Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 358783 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #1650 on: October 3, 2012, 08:39 PM »
I've ALWAYS had a $200 rule for any toy, but for Fort Max this rule will be broken. 

Oh and a local hooked me up with Prime today too!

Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1651 on: October 4, 2012, 02:23 AM »
Yeah, $350 is far and away more than I ever spent on one item, but hell, it's Fort Max.

And MP Prime is out already? Crap. I was going to hit TRU tomorrow looking for those Generations dudes (Springer and Wheelie) but I might end up with that.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: October 4, 2012, 02:58 AM »
Fort Max  :o  I am thinking about it

Crap MP Prime out now.  Hey Ben can you text me if they have any ?  Thanks

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: October 5, 2012, 09:19 AM »
Fort Max down to $329 now.  Not a huge savings, but $20 is $20.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: November 10, 2012, 11:40 PM »
Saw the Masterpiece Optimus todat at TRU and holy **** is that an incredible looking toy.  I had it in my hands twice trying to decide if I should buy it or not.  Finally passed but they had BOGOHO on TF Deluxe figures and they had a Prime FE Vehicon in stock so I snagged that an a Generations Shockwave.

But, man...if I run into the MP Prime next time I'm at TRU I may not be able to walk out without him.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: November 13, 2012, 07:11 PM »
Mine had them in when I was there in the morning before work, I was hesitant like you and decided to pass. While at work, I changed my mind and went back after I got out of the office - unfortunately, they totally sold out in just one day.

Oh well - I didn't "need" it - so I guess that's what the universe was confirming for me...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: November 13, 2012, 07:36 PM »
I bought the last MP Thundercracker from the same TRU a month or so ago and they had more when I was there this weekend.  Optimus will probably be back if you really want it.  I plan on stopping at a different TRU next Wed on the way home for Thanksgiving.  See if I can resist or not, if I find it.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: November 13, 2012, 09:23 PM »
I bought the last MP Thundercracker from the same TRU a month or so ago and they had more when I was there this weekend.  Optimus will probably be back if you really want it.  I plan on stopping at a different TRU next Wed on the way home for Thanksgiving.  See if I can resist or not, if I find it.

E...

I was worried about finding TC at first, but I have seem him overstocked at multiple TRUs now.  I sure wish they would get more MP figures there.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: November 14, 2012, 09:31 AM »
Optimus is kinda hard to find from what I hear.  Shame they raised his price by $20 but still a good deal compared to the official MP.  I've been getting spammed by TRU probably getting 3-4 emails per day.  I'm sure I missed some deals in there, but oh well.

Soundwave & friends, Sideswipe, and Red Alert will likely be at TRU sometime next year.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: November 14, 2012, 11:55 AM »
Are you talking about the same MP Soundwave that stores like BBTS have pre-orders for at $200?  I thought that was going to be online only?

E...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: November 14, 2012, 12:05 PM »
He's a high-priced import right now like all Takara/Tomy MPs are so yes if you want that version you're going to pay through the nose.  A lot of the locals I chat with on tfw are pretty upset they paid $250 for MP10 (Prime) then he hits the states for $100-$120.  I'd be pissed too. 

Judging by how well TRU Grimlock, Rodimus, and Prime have sold it's kind of a no-brainer that they'll follow suit as all of the last few MPs have except the Starscream remold, but at least we got TC out of that deal so I'm okay with that.

Also Soundwave doesn't have the popularity with Asian TF fans for some reason (forgot where I read that article) but he's huge over here and the G1 version has been re-issued several times already over here and always sells out.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: November 14, 2012, 12:26 PM »
Thanks for posting that Mike.  I've been toying with that MP Soundwave from Big Bad for a while, but I can wait a year to save $100 or more. 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: November 14, 2012, 12:57 PM »
Yeah, thanks for the info.  Since I don't collect TF full time, it's really hard to keep track of everything.  I don't think there's a toy collecting hobby that's more dense, convoluted and hard to follow than Transformers.  With Takara stuff, Hasbro stuff, movie lines, shifting non-movie lines, animated lines, scales, overseas exclusives, store exclusives...  I'd drive myself ******* nuts trying to follow that.  As it is, I just buy what I like but sometimes it’s hard to figure out what’s coming where and when and if I should buy now or wait, like with the MP Soundwave.

Star Wars and GI Joe are pretty straightforward in comparison, much easier to follow from a collecting standpoint.

E...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: November 14, 2012, 05:28 PM »
It is quite a bit to keep on top of.  Especially some of the really nice 3rd party stuff and to a lesser extent some of the high quality ko's that are out there - even some 3rd party ko's I've had my eye on.  Seedy yes, but ya.  There's all that stuff too besides official releases.

I don't collect everything TF - can't...would be in the poor house, but it is nice to pick and choose.

Agreed that SW and Joes are a little easier to follow....

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: February 9, 2013, 01:39 PM »
Looks like there will be a new Generations line for the 30th anniversary.  But what scale?