Author Topic: New Customs by the Findswoman  (Read 5513 times)

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
New Customs by the Findswoman
« on: January 9, 2006, 01:20 AM »
Hello all,

I am proud to announce the first update to the Findswoman Collection in some 5 months!  After putting in a burst of customizing this past week, I have just finished and posted five all-new 3.75" customs:

King Ebareebaveebeedee of the Squib

Padmé Amidala in her lavender nightgown from ROTS

A second version of Telfien, my fanfic Gand Findswoman

A modern-day Blue Snaggletooth, sort of

Padmé's Ghost

Do let me know what you think -- any and all comments, compliments, criticisms, etc. are greatly appreciated.   Enjoy, and happy customizing to all!  :)

... the Findswoman

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: New Customs by the Findswoman
« Reply #1 on: January 9, 2006, 01:46 AM »
Dang, Geosites says that the site is currently unavailible.  :'(
"This is the way."

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 9, 2006, 02:19 AM »
Oh yes. I'm sorry about that.   I should have warned everyone.  If  it thinks there's too much traffic, it doesn't let people access the site.  It's their way of trying to make me sign up for premium web service.  :)  It usually works again after a few moments or so. 

... the Findswoman

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 9, 2006, 02:23 AM »
Hopefully they will work soon.   8)

:P

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 9, 2006, 10:00 AM »
The links worked over at ffurg a few minutes ago. I guess bandwidth got exceeded again. Anyway, I saw King Ebareebaveebeedee of the Squib. You did a fantastic job sculpting the head for this guy. He looks like you had alot of fun making him.

Padmé Amidala in her lavender nightgown is the kind of figure that I love to see from you. She's beautiful and well crafted.

I didn't see Telfien or Snagg yet but will comment when the link works again. I did the the ghost Padme. She looks very creepy and I love the way she is screaming. There is a ghost that should be haunting Vader for a long time.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #5 on: January 9, 2006, 11:05 AM »
the snag is very original

padme is a masterpiece u really know how to use softgood accessories

great customs !
"Wars don't make one great"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 9, 2006, 11:12 AM »
Unfortunately, I still can't view them.  Looking forward to them though.

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 9, 2006, 12:24 PM »
Firstly, I'm really sorry with all the troubles with the links, everyone.  Too much traffic just makes Geocities balk, and there's nothing I can do (except upgrade my account -- maybe someday, but not now).  All I can say is, keep trying!  Hit that refresh button!  :)

The links worked over at ffurg a few minutes ago. I guess bandwidth got exceeded again. Anyway, I saw King Ebareebaveebeedee of the Squib. You did a fantastic job sculpting the head for this guy. He looks like you had alot of fun making him.

Padmé Amidala in her lavender nightgown is the kind of figure that I love to see from you. She's beautiful and well crafted.

I didn't see Telfien or Snagg yet but will comment when the link works again. I did the the ghost Padme. She looks very creepy and I love the way she is screaming. There is a ghost that should be haunting Vader for a long time.

Thanks for the comments, Phruby!  I wish I could take any credit for the Squib headsculpt, but I can't.  It came from EUCustomMan, who has some really cool Squib customs himself.  I did have fun making Ebareebaveebeedee (and typing his
name, too) -- he's a cute & funny character. 

And yes, that ghost will be haunting Vader for years.  That's the idea!  :)

Glad the lavender nightie is to people's liking.  It wasn't easy getting that to be the right size, for some reason.  The Ayy Vida can be a bit difficult to work with, partly because of her pose and because she only has one foot-hole to go on a stand.

Even if you do make it to Telfien's page, there are no photos there right now.  I'm going to retake them this morning.  Her original batch of photos were just plain boring -- no accessories or anything, guess I just was in too much of a hurry with the photography last night -- so I am going to give her some accessories and such and try again.
EDIT: They are now all re-taken, so do come have a look (that is, if Geocities hasn't decided to balk again).

Thanks again, everyone, and thanks for your patience, too! :)

... the Findswoman
« Last Edit: January 9, 2006, 01:57 PM by findswoman »

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 9, 2006, 12:47 PM »
Excellent work as always Findswoman. I love the Finds maiden I think thats my favorite one. Great work on the cloak. The ghost of Padme is kinda creepy but that head always was. :o

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 9, 2006, 12:55 PM »
Well I finally got to see the Padme ghost and the blue Snag.  Very nice findswoman!

The Snag has an excellent paint application, one of your best I think.  Very clean and production quality.

Padme - oh that's just scary!  I love it though, it really has a ghostly feel to it and makes her seem like a much more tragic figure.  Very well done.  It gives me chills thinking about that figure.  All the other "ghosts" we think of are Jedi spirits who had accepted their deaths and were at peace with it - Padme seems to be the type who was too young for death, had too much life and love to give still.  Wow... I could see her spirit really being on Naboo and even haunting people due to her tragic death and possibly her unwillingness to accept death.  Could make for an excellent EU storyling... simply awesome.

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 9, 2006, 02:38 PM »
Thanks so much for the kind words, all -- glad things are finally starting to work again!

I'll have more to say about your comments soon, but for now, I would just like to post a few photos of these new customs to tide people over until Geocities decides to behave itself again.  The website of course has even more photos, along with explanatory text, so even with these photos, don't forget to go visit there, too!

King Ebareebaveebeedee:

Padmé in Lavender Nightgown:

Padmé's Ghost:

Telfien:

Blue Snaggletooth:

Feel free to ask any questions you like, and as always, comments and critiques are welcome.  Do enjoy! 8)

... the Findswoman
« Last Edit: January 9, 2006, 02:39 PM by findswoman »

Offline darth_ripley

• Jedi Initiate
  • i'm the monster's mother...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 9, 2006, 03:10 PM »
thanks for posting the pics up for everyone to see Findswoman...i couldn't get into the geocities either.

i think my favorite is the blue snag. i love the silver boots and the loud blue jumpsuit, such a great update on a fun character.

the padme in nightgown is also stunning. i love the use of soft goods on her gown and the little bead & accents make it look like something we could only dream of getting from Hasbro.

padme's ghost is spoooooooooky!  :o

i'm not familiar with King Ebareebaveebeedee, but he looks really cool.

keep up the wonderful work Findswoman, i look forward to more of your updates!  :)

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #12 on: January 9, 2006, 03:23 PM »
I commented at Scum, but finds, i have to repeat how much i lke tha blue snag. I thought abut the same idea last friday, but  didnt react on it.
Great work!!

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 9, 2006, 03:45 PM »
I'm also not familar with the "King".

I really like the Padme nightgown although the joints on the sholders look a little loose.  Which Padme head is that?  I'm not good with identifying body parts yet  ;)

Telfien is my favorite.  The robes look great.  Are those hand stiched or taken from some other figure? 

I've never been a fan of snaggletooth but your version looks really good.

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 9, 2006, 05:14 PM »
Wow...
That Padmé is scary!  :o

Clone Commander Appo.