Community > Other Toy Lines

Transformers

<< < (340/352) > >>

iFett:
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/items-sale-trade/

I'd recommend the search tools or you'll likely waste lots of time.

There's a few others but this one is the Rebelscum of Transformers.  I've only dealt with the locals though..

Brian:
I have what is probably a stupid Transformers question, but thought I would come to the experts.  There just seems to be so many lines out there (past and present), and it is tough for me to keep it all straight.  I followed the 80s toon, had some Transformers as a kid - and a few more as an adult - but can't keep track of all the rest overall.  Anyways...my question...

One of the things I always wanted to do as a kid, and now, was to pick up the original dinobots.  I had Slag (the triceratops, my favorite), but had always hoped to get Grimlock, Sludge, Swoop, and Snarl as well.  Anyways, I was wondering what would be the best route for these?  I know that Grimlock has come out a few different ways, but are any of these coming out in some sort of vintage re-release or similar anytime soon (or maybe have in the past?).  Am I best off just trying to piece the actual vintage toys together?

I haven't picked up Transformers stuff for awhile now, aside from one of the re-released Primes and Sideswipe (another childhood favorite), and prior to that some of the Classics (or Classics styled) stuff.  I do have the Grimlock from that line, but was sort of starting to lean more towards the vintage (or re-released) stuff.  I can't afford to do a lot of Transformers, but always loved the dinobots as a kid and wanted to pick up the original four to five from the tv series.  Anyways, thanks again, any advice is appreciated.

JediJman:
A lot of the transformers stuff gets reproduced or knocked off by some 3rd party.  If you want the original styles, I would go with the reissues.  You can buy all five on Amazon for about $300 boxed. 
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/ol/B009VLYCWG/ref=mw_dp_buy_opt?

You might be able to find a deal on another site or Ebay, but $300 is pretty good.  You could also go with WST Dinobots for about $100.  These are 4-5" versions of the original toys with similar look and transformations.  If you have patience and really want to upgrade, there are a few 3rd party companies making 12-15" Masterpiece editions that have incredible detail.  These are just starting to hit but search for FT Scoria to see pictures.  These will probably end up costing $800 to $900, but will take a good year to roll them.all out, so you have some time to get your finances in order. 

Hope that helps!

Ben:
Oh man does this look cool...

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11771&mode=retail

MP-22 Ultra Magnus. I always loathed the G1 toy (brick!), but this looks like it will make up for those shortcomings.

JediJman:
I'm not sold on Magnus yet, but I'm liking him more and more.  This is the guy that everyone's talking about on the boards though...

Jetfire

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version