Author Topic: General Veers  (Read 2540 times)

Offline GeneralBelIblis

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
General Veers
« on: January 16, 2006, 09:22 PM »
Well, I just got home from my local wal mart with a figure that has been begging to be in my home for a long time, General Veers. It was one of those rare times when you go hunting with a concrete goal in mind and actually achieve it. (thanks dirty d and ggpike!)
Well, on to the review.

Sculpt-4.5/5
The first thing I noticed when I took this fig out of the package was the fantastic sculpt on Veers. The wrinkles are present in appropriate form, looking like Veers was commanding from his At At or ImpStar and not like he just came out of a hurricane with 100 mile and hour winds. His frame is perfect, stading out when compared to his grunt snowtroopers. The coolest thing about his sculpt in my opinion, are the little rivets where his dress uniform pops up. Not only is it accurate, it is the anchor for his chest armour as well. Now thats fuction! My only complaint about the sculpt is the fact that Veers is very stiff looking. I realize that this is due to his articulation, but he still doesnt look like he has relaxed his back in weeks...
Features-NA/NA
YESSSS! No action feature! It truly is a collector's year.
Articulation-2.5/5
This is the only major dissapointment about Veers. To tell you the truth, I dont mind a figure having hardly any ball joints. But Veers!? I consider 9 points to be the bare minimum for articulation on SW figs, espiacally after what hasbro cranked out for Rots. If Veers had ball jointed knees, he would get a perfect score in this department. As it stands, he has a ball jointed head, swivel shoulders, elbows wrists hips and ankles. Not terrible, but should have been better.
Accessories-5/5
This is truly the shining star of this figure. Veers comes with the standard rifle, cuirass and helmet. They absolutley look awesome with him!
Paint-4/5
The paint scheme is pretty good on Veers, not very complicated but effective nontheless. The worst spot is his head. The paint isnt sloppy, but it looks, well, plastic.

Overall-4/5
Even with its shortcomings, Veers is a really really cool figure. He is awesome to play around with and looks every bit like a commander in the Imperial Military. I am so happy I found him because I never found Ozzel or Tarkin, so I was pretty officer deprived until now.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: General Veers
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 09:37 AM »
Good and thoughtfull review. I would agree, overall 4 out of 5. Allow me to give alternate views on the sub catagories.

Sculpt, I would say 4 out of 5. I give negative points for his wide arm scultp. It detracts from allowing him to have his arms down by his sides. I like the actors likeless though.

Articulation 4 out of 5. It's prefect for the figure, but an additionl set of ball joints would have been great.

Accessories 4 out of 5. The lack of back armor really detracts from the figure.

Paint 5 out of 5. I can't see any real flaws. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline GeneralBelIblis

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 02:52 PM »
i thought the paint was very good and not sloppy, but the problem was the paint on my veer's face looked more like a toy than some of the other stuff hasbro has made. anyway im still having fun w/ this dude

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 09:16 PM »
I'd like to get him with the Vader holo, would coincide with him talking to the vader holo in the film.  That's one fig/holo combo that Just makes sense to me.
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006, 01:26 AM »
I agree Bob, though I was really bummed to see Hasbro sculpted all "action" poses for these holos.  Kids honestly could probably give a crap about these things.  Not like they're gonna make blue plastic blobs battle or anything, but a neutral Vader as he appeared to Veers is the one they should have tried to do neutrally so it really was also an interactive accessory with figures.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77