Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 358810 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #1710 on: June 20, 2014, 02:28 PM »
Not a fan of the hideous movie bots.  If this was a redo of the G1 figures, I would be in trouble...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1711 on: November 23, 2014, 08:14 PM »
TRU is running a 20% off sale on all Transformers this week. My local store restocked Masterpiece Prowl, so I picked him up for $55. Closer to what I think these are actually worth, so that was great. Was Sideswipe supposed to drop this year too, or did he get pushed back?
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: November 24, 2014, 11:34 AM »
I'm quite content with my $35 ko MP cars personally (I love kittens though)  I don't believe any other MPs are coming to TRU until next year.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1713 on: February 12, 2015, 01:41 PM »
Today's Daily Deal at Entertainment Earth is 40% off a selection of Kre-O Transformers stuff in case anyone was still interested in these...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: February 13, 2015, 07:06 PM »
Titan Devastator!

Titan Devastator is expected to retail for $149.99 and will feature all six Constructicons transforming and combining into the "largest Combiner Transformer ever".

:o

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: February 13, 2015, 10:48 PM »
Largest combiner or largest "official" combiner?  I'd like to see how it stacks up against Warbot's Bruticus.  If it looks similar, I'm all in, especially at that price.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: February 15, 2015, 03:52 PM »
I'm sure they meant "official." The back of the box said this is 18" tall, and weren't all the third party ones about two feet tall when combined? But it's better than forking over $600 for one of those.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: February 16, 2015, 03:26 PM »
I'm sure they meant "official." The back of the box said this is 18" tall, and weren't all the third party ones about two feet tall when combined? But it's better than forking over $600 for one of those.

Actually I think Bruticus is only 16" tall to the head, 18" to the top of his stacks, so would fit perfectly with this.  I wonder how the individual bots stack up though.  I ordered Warbotron A (Not-Bruticus) and am loving the Combaticons as individual figs.  I'll probably display them as a team versus combined, but if Devy is the same size, he is definitely a welcome addition, especially at 25% the cost of 3P figures. 

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: March 13, 2015, 11:54 PM »
The Leader class Jetfire is available on Hasbro Toy Shop's eBay store for $22. I had to pick it up for that price. Also, the Generations Nightbeat is on sale for $7.50.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: March 15, 2015, 06:05 PM »
Those are good prices, but if it's not MP it's dead to me.   ;)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1720 on: April 21, 2015, 10:28 AM »
Today's Daily Deal at Entertainment Earth is 50% off a selection of Kre-O Transformers stuff in case anyone was still interested in these...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: April 21, 2015, 02:55 PM »
Those are some great prices.  I'm all caught up on KREO though.   :(

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Soundwave turned into a iPad
« Reply #1722 on: April 6, 2016, 11:02 AM »
Xiaomi and Hasbro gave Soundwave, the Transformers robot that can turn into a microcasette recorder, a makeover fit for the new era. The two teamed up to create a tablet that unfolds into a shiny 190mm version of the Decepticon. Xiaomi's international division VP Hugo Barra said on Facebook that his team "worked really hard to ensure that [its] color, details and feel are exactly the same as" the Mi Pad 2. You'll need to be a bit of a puzzle lover to enjoy assembling and disassembling it, since it takes 30 steps to each time to do so, but that just makes it more fun to play with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtGCjXSVmxw
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: September 3, 2017, 08:53 PM »
Looking for some advice from the Transformers experts here. I've recently been going through my collections and doing some purging and sort of refocusing on what I want to collect. Through looking at all my toys and watching YouTube videos like retro lasting it has reminded me of why I got into a Star Wars and all the rest of this: vintage stuff.

Anyways, along that line I have sold off the majority of my modern Transformers (which wasn't a ton), with an eye on focusing on getting some of my favorites from childhood in either G1 form or a reissue. My first goal, and this might be down the road a bit with Last Jedi stuff ramping up, is getting a set of the original 5 dinobots. I've just started looking around eBay a bit, and I'm wondering if there is anything I should look out for. Some of the prices seem a little lower than expected so I didn't know if there were repro things, etc. out there. I don't necessarily care if it is a reissue or "commemorative" toy, that is what my Prime is, but I'd like it to be authentic beyond that. Thank you for any advice.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: September 9, 2017, 07:44 PM »
There's been a LOT of knockoff G1 Transformers getting out in the market last 5-10 years. The Dinobots are arguably the most common ones to be found, next to the combiners. Be cautious of sellers on ebay selling MISB specimens- the bootleggers making these even went so far as to recreate the original Hasbro packaging. I bought one, Shockwave, and it's a really neat piece, but has a bit of that knockoff feel to it. Neat boxed collectible, though.

http://highendtfs.com/?q=node/17#Grimlock- A handy guide outlining the differences between genuine and knockoff. It's pretty overwhelming exhaustive.

Of course, the easiest way to tell is usually price- a single genuine loose Dinobot is over $100, and you can score a set of five knockoffs for $200.