Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 363145 times)

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #1245 on: June 4, 2009, 02:53 AM »
That SDCC Soundwave set looks very cool. 

Today, I bought a few movie toys.  I ended up looking over what the local TRU had and picked up the Ransack/Bi-Plane and Dirt Boss/Fork Lift.  These two are very cool in vehicle mode and ok in robot mode.  So far these are the only movie toys from either movie that I've purchased. 

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: June 8, 2009, 03:58 PM »
So dlx's are $7.99 and Voyagers are $17.99 this week at TRU.  I still haven't bitten on anything yet, but may cave and pick up The Fallen at that price.  Trying to stay away from the dlx line in anticipation of the Human Alliance stuff.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: June 8, 2009, 08:08 PM »
Wow, I'm lost with all the new TF stuff.  Mike, do you have a definitive resource you use to track or look at all the new stuff that's coming out?   ???
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: June 8, 2009, 09:59 PM »
Wow, I'm lost with all the new TF stuff.  Mike, do you have a definitive resource you use to track or look at all the new stuff that's coming out?   ???

I do not have a good resource - sadly (I think I may have ignored a post a few pages back) , but I follow 1-2 TF websites rather loosley and I'll continue to update the JD thread now as there is renewed interest.  I'm also too lazy to track down a good checklist of product for release dates, but someone - please chime in when the time comes as need be.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: June 11, 2009, 09:08 PM »
Found wave 4 ROTF deluxes at Target this morning in abundance.  Ravage is really cool, and I highly recommend everyone picking him up when he shows up in your neck of the woods.  Mine's waist joint is a bit looser than I would like, but nevertheless, he's a great toy.  I just wish Hasbro would have paid this kind of attention to Scorponok (in terms of sculpt, paint, and posability) instead of the Happy Meal toy we wound up getting with the first film (and will, unfortunately, be getting again later this year). 

Even though I'm not the Mike you're referring to, here's what has been released so far, and what is coming at some point soon in the ROTF movie stuff:

Scout Class Wave 1:

-Dead End (Non-Film)
-Dirt Boss (Non-Film)
-Whatever the Blue Truck's Name is (Non-Film)
-Whatever the Autobot Cycle's Name is (Non-Film)

Scout Class Wave 2:

-Depth Charge (Non-Film)
-Ransack (Non-Film)

Scout Class Wave 3:

-Scalpel
-Repaint of Dead End (Non-Film)
-Repaint of the aforementioned Autobot Cycle (Non-Film)

Deluxe Class Wave 1:

-Bumblebee
-Soundwave

Deluxe Class Wave 2:

-Breakaway (Non-Film)
-Rampage
-Sideswipe
-Sideways

Deluxe Class Wave 3:

-Desert Brawl (Non-Film Repaint of 2007 Brawl)
-Smokescreen (Non-Film Repaint of 2007 Jazz)
-Chromia
-Autobot Skids
-Autobot Wheelie

Deluxe Class Wave 4:

-Cannon Bumblebee
-Interrogator Barricade (2007 Barricade with no Frenzy and big headlights)
-Mudflap
-Ravage

Deluxe Class Wave 5:

-Skids/Mudflap (Ice Cream Truck)
-Arcee
-Stalker Scorponok (Non-Film Repaint of 2007 Scorponok)
-Jolt

Voyager Class Wave 1:

-Optimus Prime (Repaint of 2007 Voyager Prime)
-Ironhide (Repaint of 2007 Voyager Ironhide with new guns)
-Demolishor
-Starscream (New Sculpt)

Voyager Class Wave 2:

-The Fallen
-Desert Tracker Ratchet (Repaint of 2007 Voyager Ratchet)

Voyager Class Wave 3:

-Megatron (New Sculpt)
-Mixmaster

Voyager Class Wave 4:

-Stratosphere (Non-Film)

Voyager Class Wave 5:

-Grindor (Possibly Non-Film Repaint of 2007 Voyager Blackout)
-Long Haul

Leader Class Wave 1:

-Optimus Prime (New Sculpt)
-Megatron (New Sculpt)

Leader Class Wave 2:

-Jetfire

Supreme Class:

-Devastator (6 Constructicons stuck in alt mode which combine to make Devastator)

I'm not sure on what's coming out in the Scout Class (and I missed a good bit, I'm sure), and there are a few strongly rumored pieces (the third of the Arcee/motorcycle triplets, a Leader Class Starscream, and Deluxe class versions of the other Constructicons), but this is pretty much the "complete" list of the actual transforming items coming out for the film.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: June 11, 2009, 09:10 PM »
Holy crap.  Thanks for posting.  I hope they do a good job with Jetfire - or rather, I hope he looks G1 enough for me to pick up...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Sugart

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: June 11, 2009, 10:29 PM »
Any idea of the cost of supreme class devastor? Leader class goes for 44.99, so I imagine its gonna be way north of the that.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1252 on: June 11, 2009, 11:27 PM »
I think the Supreme Devastator will retail for $100. It's supposed to be the big item for the line this Christmas.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: June 13, 2009, 07:03 PM »
Finally saw the Superion giftset this morning at Target.  Looks nice and it's a groovy price, but I already own the originals....Bring on Brut - I passed him up in the Energon days so I'm looking forward to him.  Saw w3 dlx's this morning as well, but these things just aren't doing anything for me for round 2.  My wallet certainly isn't complaining!

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: June 17, 2009, 07:44 AM »
Transformers Season 1 is out now.  At Target it is $16.99. I have to wait this weekend to pick it up.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: June 17, 2009, 09:19 AM »
Transformers Season 1 is out now.  At Target it is $16.99. I have to wait this weekend to pick it up.

I grabbed the set at Target yesterday, since the price was decent and I know I won't be able to afford that big "Matrix" box set in one shot like that (as cool as it looks).  Looking forward to watching these again.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: June 20, 2009, 12:07 PM »
Although I'm not super familiar with the waves of the movie stuff, I saw what I think was some of the newer deluxe at our local TRU yesterday.  I noticed a different Bumblebee (with cannons), as well as Ravage and I believe Mudflap (orange-ish colored one).  I was tempted to pick one or two up, as I thought Ravage looked kind of cool, but don't really have the money now anyways.  These seem to be selling pretty well already for the most part though, I see a lot of people and kids looking them over at the stores.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: June 20, 2009, 05:18 PM »
Spotted the 6" Target Titanium exclusive repaints this morning.  Was tempted to pick up Thrust and Hotspot, but not at $20.99 - will wait for clearance.  Also saw Voyager Megs and Mixmaster (haven't seen them yet)  Mixmaster looks pretty cool at least in alt mode, but he's pretty small.  Might get tempted on the G1 repaint, but meh....

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: June 21, 2009, 05:57 PM »
Found the Human Alliance BB this morning at Kmart....$36.99?  ack!  I know that they're overpriced, but that must mean $24.99 or $29.99 at normal retail.  Guess I might not be collecting these suckers even though they appear to be the same size as the ALTs.   :-\

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: June 24, 2009, 04:59 PM »
Anyone know if WM or Target is looking at a sale on TF figures this coming weekend?  After seeing the film last night I want to pick up Sideswipe and maybe Sideways (although is robot mode looks kind of...scrawny?).

I don't think I'll buy much more than that but those two cars had a couple cool scenes in the film.

Anyone have the two new Deluxe Bumblebee figures in hand?  Any significant differences from the '07 version that would make it a worthwhile upgrade?

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"