Author Topic: Clone 3-pk ...does it suffice?  (Read 85442 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Clone 3-pk ...does it suffice?
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2003, 04:26 PM »
First, hats off to CHEWIE for inviting me here.

Oh reeeeaaaally, Matt...???!!!  Maybe you should go check your Rebelscum PM's from around February 23rd, eh?!  You might discover you were invited here quite a while back...   ;)  Thought you were boycotting us or something!  Anyways, glad you've finally arrived, even if it took you almost 3 months to make it!  I'm sure you'll enjoy the place!  Very cozy, knowledgeable, and friendly 'round these parts.  Feel free to stop by the Newbies Forum and introduce yourself to the gang if you'd like...   8)

But thanks to Justin for finally taking care of what I was unable to do originally, by getting our favorite Prune Face fan over here!  As for the secret handshake, well you only get to know what that is when you achieve "Jedi Knight" status here!   :P  This whole "Matt" situation is starting to get a little out of control here though - this puts us at at least FOUR now!  Ugh!   :P

Now, on topic, I'm glad to see Hasbro had a change of mind and converted that third Clonetrooper to all white as well.  Much better variety for the Clone army as a whole.  We can always get that yellow (I think it was) Clonetrooper later on...  I'd love it if we could get some similar 3-packs of army builders for some of the other army builders out there, since the articulation is usually not up to the task of creating a lot of these cool and unique poses that these Clones are in...

- "The Original JD Matt"   8)

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2003, 03:51 PM »
I think it looks really cool, but I am still yearning for a well done Clone with the quality of sculpt and articulation given to the CT Stormtooper.   I want an amry of great Clones.  The preview version is decent, but not good enough for a picky Wookie like myself.

Shouldn't Hasbro have made one from the get-go?  Wouldn't they have sold like hot cakes?  Will we see an all-around awesome version before EPIII figures come out??

:P

i think the preview clone was great for what it was. a standard army builder, just as this new 3pack is, so details will lack.

but i am sure that at some point we will get a super articulated clonetrooper of plain white.

hasbro just wants to sell us the rejects and haphazardly produced items first, so they make a lot more money in the long run.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2003, 11:56 AM »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2003, 12:00 PM »
It looks like the Clone Commander that was shown at Hasbro's media event has flown the coop!  Perhaps we'll get a single carded version?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2003, 12:01 PM »
The only thing I can think is that these are only mock-ups and the Yellow guy is still coming...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2003, 12:04 PM »
That's what I thought when I saw the cardback that surfaced a couple of days ago.  I guess I'm still unsure if this is merely a sample, or an actual production item.  

I'd really like the Clone Commander.  I'm sure we'll get one at some point, but I was hoping this pack would include one.

Feedback

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2003, 03:34 PM »
I've read through all the posts here so if this was already answered then I missed it but does the trooper that is laying down have enough articulation to put him any other pose?

Not that I don't like the way he is, I was just wondering...
Beth

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2003, 08:51 PM »
I've read through all the posts here so if this was already answered then I missed it but does the trooper that is laying down have enough articulation to put him any other pose?

That's what we're all still wondering Beth, so you're not alone...  I don't think anyone who's anyone has actually opened up any of these early samples to find out yet, and there's been no word - official or not - that discusses the articulation whatsoever yet.  Actually, that's not entirely true - Jeremy over at Rebelscum mentioned this three days ago:

I have been told that they are VERY poseable. I'll have my hands on the very set pictured on RS in less than 12 hours, so I'll let you know then.

So hopefully Jeremy's got a correct scoop here, 'cause that would indeed by some great news!  As would this, from Nick over at TheJawa.com:

According to Hasbro, there will be multiple versions of the Clone Trooper Army 3-Pack! How many is unclear at this time, but keep checking back. The yellow trimmed Clone Commander is indeed on the way.

Whether the articulation or varying colors are there or not, I dig this set.  And if these "extras" prove true, that'll just be an added bonus.  Here's a glance at the three new army builder 3-packs:

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2003, 12:49 AM »
aw sweet the clone trooper 3 pak! man that is cool. and I also have been wonderin ghow much articulation the figures would have. From my guess the kneeling and lying trooper are kinds stuck in their poses, though it's okay with me since it's 3 diff poses! But it would be cooler if they had some articulation!  :)
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2003, 09:04 AM »
Mark at RS says that Hasbro may actually be releasing up to five different versions with a white, yellow, red, blue and green version.  That is indeed good news

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2003, 12:26 PM »
Did he cite a source?  The one at the Jawa said "according to Hasbro".

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2003, 12:28 PM »
May 20, 2003
Send In The Clone Colors
Mark: We received confirmation that Hasbro will be releasing multiple versions of the Clone Wars: Clone Trooper Army set. While no additional information was shared, the sets will most likely consist of figures in the various Clone Trooper colors; yellow, red, blue, and/or green! Be sure to watch the Hasbro site for official details soon.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2003, 01:25 PM »
Hasbro may actually be releasing up to five different versions with a white, yellow, red, blue and green version.

Skittles!  Taste the rainbow...   8)

If this proves true, I guess that's pretty cool.  Almost seems like overload a little, especially when some of these colored Clones weren't exactly the grunt guys doing all the shooting in the actual battle(s).  But oh well.  Fine by me!  The more the merrier...

And if Hasbro is indeed giving such incredibly diversified treatment to the Clonetrooper army here, that should hopefully be a positive sign that we can expect bigger and better things for the rest of our "armies" as well...  Hopefully...

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2003, 01:33 PM »
Rather than release a separate 3 pack of each of the 5 colors, maybe they should release a 3 pack that consists of 1-green, 1-blue and 1-red or something to that effect.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2003, 02:14 PM »
Hasbro may actually be releasing up to five different versions with a white, yellow, red, blue and green version.

Skittles!  Taste the rainbow...   8)

If this proves true, I guess that's pretty cool.  Almost seems like overload a little, especially when some of these colored Clones weren't exactly the grunt guys doing all the shooting in the actual battle(s).  But oh well.  Fine by me!  The more the merrier...

And if Hasbro is indeed giving such incredibly diversified treatment to the Clonetrooper army here, that should hopefully be a positive sign that we can expect bigger and better things for the rest of our "armies" as well...  Hopefully...

I don't know why, but that statement from Rebelscum sounds more like speculation than confirmation from a source.

Feedback