Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 363994 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #375 on: May 22, 2007, 11:14 PM »
I'm going to be the devil's advocate (or the iFett's advocate, who is in no way, shape, or form a demonic presence I can assure you  ;) ) and say that I love the Classics Prime.

Still no sign of the (non-preview) movie toys around here

Glad to hear that you settled on a Prime DP!  I'm actually a big fan of bricks and very minor articulation in my bots, so I think you'll have found what you've been looking for in classics Prime.

I've not seen a lick of any of the movie toys either besides those stupid Protos...

I picked up most of my G1 stuff 3-4 years ago on Ebay when I took a break from SW and I just started the cleanup recently with some of the cassettes I missed...Quite sick I am of people grading things in "excellent" and "collector" shape.  Guess I've been out of the loop for awhile on Ebay and have forgotten to double, and re-double check with sellers on their descriptions.  Case in point...I think it's foolish to bid on a vintage Prime at that price.  Wait for a reissue so you can get one at half price + it's minty fresh!

The Predaking reissue was a key piece I was missing and he's one of my fave's between him  and the original Scorponok.  I got a killer deal on Scorpy + Trypticon a while back. mmmm....headmasters.

I'd have to say though that my favorite Prime would be the Powermaster Version + Godbomber even better yet is FireGuts Convoy (piss yellow & orange) and then Nucleon Quest Convoy (all black) all sharing the same mold
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 26, 2007, 11:52 AM »
Thursday morning I walked into the local Wal-Mart to find two cases on the "to be stocked" pallet with "TRANSFORMERS MOVIE VOYAGER ASSORTMENT WAVE 7 ASST ???" on the side of the box.  As the stock person was standing right there, I asked the woman if I could open one of the two cases to see what was inside.  At which point she looked up and said "NOT UNTIL JUNE 2nd, I'M SORRY SIR, NOT UNTIL JUNE 2nd!" in a very agitated voice and repeated "NOBODY TOUCHES IT UNTIL JUNE 2nd!"  I left kind of bewildered at what inspired such psychotic passion in this woman due to a polite request, but oh well, it's only a week or so UNTIL JUNE 2nd SO I CAN TOUCH THEM ALL I WANT!  ;D

On a more ironic note, that same Wal-Mart, later in the day, had installed the "aisle arch" featuring Prime and someone else (either Barricade or the helicopter) above the toy aisle on one end.  Never mind the fact that they haven't even put out the protoforms yet and their entire TF stock consists of Classics Prime vs. Megatron, tons of Cybertron toys from early summer '06 and a lot of SW TFs, and, you know, that it ISN'T JUNE 2nd YET.  :)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #377 on: May 26, 2007, 02:08 PM »
Some local guys here said that Target has these in, so there and TRU is likely where I'll be getting my movie toys. WM just hasn't stocked any TFs since Classics wave 2. They suck, though.

Also, our very own Darth Rock works at TRU, and he said that the TF movie stuff will be taking over the area where all the Spider-Man 3 junk is right now. I guess TRU would be the place to go for this stuff.

Also, found this profile on MySpace that may or may not feature a song from the movie soundtrack.
Clicky. He makes several references to the appearances of characters and even names Blackout specifically, so I assume it's legit. Or the guy could just be a really big fan.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 02:10 PM by inadvertent imitation »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 26, 2007, 07:49 PM »
Picked up Barricade and Jazz at Target today. Jazz was the one I was looking forward to the most, but it was Barricade that blew me away.

This guy better be a maniac in the movie. Dude looks like he was built to kill Autobots.

The transformations on both were a little more difficult than I expected, but I think that's due to the designs of the bots having to fit into a reasonable facsimilie of a Saleen Mustang and a hardtop Pontiac Solstice (which is a car that doesn't really exist, yet.) Once you get them transformed, they're actually very neat. Jazz's forearms and shoulders gave me a bit of trouble, since Hasbro still doesn't take them time to add any text to the instructions, but once you get it figured out, it will stick with you.
Barricade's transformation is a little easier. He doesn't have any weapons, but once you see his hands, you'll see why.

As an added bonus, Barricade comes with a small version of Frenzy, who pops out of the grill of the Mustang. He doesn't do much besides fold up, but I suppose that's why Hasbro is going to offer a Deluxe version later this summer. I wonder if this bugger was supposed to be Soundwave, since he transforms into a CD player.

Anywho, these are some really neat toys. I'm almost tempted to run back to Target to pick up Bumblebee.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 27, 2007, 12:33 AM »
Well you two sure have me "jazzed" up about getting my hands on these guys.  Only my local TRU broke the street date by offering a tite Prime & Bumblebee 2pack and some bump and go lame ass things.  I'm still sick and tired of seeing those protos everywhere and I still refuse to pick them up even though I wanted my toy fix today.

patience.......
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 12:50 AM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 28, 2007, 09:06 AM »
Yeah, iFett, the local TRU had the Titanium Prime and Bumblebee packs as well.  Everybody still seems to be sitting on the unembargoed Deluxes, though.  But, like I said (and have been trying to convince myself of for the past few days), it's not too long until the stuff hits en masse, so I'm not too upset. :)

So, where is everyone going to be shopping this Saturday morning?  It looks like TRU and WM are each going to have "exclusive" packages containing regular release toys, but I don't know if there's a discount for buying them together or not.  So far, this is what I've been able to figure out as far as what will be on the shelves for the opening salvo:

DELUXE CLASS:
-Jazz
-Bumblebee
-Barricade
-Scorponok
-Brawl
-Bonecrusher

VOYAGER CLASS:
-Ironhide
-Ratchet
-Blackout
-Starscream
-Optimus Prime (????)
-Megatron-Ice Man (????)

LEADER CLASS:
-Optimus Prime
-Megatron

EXCLUSIVES:
-WAL-MART:  Bumblebee (Deluxe) vs. Barricade (Deluxe)
-TOYS R US:  Blackout (Voyager) and Scorponok (Deluxe)
-TARGET:  Robo Vision Optimus Prime (Voyager, seemingly vac-metallized)

Have I missed anything?

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 28, 2007, 11:27 AM »
Depending on how much money I have, I want to get the Blackout/Scorponok 2-pack and the Target Voyager Prime.

Though it might have to wait until Sunday for me.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 28, 2007, 06:16 PM »
One of my WM's (the only one where I've ever found TF exclusives) had the Protos with free posters....still passed.  They also had a dancing or singing Bumblebee.  I hit one of the buttons and it played the original G1 theme song VERY LOUD so I quickly geeked out and hit another aisle until it finished.

I haven't been on the upidy up so are the figs in the 2-packs the same as the individual carded versions??  I generally open all of my Transformers unless the exclusive is uber cool.

I'm going to be so broke come next weekend.   ::)

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 29, 2007, 02:01 PM »
I finally found the Bumblebee DLX figure. It's not too bad but it feels bit cheap for $10 if you ask me. The only other pieces i'm waiting for are Unleashed Prime and the Optimash Prime Potato Head...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 31, 2007, 12:55 PM »
I stopped by Target earlier today, since I knew they had the Deluxe figures out and I was looking for Bonecrusher. Well, they pulled the entire display, including the protoforms and even some Cybertron and Classics stragglers.

I ******* hate street dates sometimes. That and ******* whistleblowers who don't realize we've been able to buy Deluxes for two weeks now.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 31, 2007, 01:12 PM »
Ya, most of my Targets have reset and they just have HUGE gaping holes where the Spidey stuff used to be.  None of my local stores broke the "street date" except for a TRU that put out some of the lamer stuff.  No deluxes, voyagers, or leaders.  I'm really looking forward to those GH style 2 packs and the Unleashed stuff...I know I'll definatley be picking up a leader class Prime, but I'm still on the fence about the other toys...especially the Protos.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 31, 2007, 01:24 PM »
Nothing has broken here either from what I've seen.  Our WM has replaced the Spidey 3 aisle header with a Transformers one and reset their aisle, but there's just gaping holes there as well.  Target hasn't done anything yet, and was a little late the last time (with Spidey/Pirates stuff).  I'm hoping they do reset this weekend, just so some of the VTSC figures show up :).  All three stores here do have the sneak preview Transformers out though, but that's about it.  TRU has a couple other things (Titanium 2 pack with Bumblebee and Prime I noticed), but none of the figures that I've seen.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 31, 2007, 01:46 PM »
Oh one other part of the Target reset that I really liked besides them having no movie toys.......They actually seperated the Transformer tites from the SW ones  :o

Now I just hope they can keep it this way

***Looks like they're also holding off on stocking the TF shirts they had in this weeks ad as well...
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 02:09 PM by iFett »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 31, 2007, 11:02 PM »
I don't get why they took it down at my local store. The Spider-Man 3 crap is still everywhere. Not like it matters, though. I probably won't be able to buy any movie toys for a week or two. I'd be lucky to afford Bonecrusher right now.  :P

Also, did anyone else try to get the 1986 movie's rereleased soundtrack this week? I went to two WMs, one Target, one Best Buy, and one FYE and I didn't see it anywhere. It annoyed the piss out of me.

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 1, 2007, 09:15 AM »
Also, did anyone else try to get the 1986 movie's rereleased soundtrack this week? I went to two WMs, one Target, one Best Buy, and one FYE and I didn't see it anywhere. It annoyed the piss out of me.

THEY REISSUED IT?!?!?! Looks like i'm going on a run at lunch...  :P