Author Topic: The Brotherhood (and Sisterhood) Of the Travelling Purple Pimp Daddy Kenobi  (Read 110246 times)

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
Weird suggestion here, and if the automatic reply is "no way, that would miss the whole point" I understand that sentiment- I don't mean to offend at all.

Since the Pimp Daddy seems to be on a list at the moment and can only travel so fast, and there seem to be some people who would like to host him but weren't involved in the planning, I have a weird suggestion: what if a second Pimp Daddy was made, or perhaps something new but similar?

Now, I don't mean to imply a knock-off of the idea or anything exactly. But perhaps someting truly secondary could be made and hosted around people not included on the original list? It could be a part of this thread, or another one running alongside it. This would be a way for latecomers to get in on some of the fun without derailing Pimp Daddy's plans.

If not a Pimp Daddy replica, perhaps an intentional variation? Maybe one made from a different figure, or even a Punisher-costume variant? If that seems too wrong, perhaps it could be another character of some kind.

As I said, I can see where this idea would be bad, but I think it's an idea that should at least be contemplated. Either way I wouldn't be able to host such a thing, so it's a third-party observer's idea; make of it what you will. :)

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
Well, I like your idea and it certainly isn't without merit. But the list is by no meand stagnant. anyone who wants to host him just has to say so. I mean, you will go at the bottom of the list but the list isn't very long at the moment. Personally , I would like him to go everywhere, so no one gets left out. Trust me there was absoultely NO planning involved in this. ;D

There is no real "Sign up" involved, all you do is say you want to join, and your automaticly on the list.

IF Rolla and Mitsukara would like to be added to the list the more the merrier.
« Last Edit: May 6, 2006, 11:16 AM by Darth_Ennis »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
I think it gets hard to track two lists instead of just one. I can see him getting to everybody on the list by the end of the year.

I think what would be cool is if JD could host a page off their main page to show archival pictures of Pimp Daddy's journeys. There could be an automatic sign up form so others outside the custom group could play along. I suggested it in my survey.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
Well, I like your idea and it certainly isn't without merit. But the list is by no meand stagnant.
As I said, I wasn't really pushing for my idea or anything, just something that occured to me and I thought I'd get out there. I'm fine with whatever those involved wish to do, I just enjoy watching ;)

IF Rolla and Mitsukara would like to be added to the list the more the merrier.
Nah, I wouldn't really be able to do such a thing right now, and I live in a small town anyway. Maybe I could take him out of town to see some cows?...

I think what would be cool is if JD could host a page off their main page to show archival pictures of Pimp Daddy's journeys. There could be an automatic sign up form so others outside the custom group could play along. I suggested it in my survey.
That's a good idea; if I'd read your post first I would've seconded that in the survey.

The lack of planning is cool in a way, really ;) Seriously, it adds something I think. Just as long as he doesn't get lost or something of course >.<

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Nah, I wouldn't really be able to do such a thing right now, and I live in a small town anyway. Maybe I could take him out of town to see some cows?...

I think even a Pimp Daddy should hang with some Cows sometime.

Offline RollaJedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Twisted by the Dark Side
    • View Profile
    • Coreplanets.com
sure, put me down!  What the heck!  :)
W W W . C O R E P L A N E T S . C O M
www.coreplanets.com
Missouri and Kansas Star Wars Fan Site

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
So Findswoman have you any news on our Pimp Daddy's adventures? It needs to get to DD for next month's Comic-con.

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
So Findswoman have you any news on our Pimp Daddy's adventures? It needs to get to DD for next month's Comic-con.

Sorry it's taken me so long -- Pimp Daddy Kenobi hasn't been able to do much because I had to finish up the school semester.  But it's done now, so I'm looking at next week for a quick tour of the neighborhood and a visit with some of the other customs.  Again, sorry abt the delay!  :o

When exactly is ComicCon?  I can plan to get it to him by them if I know the dates.  :)

... the Findswoman

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
It's the big Comic book convention where Hasbro shows off new star wars toys and new comic book movies are premiered. It's held in San Diego every year. Darth_Delierious is working at it this year. The dates are July 20-23rd.

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
It's the big Comic book convention where Hasbro shows off new star wars toys and new comic book movies are premiered. It's held in San Diego every year. Darth_Delierious is working at it this year. The dates are July 20-23rd

Oh, that works out well -- thanks for passing that on.  I'll certainly be done with him by then!  Watch for a li'l something next week... :)

... the Findswoman

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
Rolla Jedi, and CloneCommander1 have now been added ot the master list. I cant wait to see where he goes next.

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Update time!  I took Purple Pimp Daddy Kenobi on a walk around my neighborhood today, and took TONS of photos.  Here's a little sneak preview:

Right now he's resting up before the welcome reception that the other customs will be throwing for him this evening.  He was awfully psyched when I told him how many lady customs would be there!   ;D

... the Findswoman

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
I bet he was excited about the party. Looks like he's getting ready for a swim.

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
He actually almost DID go for a swim in that very fountain!  It was a close shave, indeed.

And now, without further ado, I'm proud to present my finished photocomical contributions to the Brotherhood of the Travelling Purple Pimp Daddy Kenobi!

First, just a simple walking tour through the neighborhood, wih visits to local shops & sights, including a real live page from the Gutenberg Bible...

Traveling Purple Pimp Daddy Kenobi Does Piedmont Avenue

... and the welcome reception thrown for Purple Kenobi by the Findscustoms:

Trouble at the Welcome Reception

Enjoy, everyone!  Let me know what you think...  :D

... the Findswoman
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 02:02 PM by findswoman »

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Great stop for our purple pimpy friend.  The sights and sounds around the bay were great.  However, that reception was hysterical!!!  I absolutely loved the reception.  There are so many of your customs that I've never seen before, it was great to see so many at once.