Author Topic: Clone 3-pk ...does it suffice?  (Read 85462 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Clone 3-pk ...does it suffice?
« Reply #165 on: December 3, 2003, 02:39 AM »
Chewie, I have noticed a lot of Separatist Droid Army 3-packs surfacing by me, but I haven't seen a single Clone Trooper 3-pack since they first came out.

Hmmm... it would make a lot of sense if they would release more Clone pks (especially the all white ones), and a few more Jedi Army 3-pks would be nice to see once in a while!

:P

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 9, 2003, 01:00 PM »
I just picked up a yellow clonie 3 pack. The box was all damaged to heck.

It was worth the purchase. Now if I could get my greedy little paws on a drop ship.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 10, 2003, 11:15 PM »
Yeah, I can't pass these up; just about anytime I see a set of them I nab 'em.  They are just too cool.  Especially if you can find them at Target for $9.99.  TRU is ok too at $10.99, but KB is pretty high at $14.99, but I did get a green pack there because it's the only place I have seen one at.

Overall I still think these are cool, and blend in well with the new SUPER-CLONE.  I do think I need to do a little customizing on their helmets though, to add the blue-gray detail on them on the back-side of the helmets.  That shouldn't be too difficult, just a little time consuming that's all.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 11, 2003, 01:10 PM »
I wish I could find a green clonie 3 pack. I have clones of every color but green.

I would be very happy if some certain stores would...hmmm...not have pegwarmers that are 5 years old?! They have Bruce Lee and The Tick dolls there for longer than I knew this particular store existed.

:(

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 11, 2003, 02:55 PM »
For those of you that have the new super poseable Clone Trooper fig, does it blend well with the existing versions of Clone Trooper figs (i.e. 3-pack CT's, value pack/Saga CT's, etc.)?  Are they the same height, same proportion, etc.?    
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 11, 2003, 09:55 PM »
Never mind...I answered my own question (since I got a hold of two SA Clone Troopers today).  :)  I still like the 3-pack CT's a lot though.  
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 12, 2003, 11:43 PM »
Glad to see that you found the new Clones FORCE GUY.  Aren't they awesome?

I still like the 3-pks too, but must admit that I like the new Clone the most.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 16, 2004, 12:15 AM »
Anyone know if these are still shipping?  I assume that if they are, they probably won't be showing up at Target considering they clearanced all of their CW 3-pks out for $2.48 (found a Droid Army for that price ;)).  

Since the Seperatist Spider Droid is still new to the CW packaging, one would think they would still have more coming out.  Anyone know?  I'd really like to find another green pack...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 16, 2004, 05:04 PM »
Hey are these still shipping?  My TRU had some of these the other day (white) and they rung up at $7.95.  Not too bad!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 14, 2004, 02:42 PM »
Seeing that the animated figures will see one last hurrah, what would everyone's opinion be on them re-releasing the Clone 3-pks as well?  Maybe instead of having that lying down Clone having a SA one packed in instead?  And all white versions too.  They could just be TRU exclusives or something.  I'd be happy to shell out money for more of them...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #175 on: September 14, 2004, 07:41 PM »
3-pack of just the SA would be preferable at this point considering its scarcity. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 20, 2004, 03:26 PM »
I totally agree that a 3-pk of all SA clones would be great.  I just don't think they'd want to have a 3-pk of perhaps the ultimate army-building figure retail for just $10.00 or so.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #177 on: September 20, 2004, 04:16 PM »
I don't see why not...  Costs are over for that figure beyond reproducing it, which is minimal, so it'd actually be in their better interest to satiate demand unless you mean they'd be better off selling it for $4.99 a piece and make $15 as opposed to $10 for 3?

I think the thing is though, they'd sell MORE of the $10 than they could of the $15 / 3 individual figures...  The single pack would take up less space, wouldn't interfere with case ratios, etc., and the figures would still be generating more profit than ever really.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 21, 2004, 11:39 PM »
Hasbro's too stupid to ever re-release the SA Clone, so we should just stop hoping for any more of them.   ::)

But yeah, I'd buy a bunch more of them, in 3-packs or individually!  Though the cheaper 3-packs would be preferred of course, though much more doubtful than a potential individual release.

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #179 on: October 1, 2004, 01:35 AM »
Call me crazy, but just imagine an ANIMATED  clone 3-pack!

Yeah, that would just about rock.  Too bad no one at Hasbro has even thought about this one.

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)