Author Topic: 2006 DVD Releases Thread  (Read 87367 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: 2006 DVD Releases Thread
« Reply #450 on: June 30, 2006, 01:30 AM »
My username hasn't been "Cinemaddiction" for a few months now. But, if it makes it look like you know what you're talking about me easier to identify, I can always change it back.

Do what?

What a goofy thing to say.

Your screenname has been "Cinemaddiction" for months now.  Meaning everyone  has been seeing your posts as "Cinemaddiction" posts, up until you changed it just now, "coincidentally" after I gave you some grief about it. 

----

EDIT:

You know what, you're right. 

I think I'm confusing the "Cory H." at JediDefender with the "Cinemaddiction" at DVDTalk.  You'll understand--and I should understand, too--given our myriad of different screennames over the years.

Plus, I've had a couple of drinks, and I'm also waiting for this sleeping pill to kick in.  Which means, at the moment, I'm getting quite an awkward tingly feeling all over my body.  So, pay me no mind.  I'll wake up in the morning and not remember any of this.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 01:36 AM by Matthew »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Stim

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: June 30, 2006, 01:33 AM »

My username hasn't been "Cinemaddiction" since the first week of January 2006. But, if it makes it look like you know what you're talking about me easier to identify, I can always change it back.

EDIT: Had to make an edit because I forgot to put a space between the strike code and the word "me". End of discussion.

Yowza.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 01:34 AM by Stim »

Offline Cory Chaos

• Jedi Initiate
  • Musically Inclined
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: June 30, 2006, 01:40 AM »
Yep, it's that bad.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 30, 2006, 01:44 AM »
What? Why argue over something that I made blatantly obvious? It's pointless. As far as this "editing" bull**** defense that has been used WAY too many times; can I not edit a message to get across what I mean to say, without making myself look like a jackass, lowering my debating standards?

If it's a crime, then I'm guilty. My god. I edit messages. Find it hard to believe that anyone even saw, much less remember, what I typed in the ONE MINUTE SPAN in which I posted, edited, then reposted.

But then again, what do I know.

Who's arguing over it?  You just have a little bit of a history of spouting off loudly, then editing down your comments later on.

So, I was wondering if he was saying 'wow' to something more than what I was reading.

What's the big f'n' deal?   ???

Offline Cory Chaos

• Jedi Initiate
  • Musically Inclined
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 30, 2006, 01:49 AM »
Alls I ever said is that over the 3 or 4 years I've been posting here, my editing of posts has been everyone else's "Cory's hand in the cookie jar" defense. I did it because I'm trying not to make such a big deal over something so trivial and assinine, even though it usually ends up like this. I've served as the butt of many a joke, and while I'll never know why, much like I'll never be fully understood, I cling onto this fleeting hope that we'll all just grow up and discuss things normally.

It's a DVD discussion thread, not much of one, but a discussion thread nonetheless.

Not a literary critique.

Have fun with it.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 01:52 AM by Cory H. »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 30, 2006, 01:52 AM »
Well alls I did was post what Amazon said, then after some discussion with a co-worker, I posted the site that he sent me to, both of which were different from what you'd said - so I wanted to see if anyone in the group had anything else to add.

Sheesh. 

Offline Stim

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 30, 2006, 10:17 AM »

It's a DVD discussion thread, not much of one, but a discussion thread nonetheless.

So why do you keep "ending the discussion?"

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #457 on: June 30, 2006, 10:27 AM »
Because he's an *******.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #458 on: June 30, 2006, 10:35 AM »
I've served as the butt of many a joke, and while I'll never know why, much like I'll never be fully understood, I cling onto this fleeting hope that we'll all just grow up and discuss things normally.

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 30, 2006, 10:47 AM »
[If it's a crime, then I'm guilty. My god. I edit messages. Find it hard to believe that anyone even saw, much less remember, what I typed in the ONE MINUTE SPAN in which I posted, edited, then reposted.

See, I heard that it was more like an eight minute span that you were editing.  I have the screencaps to prove it if you want.

End of discussion.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: July 2, 2006, 10:39 PM »
Lois and Clark Seasons 1 & 2. Season 3 was sold out. :(

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 2, 2006, 10:44 PM »
Looks like Target has all the seasons of Seinfeld on sale for 19.99 this week - a very good chance to buy them if you've been thinking about it but haven't yet.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 2, 2006, 10:49 PM »
How many seasons of Seinfeld were there?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 2, 2006, 11:02 PM »
9 seasons.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #464 on: July 2, 2006, 11:11 PM »
But only six are on DVD--and the first two seasons are in one set.