Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 358778 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #1440 on: May 24, 2010, 10:28 AM »
Life!  My TRU seems to have given up on restocking TFA, but I had to resort to Scum for a hookup on Arcee.

Still no sign of HA Mudflap around here, and that one's starting to worry me a bit, what with the line relaunch coming relatively soon.  It's been perpetually out of stock at HTS.com, too.   :-\

I'm worried about him as well.  He's been out for about two months or so and I haven't found him yet.  Not that this line is popular at $30 a pop so it's kind of surprising to say the least.

There are several on eBay, but I'm not paying the $45-60 people are starting the bids off at. Hasbro really dropped the ball on this one.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: June 3, 2010, 07:55 PM »
Looks like the new Generations and PowerCore stuff has been hitting Australia so hopefully we're not too far behind.  Still not 100% sold on the combiner stuff, but really looking forward to Drift, Red Alert, and of course Thrust.

Broke my rule and picked up black leader Megs tonight for $30.  I've been eyeballing him eversince he came out and 3 free dlx figures was too hard to pass up from Hasbro.  Of course I'll probably end up with 3 Wheelies, but no worries...More for Toys for Tots.   :)

There are several on eBay, but I'm not paying the $45-60 people are starting the bids off at. Hasbro really dropped the ball on this one.

I may have to take that route since he's not coming in any revisions.  I don't think I've ever had to resort to eBay for a general release - well outside of Arcee who I acquired via Scum.   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: June 3, 2010, 08:38 PM »
Exactly what Mudflap is this?  Is it something I can be looking out for for you guys?

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: June 4, 2010, 09:59 AM »
Exactly what Mudflap is this?  Is it something I can be looking out for for you guys?

E...

Human Alliance Mudflap  If you can keep your eyes open for us that'd be cool, but no big deal.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: June 4, 2010, 02:46 PM »

E...

Human Alliance Mudflap  If you can keep your eyes open for us that'd be cool, but no big deal.

My gawd, for the heck of it I looked this up on eBay and all the ones listed are coming from overseas, like Malaysia and Hong Kong. Starting at $45, with $25 shipping.

Ridiculous. I want one of these as well, but no way I'm paying that. Hasbro really is screwing up with that particular toy. I can't see how some shelves are fairly barren of Human Alliance Transformers, yet we haven't seen Mudflap hit at retail. Certainly nowhere near me in Pittsburgh.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1445 on: June 10, 2010, 07:21 PM »
Hasbro Transformers Q&A Returned to us tonight...

-What's the deal with Red Rampage?

-Give us some hints how you start design work on a Transformer and how it transforms as a toy?

All this and nothing more on the front page of Jedi Defender (Cybertron Defender?)!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: June 21, 2010, 07:58 PM »
Looks like MP Grimmy is hopefully slated to be in store on 07/01  Anyone ever order from KOtoys.com?  Lots of neat stuff on there...KOLD Classics Optimus & Screamer in gold/clear look very interesting....Been eyeballing that site for a few months, but always leary about buying stuff from overseas for some reason.  Some of the KO ALTs/Binal seem pretty cool as well.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1447 on: June 22, 2010, 11:24 PM »
Transformers Q&A is due Monday, 6/28, so if you've got any burning questions, drop a note in here...  I'm not a TF guy, so I always appreciate being steered in a direction at least. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: June 24, 2010, 09:04 PM »
Not much action on the QnA so I'll drop one.

The new generations line seems to be a continuation of Classics and Universe, which represented not only G1 remakes, but incorperated other generations as well such as Beast Wars and Armada. Would you ever consider releasing new characters from Animated under the Generations banner?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: June 25, 2010, 01:16 PM »
Pretty.........

Glad I didn't fork over ungodly amounts of money for the Botcon version a few years back.  I just hope he's not a WM exclusive.  x2 for me please.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: June 25, 2010, 01:36 PM »
Speaking of Botcon, any JD members there?  I've seen some reports from the show, including the exclusives and souvenirs but was wondering if we'd have any reports here. 

I could go check out one of the dedicated TF sites but...eh.  I'm not that interested.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: June 25, 2010, 04:15 PM »
Cool - it looks to have all six of the Seacons - I already have a complete set of them. I always wanted one of the God Neptune repaints and I totally missed the repaints that came out to the club a couple years back.

I may have to dig out my Piranacon set and see if it's worth grabbing this one or not. Looks like it has the exact same paint scheme as the classic G1 release, but I guess that's the point.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1452 on: June 26, 2010, 03:33 PM »
Sign me up for a Seacon set.  :) Maybe, Hasbro will be awesome enough to someday offer Predaking like Takara did some years ago.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: June 26, 2010, 05:03 PM »
I never owned any form of these guys and I guess he was originally released in 88 when I was still really into this line, but I don't seem to remember him from back then for some reason, but I love me some G1 goodness!!  I guess he's supposed to be released at SDCC and will be available at HTS afterwards - or so the previous rumors say.  Haven't bothered with the TF sites today, but I hope all the stands and little guns are included in this set.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1454 on: June 27, 2010, 02:28 AM »
I had one piece of the Seacons- Tentakill. I also had Sinnertwin, who was part of the Horrorcons. They were pretty useless without the other pieces.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk