Author Topic: Clone 3-pk ...does it suffice?  (Read 85464 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Clone 3-pk ...does it suffice?
« Reply #15 on: May 7, 2003, 02:24 AM »
This does seem like a great forum, not too big, not too small, and everyone seems really cool.  My first name by the way is "Justin", you can call me that or by my screen name "CHEWIE"...

Alas, Justin it is!  Don't think I've ever heard that before.  Nice to finally have a name to go with the name...   :P  Thanks for the compliments on JD as well Justin.  We like to think it's a cool place we've set up here, but it's really our members that make it cool, so for that, thank you all for hanging out here at JD!   8)

Now back to the topic at hand - the Clone 3-packs...  Anyone care to speculate on whether the next 3-pack with the SBD, red Battle Droid, and the Destroyer Droid will just contain exact rehashes of the previous Saga carded versions, or do you think they'll be a little different?  I'm curious to see if Hasbro cuts some articulation out of the picture on these guys, 'cause 3 army builder figures for only $10 is one heck of a pretty good bargain - at 33% off what they would otherwise cost if sold separately!

Offline Darth Homer

• Youngling
  • "I'll mace you good!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 7, 2003, 01:18 PM »
1st, Thanks to Chewie for inviting me.  I feel so loved...

2nd, These 3-pks better not s#ck!  I'm really excited for them and I was checking out the pics of the clone set.  The standing one seems to have knee articulation so I'm hoping all of them do.  They would have to have som major neck movement though for the lying down clone to get in the position he is in and look up to fire...

The other sets don't intrigue me as much.  I'm glad for the new jedi sets but I think head swapping will be a must and they don't seem to have a ton of articulation either.  I'm not immpressed with the droid set.  All I want are some red bd's.  There are plenty of the SBD and DD so unless they upgrade these, I won't be making a new army.  I still stand by my idea of a battle droid 10 pk...

2 white bd
2 red bd
2 security droid
1 pilot droid
1 commander
1 DD
1 SBD

That seems like a good ratio
"I wish God was alive to see this" - Homer

"Oh Jar Jar, everyone hates you but me." - Comic Book Guy

Got a question, got a trade to make, looking for a particular figure, want to set up a MOH Spearhead or RTCW game.  Drop me an email...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 7, 2003, 01:28 PM »
I like that idea too.  A 10 pack.  Wow!  Probably cost about $150 Cdn :-[

I'll buy up the three packs as well.  I just hope they are done with sensible colors for the troopers.  I still maintain Hasbro screwed up.  The preview trooper should have been red and the regular release should have been all white.  Officer as a preview, grunt as a reg.  As it is, distribution up here was so poor (and the preview figs ran in at around $14 a piece after taxes!) that I have more officers than not.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #18 on: May 7, 2003, 01:38 PM »
Sounds like the builder sets will run $10 per pack of 3...

Wave 1 Case is

2x Clone Troopers
2x Destroyers
2x Battle Droids

Wave 2 Case

2x Clone Troopers
2x Destroyers
1x Jedi
1x Battle Droids

I ordered a case of Wave 2 from somewhere :-X

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #19 on: May 7, 2003, 01:46 PM »
I don't get why the Battle Droids and Destroyers are listed separately in those case breakdowns Scott.  Besides the Clones and Jedi, the other 3-pack was supposed to have one each of the SBD, BD, and DD.  Why are they separated out now, and where'd the SBD go?

Any ideas...?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #20 on: May 7, 2003, 01:48 PM »
The Destroyers are the ones with the Launcher, the Battle Droid is as you say, DD, BD and SBD

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #21 on: May 7, 2003, 01:51 PM »
OK, cool.  I was wondering if that might be the case, but for some reason I was thinking that Destroyer set might fall into the Deluxe line.  Brainfart.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 7, 2003, 01:58 PM »
Sounds like the builder sets will run $10 per pack of 3...

Wave 1 Case is

2x Clone Troopers
2x Destroyers
2x Battle Droids

Wave 2 Case

2x Clone Troopers
2x Destroyers
1x Jedi
1x Battle Droids

I ordered a case of Wave 2 from somewhere :-X

Thanks for the hint.  

I only ordered the wave 2 case.  To make up for it, I ordered teh Saga Scene pack and set of unleashed openers.   ;D
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #23 on: May 7, 2003, 02:04 PM »
Me too  :-X

Offline Darth Homer

• Youngling
  • "I'll mace you good!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 8, 2003, 12:19 AM »
Too many destoryer droids.  There weren't many in the movie.  I wish they would just release a new one that would roll up into a ball.  Then I would buy a builder set...
"I wish God was alive to see this" - Homer

"Oh Jar Jar, everyone hates you but me." - Comic Book Guy

Got a question, got a trade to make, looking for a particular figure, want to set up a MOH Spearhead or RTCW game.  Drop me an email...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2003, 02:42 AM »
A Battle Droid 10-pk would be pretty sweet...

...they could possibly do that at retail for about $30.00.  I think they would sell, especially if they did an EPI beige set as well as an EPII red set.  Good idea there Darth Homer.

As for the Destroyers, they really didn't have too much of a role in EPII, but what the heck, I guess I could use some more as well as a few more Super Droids.  But it's the regular, sissy Battle Droids that I really want more of.

:P

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2003, 12:40 AM »
Ya know, I wouldn't mind another removable helmet Clone in a generic stance.  I think the deluxe one is ok, I just don't like his pose.

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2003, 07:08 AM »
That's mainly because of the speeder bike that he rides on... ;D

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2003, 07:52 AM »
First, hats off to CHEWIE for inviting me here.  What's the secret handshake?   :-X

When the picture of this 3 pack first debuted, the fully standing clone was yellow.  I didn't mind having a yellow clone in this 3 pack because the yellow stripe is easily painted over with a white coat or two.  But I didn't think that was the best pose for a commander, I preferred looking through binoculars to firing a rifle, for the commander anyhow.

But now I see that the standing clone is white!  Less customizing to do now, and I think it makes for a better "troop builder" 3 pack since now you can buy 10 of these things and not have a 2:1 ratio of grunts:commander.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2003, 07:53 AM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2003, 12:56 PM »
Great to see you here Dressel!  I think you'll like this forum a lot! ;)

Yep, now that it looks like they have changed the pack to all white, I think I will be getting a few more.  Won't the wife be happy!! ;D