Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 358847 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #1530 on: November 29, 2010, 10:24 AM »
It got me thinking, though: did anybody ever have a toy back in the G1 days that was actually a "spy" (i.e. an Autobot character with a Decepticon rubsign, or vice versa)?  I vaguely remember a TV commercial where it implied that some toys did, indeed, have the "wrong" faction logo, but I never had one that fell into this category, nor did I know anyone else who did.  Autobots were always Autobots and Decepticons were always Decepticons.

Punch/Counterpunch 

There were also minibot toy "spys" packed in with the small guys like Seaspray/Powerglide, but they weren't in the show.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1531 on: December 4, 2010, 08:00 PM »
Scored an MP Skywarp at TJ Maxx for $30. Not too shabby, and I'm glad to have it. I also saw a bunch of HA Barricades and Bumblebees for $20.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: December 5, 2010, 10:03 AM »
I know this isn't exactly a thread for the cartoon, but has anyone been watching the new "Transformers Prime" toon on the Hub?  I've only seen the first four (of the five part mini), but I was pleasantly surprised.  I probably enjoyed it the most I have of any of the toons since Gen 1.  From the advertisements they run during the show, sounds like the regular series starts up in February.  Kind of nice to have decent new shoes of G.I. Joe and Transformers running again, reminds me of the good old days :). (Plus, the reruns of the "good old days" at night are nice too).

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: December 22, 2010, 11:21 AM »
I found a Human Alliance Stealth Sideswipe last night at Wal*Mart. Really nice colors. Black with some silver trim and purple windows. Comes with Mikaela.

A bit pricey, but I really dig the colors. I haven't opened it yet. I'll take some pics both unopened and open to show.

I didn't know about or expect this one. So it was nice to round the corner to the toy aisle and find it.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: December 22, 2010, 03:08 PM »
BBTS just put up a preorder for Generations Thundercracker   8)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: December 22, 2010, 03:45 PM »
Picked up Jazz from the Reveal the Shield line at K-Mart last night. He's great. Now to track down Tracks.  ;D

Edit- Found Tracks last night at Kohl's for $10 and some change. They got in like five cases of the new adjectiveless line, so it might be worth checking out if you can brave Kohl's today.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 12:44 PM by inadvertent imitation »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: December 24, 2010, 01:22 PM »
Thundercracker and Wheeljack revealed! And, a preorder.

Loving this wave.  :)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: December 27, 2010, 10:53 AM »

Punch/Counterpunch 

There were also minibot toy "spys" packed in with the small guys like Seaspray/Powerglide, but they weren't in the show.

Yeah, I knew about those; I had a little yellow one that was, IIRC, a motorized pullback car.  Very simple transformation (the flip legs and pull out arms with the head just a detail on the undercarriage), but it was nice to have a pack-in item that was functional and fun rather than just taking up space (see "Galactic Battle Card Game and Die Included!"). 

What I was referring to were regular, normally-identified as Autobot/Decepticon characters who came with a rubsign for the other side (i.e. getting a Soundwave whose rubsign revealed an Autobot logo, or a Prowl whose rubsign revealed a Decepticon logo).  I always thought it would be pretty neat to get one like that, and I'm halfway hoping that one of the newer RTS toys will work out that way.

And hoo-*******-rah thank you Jebus on the upcoming Thundercracker in the Generations line.  I just hope that it actually hits retail, given that it's coming out so close to the new movie toys which, based on the UNIDENTIFIED DECEPTICON TANKER TRUCK and Ironhide toys, aren't looking so hot this time around.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: December 27, 2010, 01:11 PM »
I'm pretty sure Punch/Counterpunch had one of each rub symbols, but that's about all I can think of.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 08:07 AM by iFett »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: December 29, 2010, 02:15 PM »
Picked up the Battle in Spaaaaaaaaace set this morning at Target.  Came out just in time for my Protector armor.  Now I don't have to tear apart my storage unit to look for my Classics Roddy.   :)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: January 2, 2011, 12:43 PM »
With 15 bucks in coupons and absolutely nothing new showing up at TRU, I picked up the ROTF Voyager Bludgeon yesterday (for just over 5 bucks), and it's okay for that price.  I try to stay away from Bayformer toys that weren't actually in the films, but given his resemblance to both the G1 character and the IDW-era post-Pretender-fusion version of the character, I bit the bullet.  Like I said, it's worth 5 bucks.

I also picked up Straxus at Wal-Mart and am much more impressed with him.  I barely remember him in the old Marvel comics (wasn't it just a background appearance?), and my only real knowledge is from the new IDW stuff with the first Ark crew, but he's a cool toy.  I also like the head, which looks silly and is, thus, very entertaining to me.  And, hey, big ass ax thing!

Target didn't do their reset this morning, so no luck on Voyager RTS Lugnut or Scout Windcharger.  I'm also still coming up completely empty handed on the ROTF Human Alliance Mudflap front, so if anyone is reading this who can help me out for a decent price, please PM me.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: January 8, 2011, 04:48 PM »
I had what is, at least to me, a major find earlier today at a Ross store.  I had gone in to check on those Joe deluxe sets for a friend of mine (no luck), but I did see and purchase that elusive red Rampage from the ROTF movie line.  I'd never even seen the remnants of that case assortment in stores, so to find the one character I wanted to begin with was a huge deal to me.  So, once I finally get the Human Alliance Mudflap, I can close the door on old TF collection holes. :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: January 10, 2011, 02:13 PM »
I picked up my first Transformer in quite some time this weekend, when I found Jazz at a local Target.  I think its a really nice figure, and it fits in great with the handful of others I have from the Classics/Universe lines.  I'm pretty psyched for that upcoming Wheeljack as well, always one of my favorites as a kid.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: January 10, 2011, 02:48 PM »
I haven't messed with my Jazz yet - just the speakers, but this is the first time I'm thinking of buying a Tak/Tomy version to replace...I dig the gleaming white and those bling bling rims.

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: January 22, 2011, 03:05 PM »
Recently bought those WFC fellas. Very cool models and I've seen some wicked custom repaints of these as well.