Author Topic: iPod-racing  (Read 84940 times)

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
Re: iPod-racing
« Reply #270 on: December 30, 2008, 01:49 PM »
Just sayin'.  All I hear is bitching about one of the simplest music players on the planet.  All your problems with the iPod are because it didn't come with much instruction.  Which you seem to have not bothered reading.  Little details such as minimum system requirements.  But no, it's the iPod's fault.  It's a POS as you say.  Sure.  But you're running an out of date, four year old version of iTunes and wondering why it takes hours to install a major software update over dial up.

Take the iPod back and continue to live in 2004.  You'll be much happier.
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 30, 2008, 03:31 PM »
Just sayin'.  All I hear is bitching about one of the simplest music players on the planet.  All your problems with the iPod are because it didn't come with much instruction.  Which you seem to have not bothered reading.  Little details such as minimum system requirements.  But no, it's the iPod's fault.  It's a POS as you say.  Sure.  But you're running an out of date, four year old version of iTunes and wondering why it takes hours to install a major software update over dial up.

Instead why not go to Apple.com and you can pull up a manual for your I-Touch. Once you pull it up save it to your computer as it is in a .pdf format and it will give you all the answers you need, and if not bookmark support as you can ask them questions and they will e-mail answers to you.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 30, 2008, 04:17 PM »

Thank you for the civilized response Deanpaul.

Instead why not go to Apple.com

Thanks Ryan.  Apparently I misplaced the tiny instruction booklet.

Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #273 on: December 30, 2008, 04:54 PM »
If you're still having problems getting album artwork, one way to do it would be to find the album on Amazon, copy the picture then paste it into iTunes.  It could be a bit tedious, but it works.   :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 31, 2008, 08:19 AM »
Instead why not go to Apple.com

Thanks Ryan.  Apparently I misplaced the tiny instruction booklet.

No problem. I actually went there and got my booklet when I was having problems with my iPod. It comes in handy to have once in awhile.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #275 on: December 31, 2008, 01:41 PM »
PURCHASE A ZUNE!

Zune 30 Bugging Out Everywhere

Crazy...  lots or reports of Zune music players locking up today.  Rumors out there are saying it's a hidden virus in the software or maybe the work of some disgruntled Microsoft employees, I've even read a few apple conspiracy theories out there.   ::)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 01:42 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #276 on: December 31, 2008, 02:31 PM »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 31, 2008, 03:44 PM »
Wow.  I bet the eighteen people that own Zunes are pissed.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Theo Zissou

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My myspace page
« Reply #278 on: December 31, 2008, 07:29 PM »

lol :P Well i happen to have a zune 30. I use it everyday in my car, and have been really happy with it, no problem until today. It was miserable today listening to the radio again :( pretty much how i remember it. all commercials.  So i guess they didn't program it to handle leap years and the internal clock didn't understand today. It will fix on it's own when tomorrow hits. crazy stuff. No denying Ipod controls the mp3 market, but I've always preferred zune. I'm sure this press doesn't help.  IT was one of the top story's on cnn today. calling it "Z2k". :P

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #279 on: January 1, 2009, 01:33 PM »
Wow.  I bet the eighteen people that own Zunes are pissed.

Hey, I'm the nineteenth. :P Lucky for me, I don't buy the hard drive versions of MP3 players so I wasn't affected.

I hate Apple/Mac and while I see some good in the newer IPOD products, I will never infect my PC with the software known as ITunes.

What is so wrong with making the device have a drive letter and letting me drag and drop my files to that drive? Have a little piece of software that let's you organize and make playlists. Past that, you need nothing else. No conversions. No DRM. No tie to one computer.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 1, 2009, 02:01 PM »
so is there a way to fix the album art covers on Itunes? I was putting some older cds on itunes and when i hit the get album art covers button it was giving me art work for some of their newer albums or art work for completly other bands. example being the first three days grace cd....it gave me some artwork for a group called 3 graced or soemthing...its not the same cover at all. help please. oh and do you HAVE to keep all your songs on your computer or can you just delete them to save space? this itunes thing is a lot more complicated that the last program I used for my Dell jukebox aka The Brick. (mp3)
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #281 on: January 1, 2009, 03:30 PM »
so is there a way to fix the album art covers on Itunes?

This happens often, as you'll soon discover.  There'll also be many album covers iTunes can't find at all, so the following "fix" will help you fill in those glaring holes too.

First, just delete the cover that Itunes automatically stuck in there by right-clicking on the album cover and selecting "Clear Downloaded Artwork" from the drop down list.  You may be able to skip this step altogether, and just do the subsequent stuff, but I've never bothered to find out.

There's lots of ways to stick the appropriate album cover in there, but the easiest is probably to just go to Amazon.com's music section, and search for your album.  Once you have that page, just right-click on the album cover shown (or pick one of the other versions the "Amazon users" have included below it), and select "Copy" from the drop down list.  No need to save it, "copy" works just fine.

Lastly, go back into your iTunes album page, and right-click on the album you're adding the cover art for, and select "Get Info" from list (first item).  If you get a pop-up with a question after that, just click "Yes".  Then you have your album profile up, and you just go over to the Artwork square in the lower right corner, right-click inside of it, and select "Paste".  That should stick the cover you copied from Amazon in there.  Then just click "OK" at the bottom, and wallah, you should be good to go!  Good luck...

I finally joined the 21st century and got my ass into iTunes not too long ago, and this was one of the first fixes I needed assistance with too, so enjoy my helpful New Year mood.  :P

- M

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 1, 2009, 03:52 PM »
Sweet Thanks a lot! ;D
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #283 on: January 1, 2009, 05:10 PM »
My pleasure.

Though as I scroll back a few posts now, I see that Fury already mentioned the same thing.  Just in slightly less (verbose) detail...  :P

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 1, 2009, 05:40 PM »
I remember a guy named JediMac, but he wasn't really helpful, so who's this new 'thing'?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.