Author Topic: Clone 3-pk ...does it suffice?  (Read 85461 times)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Clone 3-pk ...does it suffice?
« Reply #135 on: August 18, 2003, 07:15 AM »
Try turning the left wrist of that Clone with the binoculars again DUSTRHO, it is articulated, and is great when you remove the binoculars, because he can hold his rifle with both hands.

His wrist is articulated???  I never would have known.  I actually thought I had tried moving it around, but maybe I wasn't trying hard enough.  I'll have to try again when I get home from work tonight.  Thanks for the tip Chewie!
dustrho

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 21, 2003, 10:47 AM »
For some reason I don't mind the non-articulation with these sets.  Maybe it's because they are cheap :)  
Plus, we are supposed to get the super - articulated version of the clonetrooper later on.  I'd assume Hasbro would be wise enough to eventually add the different colors to that figure eventually like Hoth Han blue & brown, Imperial Officer hair color etc.  If you truly want a nice figure.  Or there answer maybe the value packs.  

I can see why some would not like the non-articuation static pose.  I was not keen on it at all in the beginning But the aim for the 3 packs were dioramas.  It has turned out to be a good idea I think.  

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 21, 2003, 04:41 PM »
Try turning the left wrist of that Clone with the binoculars again DUSTRHO, it is articulated, and is great when you remove the binoculars, because he can hold his rifle with both hands.

His wrist is articulated???  I never would have known.  I actually thought I had tried moving it around, but maybe I wasn't trying hard enough.  I'll have to try again when I get home from work tonight.  Thanks for the tip Chewie!

I've found that all of the Clone Troopers in the 3-Packs have articulated wrists.  And it's almost always in the hand holding the weapon.  Haven't seen the binocular version yet, though.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 24, 2003, 08:31 PM »
God I love these Clone 3-pks (and the Jedi one too), and the Droid pk isn't half bad either, if only that darn Red Battle Droid could stand!

Too bad they even made that Droid Launcher, it would have been so much nicer if we had more Clone pks instead. :'(

:P

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 29, 2003, 10:31 AM »
WOOHOO!  Scored the Green set yesterday.  And boy, I think this lineup is better than the origianl one.  The prone Clone Trooper really brings the sets down, whereas the standing Clone with binoculars is pretty cool.  ESPECIALLY with 3 points of articulation in his left arm.  He can be posed with the binoculars, or with both hands on his blaster.  COOL!

Feedback

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #140 on: August 29, 2003, 08:57 PM »
I love these Clone Trooper 3-packs!  I still haven't found the blue version yet though, but I'm keeping my head up on finding this one.
dustrho

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 30, 2003, 07:44 PM »
Yep, I agree that the green pack is very nice, that Clone with the binoculars is a great addition and adds cool variety to the line.  

I do have the blue Clone now too, and it really looks awesome with all of these set up in my Geonosis battle diorama.  Now I can only wait for the yellow Clone pack to start showing up.

So who all has found the Jedi pk?  I've only seen it once, and grabbed it from TRU.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #142 on: August 30, 2003, 11:39 PM »
So who all has found the Jedi pk?  I've only seen it once, and grabbed it from TRU.

My wife, Carrie (aka carebear), bought me one of those recently, but the TRU only had one on their pegs.  So, it's still on its card, but once I find (or SHE fines) another one of these I'll be definitely opening one of them up.  They look great!
dustrho

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 31, 2003, 01:16 AM »

Haven't found it, but I traded for it.  Pretty cool set, IMO.

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 31, 2003, 01:06 PM »
Yep, I really like the human probably the most, and then the blue Twi'lek.  The Rodian is alright, but I think a different alien might have been a little cooler.

Still, this is a very fun set, and I would definitely like to pick up a second set to customize a little bit.

Back on to the Clones though; which is everyone's favorite Clone pose?  I prefer the one that is standing with both hands on the rifle (almost in an extended stance position), and then I like the one with the binoculars second, especially after taking the binoculars out of his hand.  The kneeling Clone isn't bad either, but I really don't like the one that is lying down too much.

If memory serves me right, isn't there another version coming out too in a slightly different stance?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 31, 2003, 01:44 PM »
The Jedi:  Same thoughts.  The Rodian is definitely my least favorite, as he's the least posable.

I definitely prefer the Green Clone Trooper 3-pack.  Especially with the Clone Trooper with binoculars.  That one is a big improvement over the prone Clone Trooper.

My favorites are the standing Clone Trooper, and the one with the binoculars.  The kneeling Clone Trooper isn't very versatile, and the prone one is only good for sniping, or as a battlefield casualty.

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 1, 2003, 12:35 PM »
My thoughts exactly Nicklab.  So how many of these does everyone have so far?

For me, here's the breakdown:

All White Pks - 5
Green Pks - 1
Blue Pks - 1

My army is starting to grow, but I definitely want to get some more of them.

On a customizing note, has anyone considered popping one of these suckers at the waist and switching the torsos on them?  For example, imagine how cool it would look by having the upper body of the kneeling Clone on the legs of the Clone that is in an extended stance?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 1, 2003, 11:48 PM »
SWEEEEET!!!

I tried the torso switch today, and it turned out excellent!!

All you customizers out there, definitely try this!!

Also, I think once I get another GREEN CLONE, I am going to try the switch there too, so I can have him in a standing position instead.

If anyone isn't sure how to do this, here's this Wookie's simple recipe:

- boil some water
- toss a Clone in
- let him get soft and mushy
- take him out with a pair of tongs
- using gloves or something to shield your skin, pull his chest off from his stomach region
- do this again with a different Clone
- trim the peg down a little bit from the lower stomach area
- put a new chest/upper torso region onto the lower extremeties

Bang!  You have a couple more Clone variants! :D

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #148 on: September 2, 2003, 07:49 PM »
Awesome suggestion there Chewie!  I've never done any customizing before, but this would be a good start.
dustrho

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 3, 2003, 12:59 AM »
Thanks Dustrho!  It really works out well.  I can't wait to get some more of these bad boys to do a little more customizing...

Anyone else try this yet?