Author Topic: Group Project X - Clone Wars TV series  (Read 45260 times)

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
Re: Group Project X - Clone Wars TV series
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2006, 05:00 PM »
Wow Johnboy, That is a great figure.
I like the dio in the background too. Very Clever.
Do you have any progress pics? That would be cool to see what you did
along the way.

Offline johnboy walton

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2006, 08:05 PM »
Thanks for the compliments Glassman.  I need to give you some props, if I remember correctly, you made an animated version of Padme a while back - it definately inspired me to try my own attempt at this - without the sculpting. 

Unfortunately, I didn't take any progress pics - they would have been very good with an undertaking this big  (at least for me).  :P

Maybe if I give a breakdown of the figures I used it might give some idea of the work involved.

Body (legs, torso, arms) - Barriss Offee  I just repainted using flat white spray paint, with many light coats to get a smoo
th finish and deep color.  The belt is simply just the skirt cut off, and trimmed up smooth.

Head - Pilot Padme face, and Cloud car pilot head.  This was a "face transplant", a bit difficult, and alot of sanding to smooth down the grooves on the CC pilot head. I cut down the face to be what I wanted to show on the final product. Super glue finally affixed the face.

I thought the hands were too big from the original figure, so replaced them with VOTC leia hands, which also hold the pistol much better.

The cape is from a Droid Factory Padme, but after trying to paint it (which only became extremely sticky), I took nail polish remover, and took off my paint, as well as the original off-white to make it brighter.  The hood is from Barriss Offee, but cut and shaved down to where I was satisfied with it being small enough.  This took along time until I thought it looked right.

I used small guage pipe cleaner for the fur, and threaded pom-poms for the dangly ties.

Hopefully my attempt my give a litle inspiration for others working on their own projects.   8)

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
  • I find your lack of pants...disturbing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2006, 11:07 PM »
Finally did one tonight, sort of... took the ROTS 12 inch Bariss Offee, added a custom vest (I know it's not entirely accurate) and voila! Asajj Ventress, Sith Apprentice/Rattatakian warlord.

Shot of the vest and the lightsabers I made for what was originally gonna be Quinlan Vos:

another closeup shot:

Ventress and Dooku in the Arena (i have another one of this, but edited to have the force lightning he zapped her with, but i can't get it off my palmtop :( )

I just have to give her a paintjob:

Ventress after she mopped the floor with everyone else in the arena:

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2006, 10:48 AM »
Johnboy, thanks for posting that here too. It's great and I'm sure it will help me on my figure (which I haven't had a chance to even start yet).

Richard, great looking 12" Ventress.  Once you get her face painted, and maybe some red sabers she's going to look very awesome.

:P

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2006, 03:15 PM »
Yes Richard that is a great start. That vest really seems to fit well. So far so good.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
  • I find your lack of pants...disturbing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2006, 03:29 PM »
Yes Richard that is a great start. That vest really seems to fit well. So far so good.

LOL The vest is just a cuff cut from an old shirt, then unfolded, a head slit cut, then wrapped around the body, held in place with bariss' belt...It may not be entirely accurate, but i didn't have a gray shirt to cut up :D  Phruby, I was going for a look before she met up with dooku (when she still had jedi lightsabers). Now if i could find another bariss at TRU...both the ones in winnipeg have nothing but Darth Sidious:(

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2006, 02:45 PM »
Nice stuff Richard, cant wait to see the finished product. Its great to see people actually doing 1/6 customs. There isnt too much of that anymore and its a real shame.

My Snowbunny padme kinda took a back burner to my JLU stuff, but I am back on track with her again. She shold be painted up in the next couple of days depending on my work schedule. Im going to try to get a W.I.P. pic up in the next couple of days.

Im really impressed by all of the WIP's that I've seen so far, this is going to be a great project.

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2006, 12:29 AM »
Here's the custom Roronn Corob I finished this past weekend.

Just a note...I'm using a new camera and I haven't worked out the whole thing yet, so it's really "overexposed ???" looking but that's the way it's gonna be for me for awhile. :)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 12:31 AM by Jediknight760071 »

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2006, 12:39 AM »
It looks pretty good Justin. My one gripe is with the feet. I think you should give him some Ithorian feet, those boots can't be very comfortable for him. ;)
"This is the way."

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2006, 12:47 AM »
*sigh* ;)

Just when I thought I'd finished.  If I can cut the Jedi legs to fit the Ithorian legs just right, I've got no problem with it. I'll try it out.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 12:48 AM by Jediknight760071 »

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2006, 12:52 AM »
I finished up my Voolvif Mon (Wolfman) and added my own Roronn Corob as well.  Let me know what you think.

I've also been tinkering with a Saesee Tinn in Clone Armor:

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 30, 2006, 09:53 AM »
Very cool set of jedi Brent. I like the Roronn Corob the best.

Justin, your Roronn Corob also came out great! Just fix the feet and you got him. I like the hood he is wearing.

I should have a wip picture of my snow bunny padme up in the next couple of days. I know Greg won't start for another three weeks. Remember February is a short month.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 09:55 AM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 30, 2006, 10:53 AM »
Wow, the Roron Cobb turned out great Justin!  I love it!  Gotta add this Jedi to my "to do list."  The hood works perfect for him!

Brent, your stuff looks great too.  Fantastic job.  I commented more in your personal thread.

I need to get in gear on this, but we have until February, right?  I've been preoccupied with Rykrof lately, but next week I'll have some extra customizing time.

:P

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2006, 01:45 PM »
JK, very nice figure. I actually thought about changing my subject matter to this guy,

Brent, very nice set. I actually liek the saeseie tinn the best. I love that version of him in clone
armor.
Great work guys... Paul, now that there is no football, i might get to these a bit sooner...MIGHT!

We'll see.

It's nice that we have so many other participants this time. Must be the wide range of figure choice!  ;)

Offline darth_ripley

• Jedi Initiate
  • i'm the monster's mother...
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 30, 2006, 02:25 PM »
everyone's entries look great! i really like your Roron BrentS and Johnboy's Padme Snowbunny is breathtaking!

i'm afraid i'm like Glassman on waiting till the last minute....but no more football season may get me doing more projects too.

my plans have changed as usual...having to get a new heat & a/c unit put a big crimp into my customizing budget, so i'm working a project with parts i already have laying around here...look for a 12" Obi-Wan in Clone Armor from me complete with soft goods robe instead of a Roron for now.