Author Topic: The Brotherhood (and Sisterhood) Of the Travelling Purple Pimp Daddy Kenobi  (Read 110275 times)

Offline RollaJedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Twisted by the Dark Side
    • View Profile
    • Coreplanets.com
That was really funny!  I loved the reception!
W W W . C O R E P L A N E T S . C O M
www.coreplanets.com
Missouri and Kansas Star Wars Fan Site

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
Too funny finds.  Great stuff.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
man I wish i could of been there, what a party  ;D.  great pics/customs Finds, Kenobi looks like he must've had a good time with you & your ladies.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Joerhyno

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Hey guys, just joined cause I saw this at RS, thanks to findswoman.. can I join the par-tay? He needs to visit the Windy City!!!
I have some cool luggage looking items.. if you guys want, I can send them to the next person on the list.. lol.. you know.. luggage always gets lost ;)

I got an idea, although the luggage isn't that big.. what'd be cool is if people added something to it, weather a simple sticker or something to show where it's been, or a funny item inside the luggage.. whacha think?
-Joe
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 05:34 PM by Joerhyno »
Make sure you visit, Good to go Customs.
Your one stop shop for 1:18th custom needs!

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
I love it!!!

Findswoman, great, great job!  the reception is fantastic.  It's terrific seeing all of your lovely female customs together at the same time.  Extremely funny and creative.  the set is great, the customs are beautiful and the story and dialogue are tres drole.

Quick question, though, doesn't Eloise live at the Plaza, not the Four Seasons?  ;)

I enjoyed the neighborhood images, too.  Very pictaresque.  Wonderful job all around.

(and, p.s. I'm next!  Yipee!)

Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Great photonovel Esther. Good location shots and I like the little bed you gave him to sleep in before the reception. That was alot of customs I've never seen of yours before. You need to post closeup pictures of those customs around here. I like the girl with the imperial logo on her chest. It's funny my kids were just watching Eloise not too long ago. That is exactly something she would do.

Quazar, what do you have in mind for our Pimp Daddy?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile

Quazar, what do you have in mind for our Pimp Daddy?

the quintessential L.A. experience.  I'll say no more.  :)

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
Apparantly my earlier post did not go through, angry I am that I have to type it again. :P ;D

Excellent job Finds. The Gutenberg Bible place is beautiful, I so want to go there now.

AS far as the party is concerned, I don't think TPPDK was quite as mad as he made it seem. Knowing him like I do, he went to his room, wrang out his cloak, and drank it all down. Cold Colt .45 is too precious to be wasted. ;D And he surely would not have let a wet cloak keep him from a room full of tipsy hot ladies. ;)

and as far as a quintissential L.A. experience, I shudder to think, but he should enjoy that.If you go to the Whiskey I definately want to see that. ;D

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
Thanks for all the kind words, guys!  Glad I could bring a laugh or 2 your way.

Phruby, thanks! He's sleeping on a Polly Pocket sofa that I got on clearance -- it's JUST the right size for SW figures.   

Quazar, yes, Eloise's home base is the Plaza.  But when her mother goes to Coruscant, she prefers the Four Seasons.  :)  (Besides, that's the only podium I have!  :D ) By the way, exactly what IS the "quintessential L.A. experience"?  I've never been there so I have to profess ignorance.

Darth Ennis, you may be right about Kenobi.  I'll ask him.  I think a number of the "tipsy hot ladies" may actually have followed him when he went off to change (but that wasn't really something I had the heart to chow on a family board :D ).  As for the Chapel of the Chimes, there are plenty more photos for your viewing pleasure at at its official site, if you haven't already been there.

Phruby, BrentS, Quazar, in my next post on this thread I intend to have a list of all the customs that appeared, along with links to closeup photos.  Most are on my website already, but I still have to add the few that aren't.  (For example, the girl with the imperial logo is my Imperial Cheerleader.) 

Thanks again, all!  It's really been fun hosting The Purple One!  :)

... the Findswoman
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 01:43 AM by findswoman »

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Ask and you shall receive.  Here is a list, with links to pictures, of the customs appearing in the reception photocomic:
Customs present in Purple Kenobi reception photocomic:

The four figures shown here: Female background characters
Two of the Clone troopers in formal dress
Aurra Sing (Slave)
Diva Shaliqua
Imperial Cheerleader
Camie
Ibtisam
Modern Blue Snaggletooth
Wiorkettle
Jeeves and Wooster
Trynfor the Mad (Gand Findsman)
Telfien Viuraanvi (Gand Findswoman)
King Ebareebaveebeedee (Squib monarch)
Wicket W. Warrick (Tragicomic Death)
Ysanne Isard
Findswoman (self-portrait)
Padmé (lavender nightgown)
Sheltay Retrac (Bail Organa's aide)
and of course
Eloise

I thought I'd gotten everything on this list, but then I found I missed two: a custom Twi'Lek (Oola head on a repainted Lyn Me body) and a 4-LOM wearing a bowtie.  Here's a picture of them:

Enjoy, all!  It's a long post, I know, but you asked for it.  ;)

... the Findswoman

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
Nice work Finds.  Much nicer area of Oakland than the one I got lost in about 15 years ago.  In fact, I didn't know Oakland had a nice area until now.   :P  I know if I'd had the PPDK as my sidekick back then I'd have shown no fear. 

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Nice work Finds.  Much nicer area of Oakland than the one I got lost in about 15 years ago.  In fact, I didn't know Oakland had a nice area until now.   :P  I know if I'd had the PPDK as my sidekick back then I'd have shown no fear. 

Oh yes, Oakland's got at least a couple of nice one areas.  At least 1 or 2 other besides this one.  I was lucky enough to find an affordable apartment in this particular nice area 4 years ago when I first came out here for grad school.  What part of town was it that you get lost in?  Do you recall the street names, etc.?

... the Findswoman

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
All right...The big purple Pimp Daddy found his way to my crib today and tomorrow, is off to San Diego with me for Comic-Con. May his adventures be grand ones!

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Quazar, what happen to the quintessential L.A. experience? I didn't see the pictures for this. Good to hear that DD got him. I'll see you at ComicCon.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Phurby,

Unfortunately, Pimpy's L.A. adventure went wildly overbudget and overschedule.

I released Pimp Daddy from his contract early so he could attend Comic Con.

But he'll come back to L.A. to shoot some pick-ups , finish the greenscreen work and do ADR when DD is done with him.