Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 358871 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #1290 on: July 27, 2009, 11:26 AM »
HTS only stole the Destros from my cart this morning, but I got my Soundwave and Smilin Luke.  TF2009 took $5 off my order, but not sure if that's going to hold or not.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: July 27, 2009, 12:05 PM »
Isn't the Destro still in stock?  I guess I don't understand what you meant that Hasbro stole them from your cart?

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: July 27, 2009, 12:08 PM »
Isn't the Destro still in stock?  I guess I don't understand what you meant that Hasbro stole them from your cart?

E...

They stole him out of my cart just like they always do with stuff every year - said he's no longer available.  Then 5-10 mins later he's back up as a preorder.  No matter either way as I wasn't planning on getting him, but snagged him and used GIJOE10.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 12:18 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: July 28, 2009, 02:09 AM »
Glad I put in an order for Soundwave.  Not sure when, but it looks like he sold out today.  Destro and the 12" Baroness are both still in stock, however.  Hopefully the Baroness will last a week or so till my bank account catches up with everything I've bought over the last week.  They have about 500 of her in stock right now, doesn't seem like she's a big seller.

Besides the TF2009 there are at least two other 10% codes right now: COMIC2009 and STARWARS10.  I used COMIC2009 on my TF/SW order yesterday.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: July 28, 2009, 10:49 AM »
Ya he sold out yesterday afternoon - but I'm sure more stock will become available....well maybe.  TFW2005 also claims that bktf09 will get you free shipping, but I didn't see that until after I placed my order.

**he's back - looks like less then 400 in this batch.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 02:22 PM by iFett »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: July 29, 2009, 02:15 PM »
Skids & Sreech

I just knew eHobby was going to repaint Encore Skids.  Pretty ugly if you ask me.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: July 29, 2009, 02:43 PM »
I found a repainted movie Sideswipe already.  This was at Target last night.  I forget the name they gave him but it played off of the Sideswipe name IIRC.

My Target store did away with the end caps for both TF and Joe sometime in the last couple of days.  They crammed in the TF stuff that would fit in the normal aisle but I'm sure they had more than would fit, I'm guessing they put it in the back somewhere.

The Joe set in the regular aisle was expanded to accept the end cap merch for the 3.75" line, including the Pit.  They moved out a bunch of the other military figures that had been in there before.

E...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: July 29, 2009, 02:47 PM »
I found a repainted movie Sideswipe already.  This was at Target last night.  I forget the name they gave him but it played off of the Sideswipe name IIRC.

Swerve/red.  Sideway's repaint is black - Deadend.  Saw them last weekend.  They look kinda neat as do the original versions, but I'm just sticking with the HA stuff this time...might get the ice cream truck and toaster though.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 03:13 PM by iFett »

Offline Sugart

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: July 31, 2009, 06:08 PM »
Devastator is out now @ Target or should be next week with the toy resets. He is huge, bigger than the Unicron exclusive from TRU. My son will most likely be getting him tmrw with his b-day money.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: July 31, 2009, 06:19 PM »
I saw Devy the other day and don't really care for the supreme version - never really did, but I'm sure the kiddies will love him.  I might get the mini version next year.  There's a "rumor" out there that G1 devy may be the next combiner release for Encore so that'd be kinda cool if that pans out.

Picked up HA Sideswipe the other day from Target.  Three more to go.  Don't like the price on these, but I don't want to see this line end anytime soon.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 06:37 PM by iFett »

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: August 1, 2009, 01:08 PM »
Picked up Devastator at Target this morning, further destroying my bank account after the Turbo Tank kicked it in the balls earlier this week.  Overall, I'm happy with it and don't regret buying it, but there are points where you can tell Hasbro cut corners.  The deco on all the vehicles is really lackluster and makes you feel like you're playing with a "Fisher Price presents Devastator!" toy, especially Scavenger.  A good, dare I say, "Premium", paint job would really help this set considerably.

Needless to say, I removed the batteries within minutes after transforming them, as Mixmaster goes "VROOMVROOMVROOM" every time you breathe in his general direction.  I'm a little worried about the stability/strength of the leg joints, though, which is why (regrettably) I'm probably going to be leaving him in the individual vehicle modes most of the time to avoid the weight-and-drooping problems. 

Still no sign of Voyager Long Haul or deluxe Arcee and the Ice Cream Twins around here.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: August 1, 2009, 02:21 PM »
I just started seeing the Deluxe Arcee this past week at Target.  I don't think I've seen Long Haul yet, though.  I'll probably be in Target later today and will have to check to see if they have Devastator.  I want to see him, but I won't be buying him.

I think the only Transformer I going to end up with this year is Sideswipe.  I probably should add another Decepticon to the mix but I felt some of the designs this year were kind of lacking.

E...

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: August 2, 2009, 02:32 AM »
No Devastator or Long Haul today.  Still have some Arcee figures, though.  The action figure aisle, other than Joe, has been kind of quite lately.  Maybe after they finish resetting.

Got my ship notice from HTS for my Soundwave, though.  That should be here next week.  Can't wait to get him.
Anyone already have him from SDCC?  Does he meet expectations?

E...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: August 2, 2009, 05:59 PM »
My Soundwave finally shipped yesterday, but no dice on my smiling Luke.  Soundwave should be the same as the Encore version so you should be good to go E.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: August 5, 2009, 06:38 PM »
Costco Exclusives

$76.99 for Devy ain't too shabby.