellent detail work beyond my skills.   :)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #37 on: September 2, 2005, 07:03 PM »
Very nice ty! I agree Jabba looks a bit off but the dias is excellent. I love the big missing chunks in on the front left corner.

What is that grate like material underneath? And where did you get it? I could use something like that.
"This is the way."

Offline no-wan

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 3, 2005, 06:48 PM »
Very Nice !!!  8)

Ya' Mitch I'd mist over it with some DarkGray and Black to take the edge off !!  ;)

Can't wait to see more !!!!  ;D

Offline no-wan

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 3, 2005, 07:00 PM »
Rodger, you're alive!

Yep !!  ;D

As the Dark Jawa I've been lurking in the shadows for awhile !!!  8)

It'll be sometime before I emerge from the obyss, but when I do I hope to in a "BIG" way !!!
   ;)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 4, 2005, 04:46 AM »

Anyone ever seen that ignorant video?  It's hilarious!!

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 4, 2005, 12:33 PM »
Hey, great job!

The "battle pack" head is not perfect, but it's better than ALL the other AOTC era Obi Wan heads, with the possible exception of Coruscant Chase (but that one has a dreaful body.)

I'd love to try this one if I could ever find the Pilot ROTS Obi Wan.
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline tykrazen

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spitting llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 6, 2005, 09:39 AM »
What is that grate like material underneath? And where did you get it? I could use something like that.

It's a sheet of plastic canvas available at any craft store such as Rag Shop or Michaels.

Offline tykrazen

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spitting llama!
    • View Profile
Re: tykrazen's customs
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2006, 12:04 PM »
Wow -- it's been a while since I updated here...

Alot of new items... I'll post a few pics here and go check my gallery at theJawa.com for more pics...

First up is my Endor display...

This was built to display my Vintage Ewok village and the modern bunker.  The structure is made from foamcore.  I photoshopped the background images using some Redwood pics from the Diorama/ Background thread here at JediDefender.  The ground was made using painted foam sheets.  I built a foundation for the bunker which includes some grill work and access hatches.  The small plants are all model railroad scenic supplies.

The two Endor trees not part of the Vintage set were repainted.  Eventually I plan to add a bridge between them for the Luke/Leia revelation scene.

Next up is the Darth Vader Jedi Starfighter...

A basic repaint of the ROTS Anakin Starfighter.  I masked off the grey parts -- repainted the rest with Black spraypaint.  After that dried, I dripped silver paint and then wiped it towards the rear of the ship to create the fligh damage.

The final complete project is my Rebellion Era Cargo Shuttle.

This was a Playmates Star Trek Shuttlecraft that I gutted.  The cockpit is made from a Vintage GI JOE Vamp chasis and the added winds are from a vintage X-wing fighter.  (I'm still waiting on X-wing cannons for the wings).  A droid socket was cut into the top and built up using styrene scraps.

Finally, here's a few teaser shots of my next big project... A WIP Clone Command Center.  I'm using the top of a Vintage GI JOE Terrodrome as the centerpiece of the project...

If you want to see more WIP pics of this you can either wait until I get the page coded or you can visit my threads at thejawa or FFurg  :).

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
Re: tykrazen's customs
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2006, 12:17 PM »
Wow! Good stuff there Tykrazen. Though I do wish you hadnt used terrordrome peices, I cant wait to see this finished. There are those of us that would sell a lung for a terror drome. ;D