Author Topic: New Customs by the Findswoman  (Read 5512 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: New Customs by the Findswoman
« Reply #15 on: January 9, 2006, 05:43 PM »
I love that dress you gave Telfien. It really fits the character. Did you make the dress or is it from another toy?

Blue Snag looks like he's been on a diet. Big head and skinny body makes him look very cartoonish. It's like a bobble head. I like it! :D
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 9, 2006, 06:18 PM »
Glad I can view them all now, these are great - it's nice to see so many new customs at once from you.

King Ebareebaveebeedee - I love everything but the on this.  I don't know, it just seems a little cartoonish.  Maybe that is what you were going for though?  The rest of it looks fantastic though I think, what a great paint job!

Padmé in Lavender Nightgown - I hate to sound like a pervert, but that's a sexy custom.  What a cool looking dress, no wonder Anakin could never get her out of his head.  I see a bit of a space on her shoulder joints, but I don't know how you would elminate that without glueing the arms in place.

Telfien - Wow, that's outstanding.  What a great design and excellent use of soft goods.  You've really gotten good at these!

:P

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2006, 03:49 PM »
Hey, I never commented on the Gand, which looks FANTASTIC!  What a very imaginative design from the undisputed mistress of the Gands! 

And I also like the blue snaggletooth.  I agree with others that the paint job is great.  Minor criticism - the head seems a tad too big for his thin frame.  And I always though that Zutmore head was one ugly s.o.b. 

Despite my earlier criticism about the arms not fitting, my favorite is probably the nightgown padme.  She looked great in the film and you did a great job creating her.

A terrific batch of figures!
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2006, 01:28 AM »
Thanks so much for all your great comments, everyone, and for coming to visit!  I'm glad to hear that Geocities has been behaving slightly better again. 

Now, to answer individuals questions, comments, etc...

Chewie -- what part of the Squib did you not like?  I only got "I love everything but the on this."  But the what?  Let me guess -- the eyes?  They are a little tiny bit zombie-ish, I agree; I'm toying with the idea of adding one more black pupil in the middle to help them look more like eyes.   :)

BrentS, Master_Phruby and any others who may be wondering about Telfien's robes:  Glad she turned out to your liking!  I wish I could take any credit for having sewn this outfit, but alas, I can't.  It's a Li'l Bratz bathrobe from a fashion pack that I got on impulse on the off chance that it would fit 3.75" femmes -- and it did, or at least it fits the tiny li'l Deluxe Leia body.  I had to seam-rip the trim off of the sleeves so they wouldn't be too long, though.

Quazar, Gand thanks you most graciously for your exceedingly kind words about her and the Gand.  Gand will do her utmost to live up to them.  Even if it means talking funny sometimes.  ;)

Glassman6, Darth Ripley, Phruby, Quazar, and others who commented on the Snaggletooth: thanks for the comments on this guy. He was a bit of an experiment, and I admit, the thin body with the big fat ugly Zutmore ( :D ) head does look a little odd.  I mainly wanted a thinner body so as to make him somewhat analogous to the vintage Blue Snaggletooth, who was considerablly more svelte than his more mainstream red cousin.  Glassman, you should defintely do one too -- it'll be great!  :)

To answer the question from BrentS about the Padmé head: It's from Episode I Padmé Naberrie (blue Tatooine outfit).  I sculpted new hair over it to make it more like it does in that scene (the Ep. I Padmé's hair is way too neat for the nightgown scene).  I'm glad to finally have this custom done, too; this outfit was one of my favorites in ROTS, and it turns out to be one of the easier ones to sew, too!  Chewie, I won't think any less of you for having those thoughts about this figure.  :D

And as for Chewie's thoughts on Padmé's Ghost -- wow.  You really took that custom from the ridiculous to the sublime in one paragraph!  ;)  I never thought about it that way, but  I suppose she is a tragic figure, perhaps even more so than Anakin.  He, after all, did choose his path and she didn't choose what happened to her, as you point out.  There could well be a story in there somewhere -- a lot of people have suggested that I have her haunt Vader. 
Now, going from the sublime back to the ridiculous, here's another take on this figure from doomdeath at Rebelscum...

Thanks again to everyone for commenting, and for all the kind words (which includes the criticisms too, all of which were right on).  I appreciate it very much.  Happy customizing to all! :)

... the Findswoman

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2006, 01:53 AM »
Just to throw my 2 cents into the ring, I found Padme to be an extremely selfish character. She continually fed Anakin's weakness, and once he was gone, she made another selfish choice indulging her broken heart at the expense of her children, who would never know their mother. But then, judging her nature, perhaps that's for the best.

As for these, I commented a little at RS, but the best of the bunch is the female Gand, which I absolutely love. I think I asked you once before..."Why are Gands your favorite?

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2006, 12:07 AM »
Just to throw my 2 cents into the ring, I found Padme to be an extremely selfish character. She continually fed Anakin's weakness, and once he was gone, she made another selfish choice indulging her broken heart at the expense of her children, who would never know their mother. But then, judging her nature, perhaps that's for the best.

Thanks for the post, Darth Delicious.  But I'm not entirely clear -- what was the choice she made, exactly?  Did she choose to lose her "will to live"?  It's not entirely clear in the movie, I suppose.  Actually, they could have handled her death a little better; I never found the whole "dying of a broken heart" business all that compelling.  But it would have helped if that character had been played with a little more feeling than Portman was able to give.

Still, she was awfully pretty!  :D

As for these, I commented a little at RS, but the best of the bunch is the female Gand, which I absolutely love. I think I asked you once before..."Why are Gands your favorite?

-DD

Thanks a bunch -- I'm glad you like her!  I do, too.  :D
Why are the Gands my favorite?  A very good question.  Here's the nutshell version.  I always thought Zuckuss had a really cool design.  I also enjoyed his backstory in the Tales of the Bounty Hunters book a lot, especially the whole concept of the Findsman.  It was nice to see another mystical Force-like discipline out there besides the Jedi (tho' I have nothing against Jedi, of course).  Besides, I have always been attracted to the obscure, and there's almost no SW race more obscure than the Gand, since so little has been written abt them.   And since none of the "official" Gands we've seen or read abt have been female, I thought I'd come up with one of my own!    8) 

So there is the answer, in nuce, to question that I'm sure has been partially haunting many of you.. sort of.  :D  Thanks again, all!

... the Findswoman
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 01:07 AM by findswoman »

Offline Spectre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spirit Of Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2006, 12:28 PM »
Another great batch of customs, Findswoman!

Your softgoods never cease to amaze me :D
Looking for EXCELLENT 1/18 scale weapons? Check out Marauder, Inc.
www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront

1 Stop Shopping For all Your Customs Needs:
www.goodtogocustoms.com