Author Topic: iPod-racing  (Read 84938 times)

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
Re: iPod-racing
« Reply #255 on: June 12, 2008, 12:48 PM »
After debating between the 80g Classic and the 8g Nano I decided on the Nano.  When I went to Target today to get it, the 80g came with a $25 iTunes card -- so I decided for essentially $25.00 more, I would go ahead and get him the Classic, which is what I suspect he really wanted all along. 
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #256 on: June 12, 2008, 03:40 PM »
PURCHASE A ZUNE!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 26, 2008, 04:48 PM »
Well, after about 2 and 1/4 years of reliable service, my Nano appears to be about to bite the dust. I've been having battery issues for a while, but now it's getting to where I lose 25% of my battery power after about 10-15 minutes of listening to music. Not cool, especially since my iPod is a necessity walking around campus. I'll probably pick up one of the new Nanos, unless someone can persuade me into buying one of the 80GB+ models (considering I only put music and pics on my iPod and my 4GB nano is only over half full).
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 13, 2008, 04:24 PM »
i got one of the new ipod nano's recently and now my old nano isn't recognized by itunes.  in the past i have been able to use multiple ipods... what is different now and what do i need to do to fix it?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #259 on: December 13, 2008, 04:39 PM »
Check your preferences when it comes to iPods John.  I'm not 100% sure where it is, but there is a selection for iTunes to only connect to a specific iPod.

I'll play around with iTunes and see if I can get a more specific answer for you.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 13, 2008, 07:13 PM »
thanks for the quick reply.  the ole' reset-a-roonie did the trick. 

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 26, 2008, 01:21 PM »
I finally got an iPod after all these years (8GB touch) and I have a question about transferring my music that's on my PC.  Do I have to sit and baby this thing with each album or can you set it just to download your entire library?  Also - does everything  have to be done from the iTunes site - transferring/purchases, etc..?....and what's the best FM modulator thingamagigy to get for your vehicle? 

Not looking forward to dropping this puppy.   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 26, 2008, 01:58 PM »
I finally got an iPod after all these years (8GB touch) and I have a question about transferring my music that's on my PC.  Do I have to sit and baby this thing with each album or can you set it just to download your entire library?  Also - does everything  have to be done from the iTunes site - transferring/purchases, etc..?....and what's the best FM modulator thingamagigy to get for your vehicle? 

Not looking forward to dropping this puppy.   :-\

Mikey -

You will load ITunes onto your computer. Then any MP3's you have on your computer the system will/should auto pick up. When you are ready to start copying CD you put each one in your disk drive and iTunes will find the CD. You can either download all the music from the CD or specific songs. Depending on speed of your computer the down load time varries. Depending on how much you are downloading off each disk you can walk away while it is downloading.

When you are done downloading all your music highlight all your music and right click. Scroll down to the section that says "Find Album artwork" and click that. Once that is all done you can sync it to your iPod. First sync will take the longest so once you start have something else to do as this WILL take awhile.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 26, 2008, 02:27 PM »
I already have iTunes on my PC - so I have to use that program for everything then?  Also, are you saying that I need to re-rip all of my CDs over again through iTunes? 
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 26, 2008, 03:30 PM »
If you already have your CD's through Itunes for an older ipod, then all you have to do is update your device history and then sync it all onto the new ipod.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 28, 2008, 12:47 AM »
Never owned an iPod and this thing came with pretty much no instructions.  It has a padlock on the display and only shows the usb cable connecting to iTunes on the screen before it shuts off after a few seconds so I can't even access any features of the device.  Lame.  Can't even figure out how to mass transport my music files to iTunes either.  I'm usually on the uppity-up on tech stuff, but I'm baffled on this one.  Meh....Will probably just return the POS.   >:(

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 28, 2008, 03:21 AM »
Ok so I'm assuming you already have a folder/program full of music files that you've already put on your PC. What you should be able to do is open up iTunes, click File, then click "Add Folder to Library" and you should be able to select said folder full of music and add it to iTunes. If that doesn't work try "Add File to Library" where you can select individual files and add them (or highlight and add multiple files). Try that, hopefully it gets your music onto iTunes.

As for the padlock on the screen, it sounds like your iPod is locked. There should be a switch somewhere on the device to unlock it (I'm unfamiliar with the Touches so if it's like any other iPod check for a red/orange mark next to a switch and slide it to where the red/orange isn't showing). Again, try that and report back to see if that solves the problem.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 29, 2008, 03:19 PM »
Looks like I had iTunes v4 so I had to update to v8 which only took 6 hours over my dial up connection.  It then allowed me to unlock my iPod and sync it.  Now I'm updating to another version of the iTouch software so it'll be a few more hours here.  Never really needed high speed internet at home, but it looks like it may be time to upgrade.   :-\

**K - I was able to mass transfer my entire library over to iTunes and it's converting them all right now, but what's up with some of the album artwork?  Nothing for Aerosmith (greatest hits) Blue Oyster Cult (On Flame w Rock n Roll) and quite a few of my singles so far.  Is there a way to import album artwork from another source?  Obviously this seems important to me as you identify albums by picture with the itouch...I didn't have this problem with several of the other music players that came preloaded with my PC.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 05:41 PM by iFett »

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 30, 2008, 01:16 PM »
Do yourself a favor and return the iPod like you said you would two days ago.  You're too stupid and bitchy to own one.
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 30, 2008, 01:31 PM »
Do yourself a favor and return the iPod like you said you would two days ago.  You're too stupid and bitchy to own one.

Behavior like this makes me think twice about this site nowadays.  Totally uncalled for and I'm not reducing myself to third grade level retaliations like I had to do several months back.

PM me Deanpaul if you want to take this personal - for whatever reason.   :-*