Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 358855 times)

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #1410 on: March 11, 2010, 09:44 PM »
Does anyone know why Hasbro doesn't re-release the Dinobots?  Seems like a good idea or at least the bootleggers think releasing them is profitable.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: March 12, 2010, 09:35 AM »
Hey Guys,

Hasbro has offered us a chance to ask Transformers Questions would that be something that you guys could help us with questions on?  The current staff is not as into Transformers enough to not ask the wrong stuff.

Sound off in here if you guys think you can come up with 3 or so questions every few months and we will get them asked.

PM

I'm game!
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: March 12, 2010, 02:05 PM »
I'm game as well - I'm not an avid Transformers collector but I do keep an eye on the line from a "what's coming out" stand-point.

My questions would be:

1) Have they considered re-releasing the G1 Dinobots in the Commemorative Edition packaging?
2) What was the motivation behind not offering a Deluxe/Voyager scale ROTF Devastator toy that featured the seven individual robots that could transform both into individual vehicles/robots and also combine to make the larger Devastator. They were able to do it in the TF: Legends scale, so I was a tad disappointed a larger more detailed version never was released. Was it an issue of cost or was the designs from the movie just out-right not possible to replicate accurately?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: March 12, 2010, 02:17 PM »
I'm pretty sure the dinobot molds were lost or destroyed.  Grimlock, Slag, and Snarl were repainted for G2 in 92-93, but that's the last time Has/Tak has ever put them out.  Grimlock is very popular with the fandom so you'd think they'd at least cover him an a reissue/encore, but no dice thus far.  There's some decent knock-offs out there, but I'm personally not holding my breath for anything offical.  Great question though and I'd love to see if they'd actually answer it! 

Did they ever set a price for MP Grimlock?  Not sure if I remember that being mentioned.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #1414 on: March 13, 2010, 12:55 PM »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: March 13, 2010, 10:17 PM »
I picked up my last loose Swoop just as the bootlegs began to show up.  Now I would be concerned about buying loose Dinobots because who knows what's original or replacement parts.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: March 14, 2010, 11:59 AM »
Hey Guys,

Hasbro has offered us a chance to ask Transformers Questions would that be something that you guys could help us with questions on?  The current staff is not as into Transformers enough to not ask the wrong stuff.

Sound off in here if you guys think you can come up with 3 or so questions every few months and we will get them asked.

PM

YES PLEASE!

I can readily think up questions. Just let me know when you need them by and to who I submit the questions to. Or should I ask them in this thread, or should we start a TF QnA thread.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: March 14, 2010, 03:44 PM »
I picked up my last loose Swoop just as the bootlegs began to show up.

He's the last dinobot I need to pick up and may just bite on the bootleg just because I've heard he's a quality piece, but I prefer the "pureness" of Has/Tak personally. 

Now I would be concerned about buying loose Dinobots because who knows what's original or replacement parts.

LOTS of bootlegs out there now so ya - you need to be very careful on what you're looking/bidding at....I've even heard rumblings of a FortMax bootleg - which would still probably cost a small fortune even if it's not officially licensed.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: March 19, 2010, 01:14 AM »
Saw the black leader Megs repaint tonight and was VERY tempted on him - especially at $35, but still sticking to my HA movie only rule.  Looks like there's another leader Prime coming out with battle hooks and he'll be leader Screamer's casemate....ya no thanks.  Found HA Barricade a month or so ago and it looks like the other HA twin is floating around at retail as well.

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: March 19, 2010, 06:33 AM »
Tons of those Perceptors and Insecticons warming the TRU I stopped at the other day.  I holding off on these until they go on clearance.  Too bad these are selling or they made too many because that may limit the future offerings.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: March 21, 2010, 01:55 PM »
Just a very time-sensitive heads-up:  Toys R Us is having a one-day sale (Sunday 03/21/2010) on with a "Buy One, Get One 50%" on Transformers toys.  Might be a good time to get those Insecticons and Perceptor for a bit cheaper.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: March 22, 2010, 05:46 PM »
Broke my movie rule and picked up Devy at Kmart yesterday for $40.  Clearanced at $80 and 50% off that....Just couldn't resist.  Seems like a better deal than the EZ version even though the limbs don't fully transform, but ya...He's going to take up a lot of space.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: March 26, 2010, 01:47 PM »
This is kinda cheesy...

HASBRO “ROLLS OUT” TRANSFORMERS HALL OF FAME
TRANSFORMERS Fans Will Participate in Selecting One Robot for the Class of 2010

Pawtucket, R.I. (March 26, 2010) — After more than 25 years of “MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE” action, Hasbro (NYSE: HAS) is announcing the TRANSFORMERS Hall of Fame that will honor both “ROBOTS IN DISGUISE” and those influential in creating and building this iconic entertainment brand.

Heroic AUTOBOTS OPTIMUS PRIME and BUMBLEBEE, as well as evil DECEPTICONS MEGATRON and STARSCREAM, will be the first robots honored with admission as chosen by Hasbro’s TRANSFORMERS Hall of Fame internal panel of judges. TRANSFORMERS fans around the world will determine a fifth robot to join the inaugural class via voting on the Transformers.com website starting on Monday, May 10, 2010. The winning robot will be revealed Saturday night, June 26, 2010 in Orlando, FL at the annual TRANSFORMERS convention known as “BotCon” when the entire Class of 2010 will be officially inducted.

“The TRANSFORMERS Hall of Fame celebrates a global entertainment property that has sparked the imagination of millions of kids over the past 26 years and remains one of the world’s most iconic brands,” said Greg Lombardo, senior director of marketing for TRANSFORMERS. “Starting in 2010, Hasbro will annually honor fans’ most-loved characters from the world of CYBERTRON as well as those individuals who have helped shape a brand that has spawned an army of popular action figures, multiple animated series and two blockbuster live action movies that set worldwide box office records.”

First introduced in 1984 by Hasbro and Takara as a toy line, the TRANSFORMERS brand
has provided kids with hours of MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE fun with their action figures that convert from robot to vehicles and back again. Legions of boys around the world grew up creating fantastic adventures and battles set on both the planet CYBERTRON and Earth that featured the “good-guy” AUTOBOTS and the “bad-guy” DECEPTICONS. Since then, more than 7500 robots have been introduced and are now eligible to earn a slot in the TRANSFORMERS Hall of Fame’s inaugural class.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: March 26, 2010, 02:36 PM »
7500?  That seems high.  Are there really that many unique TF characters?

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1424 on: March 26, 2010, 04:00 PM »
Just a note that Jedi (Cybertron?) Defender is in on the Q&A, so if you've got questions on this line, we're interested in them for the next round (which is a ways off).

Thanks guys.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77