Author Topic: Group Project X - Clone Wars TV series  (Read 45265 times)

Offline darth_ripley

• Jedi Initiate
  • i'm the monster's mother...
    • View Profile
Re: Group Project X - Clone Wars TV series
« Reply #15 on: January 7, 2006, 03:11 PM »
there's actually a lot of characters to choose from if you go back and look at the cartoon, both seasons. just b/c there are no clones allowed doesn't mean there isn't anything else to do. personally i like the challenge/idea of no clones, its a refreshing change.

imo, it takes more creativity when your options are more limited, it requires more thought & patience.

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #16 on: January 7, 2006, 05:24 PM »
Commander_Miseria, there are waaaay too many othr charactes in the show.
We just want the character to be from the show and not a clone...thats not that many limitations. Just two.

You could make yoda, anakin, obi wan, sidious, etc etc...
There is still a very wide range to choose from.

Usually these are limited to 2 figures...Or ONE... Now thats limits.

THis is a wide open project. We will most likely not get too many duplicate customs, which moves away from the whole idea but it helps get more people into it.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 7, 2006, 05:44 PM »
I think this one is pretty wide open - maybe a cool idea would be one of those weird aliens from the second season that Anakin saves?  Or a shirtless movie style Anakin?  Or even Roron Cobb is a candidate. 

Personally, I understand that clones are still popular, but I like seeing other stuff too.

:P

Offline Commander_Miseria

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Touching from a distance further all the time..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 7, 2006, 06:30 PM »
I could understand if we were saying no just entering clones, but i think that if you enter mutliple characters it should be allowed. I mean at least if you're entering different characters its obivous you're not a one trick repainter pony  :P.

Anyways, I just finished up the wolf jedi (cant remember his name now) from vol1 last night and i'll be posting pictures of him, my WIP nelvaan experimental warrior, and L8-L9 WIP soon.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 7, 2006, 06:43 PM »
I see what you mean (your upcoming customs sounds really cool by the way).  Have you looked at this month's customizing challenge?  It might be cool for you to make a Clone Wars diorama, with what you are suggesting.

I think that the difference is that the Group Projects, by nature, have always been a lot more strict.  Usually there is one character that everyone is trying to make, there is reference material, etc.  And the whole point behind it is getting people to make something they wouldn't otherwise try to make (like the Tonnika sisters, or the Mon Calamari dancer).

What you are referring to sounds more like the monthly customizing challenge, where there is a lot of freedom on what we make.  For instance, one month it's smugglers, the next female hotties, the next Rebel troopers, etc.  Allows for a ton of leeway.

Of course we make rules to try and keep things somewhat structured, but it doesn't mean you can't make something you want to.  It's just our attempt at working on something as a "group" and seeing how we came about making the same type of figure.  Which is why I hope more people try and make the Snow Bunny Padme so we can compare results and techniques.

This month has definitely opened up a lot though.

:P

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 8, 2006, 04:08 PM »
I know I'm making a snowbunny Padme. I have the body in mind for it. I saw it at Target a few days ago. It's one of those justice league three packs. This one comes with black canary. If I remove her hair and resculpt it to a hood I think it might work.

What would work great would be a Poison Ivy or Catwoman as a base. In fact, I can see some of the male superheros working great for a new Anakin with blue circuits on his chest.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 9, 2006, 01:05 AM »
Not very good, but here's a shot of my Voolif mon Jedi.

I'm not too satisfied with the brown on the arms and legs, i think it needs to be a bit darker.

there's a pic of my WIP nelvaan warrior. I decided on an old Hulk figure for the "movie style" look of the nelvaan warrior. I removed the hand and then used a GI Joe part to fill out the Gun enhancement they have on their hands. I'm trying to figure out exactly how im going to tame the hair on that head though  ???

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
  • I find your lack of pants...disturbing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 9, 2006, 02:20 AM »
Since the monthly customizing challange is focusing on playsets this month and next, it was suggested we extend the group project to any character that appeared in the Clone Wars TV series. Since we've seen so many clones, lets try to avoid doing them and focus on other characters that havn't been done to death. There are some cool customs in the creatures that Ventress had to fight in the arena or some of the aliens in the crowd sequence where Anakin tracks down Padme. Maybe those weird looking tribal aliens from vol 2. A kick as Durge would be cool or his IG lancer droids.

You can make modern, vintage or cartoon versions of any character that appeared in the miniseries except clones. No alternate costumes this time around. The two main ones suggested are Snowbunny Padme and Yoda.

The deadline for this is February 28th.

Would that disqualify my 12 inch General Kenobi? Or is it just 3.75 scale? <groans as he gets yet ANOTHER idea for his 12 inch Kitbash/WIP/ walking parts bin figure...calls up the database entries on master barek to see if he could use the asian dragon figures head for yet ANOTHER figure LOL>
« Last Edit: January 9, 2006, 02:24 AM by RichardTheBloody »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 9, 2006, 09:55 AM »
Jedi in clone gear is ok as long as that jedi wore that outfit in the tv series. 12" is always ok. Technically, you should be making the item during the group project and not something already made. Work in progress pictures are highly encouraged.

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
  • I find your lack of pants...disturbing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 9, 2006, 12:35 PM »
Jedi in clone gear is ok as long as that jedi wore that outfit in the tv series. 12" is always ok. Technically, you should be making the item during the group project and not something already made. Work in progress pictures are highly encouraged.

Excellent, thanks for clearing that up  Master_Phruby. Now, to think up another idea... <scratches out his 12 inch Dooku dragon swap too:P>

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 9, 2006, 12:58 PM »
Very nice wolfman jedi CM. Do you have a reference picture for him? I'll have to dig one up.

It looks like a good start to the nelvaan warrior. The face needs some work to make him look more mole-like. Was that hair already on the base figure? I think he is a little bit too muscular for these guys. He needs a pot belly.

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 9, 2006, 04:00 PM »
Very nice wolfman jedi CM. Do you have a reference picture for him? I'll have to dig one up.

It looks like a good start to the nelvaan warrior. The face needs some work to make him look more mole-like. Was that hair already on the base figure? I think he is a little bit too muscular for these guys. He needs a pot belly.

Only refrence pic i found was here...http://starwars.wikicities.com/wiki/Image:Voolvif3.jpg

I'm not sure how i'm gunna tone down the face, on the nelvaan yet. The hair was also already on the base of the figure. I was thinking to leave him muscular because since it is a movie verison i figured he'd be more "scary" or intimidating if he leave him muscular. After all, why would you enhance a warrior and then make him fat!  ::)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: January 9, 2006, 04:19 PM »
Here's another nice ref pic for the wolfman Jedi:

I've toyed around with the idea of making a "movie" version of him to go along with the Foul Moudama (that Hasbro is making in the Geonosis Wave) and my custom Roron Corobb.

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 9, 2006, 04:23 PM »
 i REEEEEAAAALLLY want to make a roron cobb, but i haven't gotten around to another paint run yet to find a good khaki jedi color for the robes.  :(

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 9, 2006, 05:10 PM »
I found this wonderman figure to use as base for snowbunny Padme.

It should take minimal cutting to make the head work. The face will be a little different but if I painted the face it would look something like this:

« Last Edit: January 9, 2006, 05:15 PM by Master_Phruby »