Author Topic: 2006 DVD Releases Thread  (Read 87311 times)

Offline Cory Chaos

• Jedi Initiate
  • Musically Inclined
    • View Profile
Re: 2006 DVD Releases Thread
« Reply #510 on: September 5, 2006, 07:13 PM »
I dig 1 through 3. Once a horror franchise that originated on Earth makes it's way to space, it's ******' curtains, man. i.e. Leprechaun, Jason X, Hellraiser.

Anywho, picked up that Ace Ventura set today. Seems as if a lot of people balked at it due to the omission of the dolphin training sequence where Ace toys around with a Russian accent, claiming they'll just watch their VHS copies. So, yeah. Piss and moan about not having a WS transfer of AV for 5 years, finally get it with 5.1 DD no less, then decide to watch it on VHS because it has that 15 second clip that obviously makes the movie. People's reasoning is flawed as all hell, if you ask me.

Also nabbed Robin Hood-Men In Tights, along with the 2 disc Gojira/Godzilla. The Japanese version is finally available on DVD, and it's an HD master from the original Toho print. Found Dr. Giggles for $3 today, along with the big Creative Designs Blade Runner set for $15, but with the Star Wars re-releases next week, guess those last two will be going bye bye pretty soon.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: September 5, 2006, 09:13 PM »
I'm with you Cory, the Hellraiser series died after #3.  I wish someone would revive it with a real movie - the last 3 or 4 have been a joke.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: September 5, 2006, 10:03 PM »
I picked up the Ace Ventura set and the second season of Lost today.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: September 5, 2006, 10:15 PM »
Wal-Mart had a great deal on the "Ultimate Editions" of the three Rambo movies - $5.83CDN each.  At that price, it'll be even more of a pleasure to watch Rambo kick some butt again.  ;)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: September 11, 2006, 01:22 PM »
Haven't been buying a lot of movies lately (although I did pick up Gojira last week for $10), but there are quite a few TV sets that I have picked up recently or will be buying in the coming weeks.  Last week was Lost season 2, this week is The Office (I plan on getting that exclusive set from Best Buy where you get both seasons and a bunch of Dunder Miflin office supplies for $43) and next week is My Name is Earl.

I have no idea when I'm going to watch everything, but at least I'll have them.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: September 11, 2006, 03:52 PM »
It seems like we've ended up buying more TV sets lately than movies as well.  I'm planning on picking up The Office - Season 2 tomorrow as well, and picked up Simpsons Season 8 a couple weeks back when it was released.  Part of me would like to pick up the OT DVDs tomorrow as well, but those are going to have to wait or just forgotten about altogether.  Money is tight, and the wife isn't keen on buying "movies we already have". :)

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: September 12, 2006, 05:42 PM »
Okay, so I just bought the SW DVD's from Best Buy with the Collectible Box...

It cost $59.99 for this one.

I have bootlegs of the theatrical laser discs.  I have bootlegs of the SE laser discs.  I have the 2004 DVD box set.

Someone please give me some reasons as to why I should keep these?  Because where I'm sitting it seems like a waste of $64.00

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: September 12, 2006, 08:23 PM »
You just paid $64 for a neat box.

;)

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: September 12, 2006, 09:12 PM »
That's what I'm thinking too.

I do like the idea that I could ditch all my bootlegs though...

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: September 12, 2006, 09:18 PM »
Don't feel bad Rob, I got the tin too. $64. US = $71.74 CDN... WTF! I paid $90.09 CDN or $80.38 US for mine at Best Buy!  >:(

Offline Cory Chaos

• Jedi Initiate
  • Musically Inclined
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: September 13, 2006, 12:39 PM »
The movies are $15 individually at CC, and they have LE lithographs. I'm not able to afford them right now. Best Buy is getting $20 for a tin, just because they know they can.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: September 13, 2006, 02:13 PM »
The tin doesn't even fit in my shelf.  I'm thinking about swapping it for the individual sets at $14.99 each and getting the $16 back.

Offline Stim

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: September 13, 2006, 04:36 PM »
Rebelscum DVD rumor:

Target Star Wars Boxed Set Coming Next Week?

We've gotten words from our spies of a new item coming from Target later this month. Collecting the newly-released DVDs into a single set, this is said to be for sale at $32.99 regularly priced at $39.99. Look for a scan of the ad soon, but chalk this up as a rumor for now.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: September 13, 2006, 06:40 PM »
Well that would certainly solve my problem.

Offline Cory Chaos

• Jedi Initiate
  • Musically Inclined
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: September 13, 2006, 11:27 PM »
Rebelscum DVD rumor:

Target Star Wars Boxed Set Coming Next Week?

We've gotten words from our spies of a new item coming from Target later this month. Collecting the newly-released DVDs into a single set, this is said to be for sale at $32.99 regularly priced at $39.99. Look for a scan of the ad soon, but chalk this up as a rumor for now.

That just seems WAAAAAAAAY too cheap, not to mention the inconsistant street date. That said, I just got $40 in RZ coupons for buying my HDTV, so I guess I may get that tin afterall.