Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 360243 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #285 on: April 9, 2007, 11:40 AM »
What are the Botcon exclusives and how costly will they be for us to get ?

$329.00 - that should stop you in your tracks right there.  There's no pics yet, but the set includes the remaining seekers - Thrust, Ramjet, Thundercracker, Bugbite (Bumblee repaint), and Dreadwind (Jetfire repaint)

Stooooopid Hasbro.  That's $60 of toys....I understand that fact that exclusives should be a bit more expensive than the normal stuff, but this is just off the wall + they're denying their core fanbase as they know that we all wanted a complete set of seekers and most of us won't pay that much.

All re-rapes paints in a fancy schamancy box.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #286 on: April 9, 2007, 12:29 PM »
Guess I'm done then. lol.

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 9, 2007, 04:15 PM »
The $329 is the same price they charge for attending the convention.  They always do this at least for the GI Joe Con they also put on.  The price also includes admission to the con, seminars, snacks, dinner, etc.  Unfortunately, they also charge the same amount for not attending and you don't get the extra toy they give out if you show up in person. 

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #288 on: April 11, 2007, 01:57 AM »
Ordered an MP-05 Megatron and an unmodified #6 TFC reissue Megatron from TFsource.com just now. Apparently, even though the pictures featured there have a plugged barrel, the plug isn't glued in, and judging by this thread at Seiberton. just pops right out. So I decided to take a chance with them, since the options for this Megatron are a little limited on these shores unless I wanted to lay out nearly $180 for an unmodified one on ebay.

I bought the reissue Megatron just because one day I'm going to own the entire TFC collection. Plus that morningstar accessory. Gotta have that.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 11, 2007, 09:35 AM »
Post pics when you can.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 11, 2007, 05:46 PM »
Ordered an MP-05 Megatron and an unmodified #6 TFC reissue Megatron from TFsource.com just now. Apparently, even though the pictures featured there have a plugged barrel, the plug isn't glued in, and judging by this thread at Seiberton. just pops right out. So I decided to take a chance with them, since the options for this Megatron are a little limited on these shores unless I wanted to lay out nearly $180 for an unmodified one on ebay.

I bought the reissue Megatron just because one day I'm going to own the entire TFC collection. Plus that morningstar accessory. Gotta have that.  :)

Thanks for the tip on MP Megs II!!  $105 shipped is not a bad deal at all for him especially since he can be plug free.  I already have the original Takara reissue of Megs from a few years back so I suggest you open him first before you open the Masterpiece.  Disappointed you will be.   ;)  But hey, you'll still have the nostalgia thing going.

Oh, I finally finished out my TF DVD collection with Season 3: Box Set - Part 2/Season 4 and it only cost me pinch over $100 shipped.   ::)  I'm not sure why, but that's the only season I skipped back when they were in print.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 06:10 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 11, 2007, 10:38 PM »
I have the D-16 reissue from a few years back too, I just couldn't resist the newer one.  ;D I'll say that G1 Megatron is one of the most overhyped TFs ever, since he's pretty lame as a toy.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 11, 2007, 10:42 PM »
I noticed that TFsource is sold out of Megatron, and I haven't gotten a confirmation email from them yet.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 11, 2007, 10:50 PM »
TakaraTomy to reissue G1 TFs again

Whee! Here's a chance to get a minty-fresh Prime with long smokestacks.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 12, 2007, 09:31 AM »
I noticed that TFsource is sold out of Megatron, and I haven't gotten a confirmation email from them yet.

Crap was just gonna order it...

Ok, what do you guys think of these pieces?

Revotech Megatron

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 12, 2007, 12:50 PM »

That sucks!!   >:(  Hopefully you still got your foot in the door though!  :)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 12, 2007, 01:08 PM »
It doesn't seem like it. Still no email from them, but I didn't use Paypal, instead I used my credit card, so I assume I'm lower on the list.

I still have it on order at BBTS, even though it's modded.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 12, 2007, 06:05 PM »
Ok, what do you guys think of these pieces?

Revotech Megatron

That Meg looks awesome and $25 feels about right. Wish he was a little bigger to match 30 Anniversary Prime though...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 13, 2007, 02:30 AM »
My MP-05 is on its way from BBTS. I only live a state away, so it should be here before the end of next week.

I'm going to try to remove the plug. They have a pic on their site that has a completely different look to it than the other modded ones we've seen, and they keep saying theirs is glued in. I guess it's a 50/50 chance here.

Haven't heard back from TFsource. I find that odd. Not like it matters now, since my $110 is already spent.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 13, 2007, 10:56 AM »
My MP-05 is on its way from BBTS. I only live a state away, so it should be here before the end of next week.

I live 30 minutes from BBTS  ;D  I used to actually live across the street in a condo development.  Sadly, they won't let you pick up anything from them directly at the store and sadly I still get raped on shipping fees, so sadly - I refuse to buy from them.

Let us know how it goes with the plug.