Author Topic: A Song of Ice and Fire / Game of Thrones Figures!  (Read 6724 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi General
  • Deceived? WHAT?!?!
    • View Profile
Re: A Song of Ice and Fire / Game of Thrones Figures!
« Reply #120 on: April 14, 2016, 02:58 PM »
This is a much more attractive price point than the Funk 6" Game of Thrones figures.  I actually boxed mine up the other day to clear some space while I work on my collection room.  The character selection is definitely interesting, as is the level of articulation.  I wonder if Funko will be able to move this line forward a bit further than the 6" figure line?
"You were entrusted to lead the Republic." - Vote for Ven Zallow from THE OLD REPUBLIC in figure polls!

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #121 on: April 14, 2016, 04:13 PM »
An awesome price really.  Plus better sculpts and articulation?  I do believe I am in on these.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 14, 2016, 08:32 PM »
Wowsa. I am in. I expected these would be retro so I didn't pay attention to the thread. Sculpting and resemblance are great. I can accept the hinge joints since, as someone mentioned, Funko's a small company and they have to cut costs some how.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #123 on: April 14, 2016, 09:13 PM »
The sculpts are really shockingly well done IMO.  I'm not a 5POA guy, and that's been my main deterrent on the 5POA stuff (all over the place).  These really have me though.

BTW, might I note that The Wall is marked a "Display", not a playset...  Much like people who pine away for "playsets" in Star Wars actually want displays.  This is MUCH more what they're thinking about, comparatively speaking.  A hallway is not a playset, it's just something that amounts to a glorified stand.  This is really ideally collector-targeted stuff, and the price on the wall isn't even bad at all.  $30 is quite palatable for a nice display for Wave 1.  It'll be simple I feel sure, but it's still cool as hell.

I want that Tyrion too.  Easily it's my first purchase from the line.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 09:16 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 15, 2016, 08:24 AM »
Terrific stuff, only confirms my interest in all of these. Looking forward to army building the hell out of some White Walkers!  ;D
Shemhamforash!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi General
  • Deceived? WHAT?!?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 15, 2016, 09:57 AM »
That playset is so key in drawing my interest.  Probably because there have just been so few playsets of any kind that something like this ends up being a big deal.
"You were entrusted to lead the Republic." - Vote for Ven Zallow from THE OLD REPUBLIC in figure polls!

Feedback

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 15, 2016, 01:41 PM »
Larger click and hover pics at Funko really shows the detail. Let's hope the paint jobs are up to snuff.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Padawan
  • Nearly Retired Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 15, 2016, 06:42 PM »
This is really, really great stuff.

A collection of themed action figures, and a "playset" that is really just a display for those specific figures?!

It's like they actually took the time to figure out what modern toy collectors really wanted and gave it to them. I hope they make some money off the effort.

I had no interest in this line at all, though I love the books and the show, but now I find myself wanting to collect them just to be able to support the idea.

Only thing missing is a "stream of urine" accessory to snap onto Tyrion so he can complete his mission to the Wall.  :D
Looking for new ways to play?
Click Here to see the NEW Cardboard Galaxy Playsets!
PM me if interested!