Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 365397 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #1260 on: June 24, 2009, 09:14 PM »
Anyone know if WM or Target is looking at a sale on TF figures this coming weekend?  After seeing the film last night I want to pick up Sideswipe and maybe Sideways (although is robot mode looks kind of...scrawny?).

Answered part of my own question.  Stopped in WM tonight and they had the Deluxe figures marked down to $9 and the Voyager were $18 I believe.  I'll probably pick up a Sideswipe, at least, before the week's out.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: June 25, 2009, 10:19 AM »
Well ... seeing the movie last night did its job.  I went out and picked up Skids and Mudflap this morning at the Wal-Mart sale.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: June 25, 2009, 04:20 PM »
Racist.

I actually don't care for the bot mode of either Skids or Mudflap.  At least not from the pictures I've seen so far.  I think it's just all the green on Skids, not sure.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: June 25, 2009, 06:45 PM »
Very tempted to pick up a few things after seeing the movie today.  I can see the pegs will start getting picked clean after this weekend.  Wheelie would have been a must buy for me if he was a scout, but no dice at his dlx scale.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: June 27, 2009, 02:33 AM »
Picked up Sideswipe tonight at WM for their $9 sale price.  I like the robot mode but man, nothing will make a grown man feel more stupid than trying to transform one of these toys.  It's like the childproof bottle cap or the "mosquito" cell phone ring tone; not made for adults over age 18.

E...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: June 27, 2009, 03:40 PM »
Picked up Sideswipe tonight at WM for their $9 sale price.  I like the robot mode but man, nothing will make a grown man feel more stupid than trying to transform one of these toys.  It's like the childproof bottle cap or the "mosquito" cell phone ring tone; not made for adults over age 18.

E...

Yup - ain't what they used to be...that's why I love my G1 blocks so much.  Never needed the instructions past the first transformation back in the day.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: June 28, 2009, 08:07 PM »

E...

Yup - ain't what they used to be...that's why I love my G1 blocks so much.  Never needed the instructions past the first transformation back in the day.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.  I don't have a ton of Transformers, but I have to say that some of the ones I have (movie ones in particular) seemed way harder than they would need to be - particularly for kids.  I thought maybe I was just too dumb to figure it out ;).  I haven't noticed quite as much trouble with the Classics/Universe stuff, but the movie and a couple of Alternators were more difficult.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: June 29, 2009, 01:07 AM »
Target has a sale on most of their Tranformers toys this week.  Specifically I noticed the Deluxe line is $8.99.  I didn't pay any attention to the Voyager line.  There wasn't really anything in that line that I wanted this time around.

I've transformed Sideswipe a few times now and after you learn the little quirks of tranforming him it's not too bad.  Still like this one, it's one of the better figures I've seen IMO.

E...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: June 29, 2009, 11:26 AM »
Target has a sale on most of their Tranformers toys this week.  Specifically I noticed the Deluxe line is $8.99.  I didn't pay any attention to the Voyager line.  There wasn't really anything in that line that I wanted this time around.

Don't forget about the "power rewards" thing or whatever they have.  Buy 2 get 10% off, buy 3 get 15% off, 4 = 20% off.  Voyagers are not on sale.

TRU also has a decent sale this week.  Free $10 giftcard for any purchase over $30.  Dlx's are $8.99 and Leaders are $39.99.  Might bite on Megs and Prime (2 seperate purchases)  Only reason I want Prime is for the Jetfire combo.

Also noticed that BK has some kinda promo going on...stackticons?  meh...

Offline Sugart

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: June 29, 2009, 05:17 PM »
Leaders are 39.99 @ Target this week as well. Scouts, Deluxe, Bot helmets and blasters are on sale also.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: June 30, 2009, 11:56 AM »
This is totally off topic since the movie is at the front of everyone's minds right now, but I was curious if Hasbro has said if/when the Universe stuff would be coming back?  I thought I read something awhile back, but couldn't recall it now.  I'm sort of working on picking up a few that I missed when I have the extra money, and I was wondering if there was any news of some more G1 remakes coming back in the Classics/Universe style at some point.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: July 3, 2009, 02:18 PM »
Not sure, but there's some repaints coming out that I've seen.  Probably all we're going to get if any for the next year or so.  Sales are nowhere near what I expected of this toyline.  Guess the kids hated the movie too.   :-\

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: July 6, 2009, 09:25 AM »
I got a chance to see the movie yesterday, and hit Target afterwards and their Transformers section (deluxes in particular) was wiped out.  Very little to be had there, reminded me of the last time around.  Despite having a ton of Bumblebees ("Sneak Preview" version) there when the line hit retail, there isn't a single one left now.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: July 11, 2009, 06:37 PM »
Noticed that BumbleSpud is already on clearance at Target for 30% off.  That sure didn't take long.

Offline Sugart

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: July 11, 2009, 07:30 PM »
Noticed that BumbleSpud is already on clearance at Target for 30% off.  That sure didn't take long.

Yup, he was discontinued about a week after it set. My store got just a few in and thats it.