Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 360179 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Transformers
« Reply #330 on: April 27, 2007, 12:40 AM »
Thrust

Dammit, they even went to the trouble of giving him retooled wings. Now I really want this set. I suppose if I wasn't moving in a month or hadn't bought Masterpiece Megatron, I would have sprung for the set.

Well, Hasbro and (possibly) TRU missed the boat on a pretty great exclusive set by only offering these Seekers at Botcon.

In happier news, I got a TFC reissue Perceptor in the mail today from ebay. I've wanted this guy for twenty years, and it's great to finally own it.  ;D
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #331 on: April 27, 2007, 09:09 AM »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 30, 2007, 12:48 PM »
Alternators: Life after movie?

I hope so. I almost bought the Kiss Players Rodimus last fall, and here it is, hopefully coming stateside.

Though I desperately hope it's not a WM exclusive, since I've been to WMs in five different cities and still haven't found Ravage and Rumble.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 30, 2007, 12:55 PM »
Sweet!!  I'm sure it's going to be an exclusive though.  Last I heard this line is dead, but I wouldn't mind a Nemesis Prime reissue.  I've never bit on the Binaltech or Kiss stuff just because I consider them to be their own breed with all the die-cast so I didn't want to get forced into buying all of them.

Oh, I finally found ALT Ravage & Rumble over the weekend.  I've been looking for these guys for weeks and I actually managed to cover 2 different states before lucking out.  Looks like only one if the Twin Cities WM's received these guys as far as I know.  I can grab you a set if your sick of the hunt..  ;)

I'll be dragging my avatar back out once the next WM exclusive gets announced.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 30, 2007, 07:17 PM »
Although not the greatest news in the world, I found the Protoform Starscream and Optimus Prime at the local disaster area K-Mart yesterday.  Since the only people who usually shop there on a regular basis are the C.H.U.D.s, all eight were still on the shelf.  $10.99 was the damage for each.

Long story short, Starscream is interesting yet disappointing (his legs are strangely designed, making any leg stance other than an "attention" or sitting position nearly impossible; the ball joint used for his waist is very easy to come apart), and Optimus is great.  I'm referring, of course, to the robot modes, which are very well articulated.  The less said about the "Mechano-Sperm" modes, the better. :)

I've been keeping a close eye on the WMs around here for the exclusives, and outside of my previous Devastator find on a road trip, none of the three local WMs have gotten either that set or the Alternators (or the SW Saleucami packs, come to think of it).  I really don't understand why retailers (any retailer) gets an exclusive item if they're not going to, you know, actually carry it to begin with.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 30, 2007, 11:03 PM »
I really don't understand why retailers (any retailer) gets an exclusive item if they're not going to, you know, actually carry it to begin with.

This is why I hate Wal-Mart and will always continue to.  My Targets have been nothing less than fantastic about stocking their exclusives and TRU has been pretty good to me as of late.  Target's HQ's is based here in MN so maybe I have a head's up, but I've had nothing but problems for each and every single one of WM's exclusives dating back to the Cantina figs + the Bruticus repaints.  I've gotten lucky on a few occassions, but I've wasted more gas than I would have liked to, so I guess I'll be ebaying it from now on unless I can get help form the local front.  I've only seen the Saleucami set once in the wild of which I'm sure I'll never see again...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 1, 2007, 01:13 AM »
I did see the Saleucami pack a few weeks ago, but no Alts or Devastator. It pisses me off, but I figure they're probably just holding them with the preview figures, and all that stuff will be out tomorrow (or right now.)

I'm actually looking forward to owning those preview figures. I do think the comet modes suck, but I never display my TFs in vehicle form anyway. I suppose they'll be out on 5/1, but I'm expecting them to be held until Wednesday.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 1, 2007, 01:16 AM »
Bugbite revealed.

It's hard to buy that cutesy Bumblebee mold as a Decepticon, but since I'm never going to own this set, eh.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 1, 2007, 08:26 AM »
Bugbite revealed.

It's hard to buy that cutesy Bumblebee mold as a Decepticon, but since I'm never going to own this set, eh.

*YAWN*  No thanks.  Seriously - is anyone else tired of TFormers and SW just repainting the same toy over and over and slapping a new name on it?  Is it that hard to just change the head to look different or alter the wings or do SOMETHING other than just changing the paint scheme?  Is this on my priority list of wants, right next to the polka-dot jedi starfighter.  :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 1, 2007, 11:31 PM »
Got my movie preview toys today. They're a lot bigger than I thought they'd be, and neater too.

One of the employees at the local TRU that I bought them at was all "OMG, these aren't supposed to be out!" even though there was like twelve pegs full of them, all with MOVIE PREVIEW clearly written on the package. I tried explaining that these were fine to be out, since I'd like to at least think I was a somewhat knowledgeable collector, but she wouldn't have any of it. At least she let me buy my two, but she'll be getting an earful from her manager later since she took down the whole display.

While I appreciate some independent thought from toy store employees, at least do a bit of research, yeah?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 2, 2007, 12:34 PM »
I found those at TRU last week and I vowed never to pick them up after seeing them the first time and I'm still holding true to that after viewing them in hand.  I may perhaps pick up the Protos if the movie impresses me.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 2, 2007, 10:32 PM »
I saw these all over today.  Three words:

Worst
Figures
Ever.  :P
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #342 on: May 3, 2007, 09:07 AM »
I picked up the prime just to have. I have no interest in the line. I'll stick with my classics.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 3, 2007, 10:31 AM »
I saw four full pegs of these yesterday morning.  Went to the same store today and they had 3 starscreams and 1 optimus...someone is buying this crud.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 3, 2007, 10:34 AM »
I stopped by TRU yesterday, and noticed they had the two preview figures out as well.  It looked like they had plenty of both.