Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 358799 times)

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers toys
« Reply #30 on: July 4, 2004, 06:50 PM »
Not sure if this is newsworthy, but Target has Unicron on sale for $19.99 right now.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 6, 2004, 01:45 AM »
Saw recently at a Target, 20th Anniversary Primes on clearance for $48.98 (down from $69.99). I passed on it as I didn't have $50 to burn, but if you're looking for a cheaper Prime, it may not hurt to check out the local Targets.
I've never seen the fig at a Target and my Walmart has them for $63 and change. I would love to find this thing at a good sale price.

I'd also like a couple World's Smallest TFs.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 7, 2004, 11:43 AM »
I caved and finally bought the 20th Anniversary Optimus.  Thankfully it was at WalMart, so I got a decent deal.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 1, 2004, 05:04 PM »
Finally saw a new Alternator at the store today. It was Silverstreak, one of 'em on the shelf amidst dozens and dozens of Sideswipes and Smokescreens (hmm, all of them are "SS" names, what does it mean?). I wandered around holding him for a while, but in the end didn't bite. I will say if he had come out the same time as Smokescreen I probably would've picked up BlueSilverstreak instead. The silver paint job looks much more like a real car (not glaringly plastic) and I think I prefer the "street edition."

(Who am I kidding, someday I'll own it, but not today...)

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 2, 2004, 03:12 AM »
I put Prime on layaway at Wally's. What the hell, I'll get it out for my birthday. :)

Also found a tiny Prime at Comic Con, and I think it's really neat. I was disappointed when I finally saw these in person because naively, I thought they were exact scaled down replicas of the G1 TFs. That would be a bit much to hope for. Anyway, they're really cool. I'd sure like the trailer, but a chase item that sells around $50? I don't think so. :-X

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2004, 12:07 AM »
Well I wasn't aware of this, but the next 2 Alternators have been released, Tracks (Corvette Z06) and Meister (Mazda RX-8). I picked them up tonight, and they are great looking figures, my only complaints would be that Tracks legs are very rigid which does not allow for a good pose range, while Meister's head is limited in movement due to the design of the chest. Otherwise, these are the best Alternators yet!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #36 on: November 3, 2004, 07:28 PM »
I finally saw Hound tonight, but I didn't pick it up.
Not sure if I want this one or the Decepticon version, which is painted yellow.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Bob Crane

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Austria!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2004, 12:42 PM »
FYI-

Here's a must-have for die-hard Transformers fans: Jive's Transformers First Series Complete! Packed with full-color photos and screen shots, "biographies" of the various 'bots, and tons of other information, this little volume packs quite the punch! Don't miss out; it's in stock and shipping!

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?JIV76036

"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of State and corporate power."   -Benito Mussolini

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2004, 12:32 AM »
Nice.

Now to learn Japanese so I can comprehend the book. ;)

I also noticed my local TRU has drastically lowered the prices on G1 reissues. I picked up Inferno for $13. I wanted to get Rodimus Prime, Dirge, Skids, and Tracks, but they were gone locally already.

Strangely, Prowl and Smokescreen are $20. It's weird.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2005, 02:51 PM »
Couple of quick questions....

1) Has anyone seen the Decepticon repain of Meister - the purple RX-8 Shockblast yet? I've found Battle Ravage and I thought they were to come out in the same case assortment but I must be mistaken.

2) Does anyone know a place online where I could pick up Tracks (#5)? I tried looking at Shoppertron and every place listed there is out of stock. eBay doesn't turn up anything other than the Yellow Japanese version. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 02:55 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2005, 03:10 AM »

1) Has anyone seen the Decepticon repain of Meister - the purple RX-8 Shockblast yet? I've found Battle Ravage and I thought they were to come out in the same case assortment but I must be mistaken.

As far as I know the purple RX-8 Shockblast (aka Shockwave) will be coming out in a spring assortment that includes the repaint Mustang, Wheeljack. Ravage came in the assortment that included Grimlock (silver Mustang), Windcharger (red S2000), and Swindle (yellow Wrangler). I found that set last weekend, and picked up the Grimlock, who kicks all sorts of ass, once you're able to get him transformed. He's the most difficult Alternator to transform yet.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Bob Crane

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Austria!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2005, 10:26 AM »
"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of State and corporate power."   -Benito Mussolini

Offline Aucassin

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2005, 01:52 AM »
As far as I know the purple RX-8 Shockblast (aka Shockwave) will be coming out in a spring assortment that includes the repaint Mustang, Wheeljack. Ravage came in the assortment that included Grimlock (silver Mustang), Windcharger (red S2000), and Swindle (yellow Wrangler). I found that set last weekend, and picked up the Grimlock, who kicks all sorts of ass, once you're able to get him transformed. He's the most difficult Alternator to transform yet.

Grimlock, Swindle and Windcharger (mostly the last two) have been showing up around here together for the last couple of months, but I never saw Ravage until last week. I found him with Wheeljack and Shockblast at Wal-Mart. I should have put them on layaway!  >:(

Offline 10incher

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Action Figure Archive
« Reply #43 on: June 2, 2005, 10:53 AM »
Yep, love the G1s. I have a near complete collection of loose G1 Transformers up to 1987. ;D
Visit www.action-figures.ca the 70s & 80s action figure guide, online store & forums. Discuss, buy, sell & trade vintage figures.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 7, 2005, 06:09 PM »
Looks like Star Convoy is set to be released by Takara this September.  This is good news as there's still hope I'll eventually get my Overlord as well.  Orion Pax is also being released as a repainted Targetmaster Kup which looks kinda lame.  I thought I'd bump this to see if anyone else here cares about the reissues.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN