Author Topic: tykrazen's customs 8/7 Thrawn, organa Solo, Luuke, Karrde  (Read 38898 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: tykrazen's customs
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2006, 12:25 PM »
What a nice update.  I always know you are actively making customs so it's good to see what you are working on.

The Endor set is nice, it really has a vintage feel to it, which is cool.  It might not look like a movie diorama but it has a great look to it.

The Vader ship is nice too - I might suggest making the astromech a darker color?

The cargo shuttle is just too cool!  How long is it?  Is there an area for cargo to go?  I really like this.

As for the terror dome, awesome!  I have a old one that is in hellish condition, I might copy your idea here.  Is there an easy way to get the top part off like you did?

Also, it looks like you're making a Sarlacc pit?

:)

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
    • Jedi Master Ben's Custom Galaxy
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2006, 10:16 PM »
Hi there  tykrazen,

WOW  :o :o :o!!! I really love the Dais!!! That just so cool. That's what Hasbro should have included with that Ultra Jabba a couple years ago. Nice work there. I really like the cracks in the stone, great detail work there. I also like the Endor forest sceene. I always wondered why Hasbro did not re-release the forest along with the bunker instead of that pile of logs that to this day I still do not know what it was for. The Vader fighter looks great for a repaint. Maybe this thing will show up in the TV show in 2007. As for the cargo shuttle, it was awesome when you sent pictures to me before, it still looks awesome today. I still have those guns you wanted waiting for you. PM if you still want them.

Again, nice work there.

Jedi_Master_Ben
"When I first started, I was just a learner. Now I Am The Master Sculptor!" - Jedi_Master_Ben

Offline tykrazen

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spitting llama!
    • View Profile
    • The Jawa Junkpile Customs @theJawa.com
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2006, 12:09 AM »
I was bit by the custom bug tonight.  No paint yet, but all the parts are together...

The WIP from left to right:

Lando Calrissian (Wayland Assault)
Talon Karrde (Wayland Assault)
Mara Jade (Wayland Assault)

Lando:

Head: Saga Lando Jabba's Palace
Torso: Saga Captain Antilles
Left Arm: Saga Cap Antilles Right Arm
Right Arm: Saga Cap Antilles Left Arm
Left Hand: Saga Cap Antilles
Right Hand: Saga2 Han Solo in Carbonite
Pelvis: Saga Captain Antilles
Legs: POTJ Bespin Capture Han Solo

Talon Karrde:
Head: GI JOE Spirit Iron Knife Comic 3 pack
Torso: SAGA2 Han Solo in Carbonite
Jacket: GI JOE Covergirl Comic 3 pack
Arms: GI JOE Covergirl Comic 3 pack
Legs: Saga 2 Han Solo in Carbonite

Mara Jade (inspired by Vynal Jawa at RS)
Head: GI JOE Covergirl comic 3 pack
Arms: Princess Leia (PLC Collection ANH)
Neck Post: Saga2 Boushh
Torso: Saga Padme Factory Chase
Skirt:  Saga Padme Factory Chase
Pelvis and Upper Legs: Saga2 Boushh
Knee Pads: GI JOE VvV Wave 7 Snake Eyes
Lower Legs: ROTS #33 Clone Commander
Feet: ROTS Obi Wan Red Leader

Offline tykrazen

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spitting llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2006, 10:11 PM »
I had my first experience with RIT dye tonight and I'm loving it!  The only downside is it seems to interact with the crazy glue I use.  Nothing a little paint can't touch up.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2006, 10:13 PM »
Nice combo of parts, I see a very nice Mara being made here!  Heck, all three look good, go Thrawn Novels!   ;)

Offline hyouriittai

• Youngling
  • Objection your honor! The pod race was pretty cool
    • View Profile
Oh man, that's fantastic. I knew that the Covergirl would work best for Mara, but I wanted a good-looking female face for my Jaina custom. That Mara is top notch, though!

I was also looking for some use for Covergirl's jacket and Iron Knife's head: my New Jedi Order Han came to mind for the jacket, but now that that's finished, I think your Talon Karrde recipe is a great fit.

Edit:

As for Mara's goggles, you should pick up an Elite Force Marine grenadier figure, because they come with these AWESOME removable goggles that I plan on using for my eventual Mara.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 10:20 PM by hyouriittai »
-Matthew H.

Offline tykrazen

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spitting llama!
    • View Profile
Thanks Chewie -- that's a great compliment given how amazing your parts choices are.  I don't know why the comic 3 pack with Covergirl made me think of Thrawn characters, but it has.   Besides the fact, they're due for renewed interest in the customizing community.

The fur lined coat seemed a natural for Karrde -- it always bugged me I didn't include it in my last version.  I suspect that there will be plenty of people improving on this Talon Karrde recipe as a way to use the jacket.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
That is a very good idea for Kardde.  Very good indeed.  I see lots of people wanting to make Mara from that head too!

Offline hyouriittai

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Ty, does it look like the Courtney Krieger hair is casted separate from the rest of the head?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 08:48 AM by hyouriittai »
-Matthew H.

Offline tykrazen

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spitting llama!
    • View Profile
I think so -- she was the only one I had (my Toys R Us hasn't gotten the comic pack set yet) so I wasn't going to experiement to find out for sure.  Keep your eyes open over at FFURG as Delaton is casting the head.

Offline hyouriittai

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Is Delaton the same as "Master_Gunnz" from Rebel Scum? I'm not familiar with the community yet. Master_Gunnz, who is also an avid GI Joe customizer, is casting some of the newer, nicer female heads, and apparently he said he will be casting their hair separate so you can 'mix and match.'

I though that this would be great, because I'd love to use this covergirl for Jaina Solo, but so many people have used it for Mara Jade it seems to have kind of a custom identity already. I was thinking of swapping hair sculpts from one of the Baronesses, incidentally, to give the covergirl more or less Jaina's haircut, but right now I think I may just trim/dremel the hair sculpt as it is. Now it's a matter of actually getting this junk in the mail -- it's been 9 days since I won one of these packs on Ebay!
-Matthew H.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
Im likin these so far. I really gotta get one of those Cover Girl heads. its perfect fpr Mara. Cnat wait to see these finished.

Offline tykrazen

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spitting llama!
    • View Profile
Is Delaton the same as "Master_Gunnz" from Rebel Scum?

No Delaton's been around for a while.  I think he primarily posts over the FFURG.  Very nice guy and his casts are really good quality.

Offline tykrazen

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spitting llama!
    • View Profile
Re: tykrazen's customs 4/17 Thrawnpalooza continues
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2006, 11:02 PM »
Talon Karrde is complete!

And with his number one...

Oh yeah, she's done too :)

I've even made a Noghri Commando

The head is from the Chap Mei Beast Warriors line (think He-Man rip off)
The body is a Saga Teemto
The robe is a repaired vintage Jawa Robe
Bandolier is from the Saga 2 Boushh
Knife is a GI Joe Accessory

Finally in the Thrawn Collection, my not yet finished, but getting there Death Squad Trooper.

Head is a BBI soldier
Arms are from Saga/OTC General Madine
Torso Saga Admiral Ozzel
Legs Saga/ OTC TIE Pilot
Skirt Saga2 Genereal Veers

And in a totally unrelated vein, here's my Super-articulated Mace Windu

Head & Hands: ROTS Mace
Torso and Amrm: ROTS Obi-Wan Pilot
Legs: Saga Jedi Council Screen Scene
Lightsaber: Saga Mace Arena Battle

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Re: tykrazen's customs 4/17 Thrawnpalooza continues
« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2006, 11:14 PM »
I knew that the Cover Girl Joe figure would be an excellent choice for a Mara custom and you proved it. The Talon Karrde looks very good as well! Good job matching up the skin tones.

I remember my dream now.