Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 363346 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #750 on: January 13, 2008, 11:56 PM »
You should have just used the site to store thing.  Worked pretty well for me last time I used it.  I've yet to crack open my Screamer yet, guess I'm waiting for my Megs first.   :-\

I did this a little over a week ago, but have yet to be notified that WM got it in.   >:(  Hope it still comes, what with it already being paid for and all.   >:(  >:(  >:(

STILL no Starscream at Wal-Mart.   >:(

Just stare at my avatar....It helps.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: January 14, 2008, 03:36 AM »
Just checking out the rumor list list and found the following:

MARVEL TRANSFORMERS CROSSOVERS
Wave 1 - June 2008
Wave 2 - August 2008

Any ideas ???

Jesus, Hasbro is getting carried away with trying to apply the same strategies with each of their toy lines.  First SW TF, now Marvel TF too?  Oi.  ::)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: January 14, 2008, 10:36 PM »
Ordered my MP Megs w/upgrade kit on Friday from TFsource last Friday and received my shipping notice today. 

Killer price on a killer toy  :)

Justin - anyword yet on your Screamer from WM?  I've heard they've been in and out of stock of him so you may have to wait a bit, but that doesn't seem right especially after they already charged you...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: January 15, 2008, 05:29 PM »
Encore 9 & 10......

5pack of mini bots.....and....Omega Supreme!

Minibots are Bumblebee, Powerglide, Huffer, Warpath, and Cosmos.  I might pick up another Omega as one of the legs on my vintage one doesn't work quite right, but he sure likes zoomin around his track.   :D

Oh...Screamer is now listed as NOT SOLD ONLINE  I wonder what went wrong with this exclusive?  Stores refuse to stock it and their website now refuses to sell it?  ???
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 06:38 PM by iFett »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: January 15, 2008, 09:53 PM »
Ordered my MP Megs w/upgrade kit on Friday from TFsource last Friday and received my shipping notice today. 

Killer price on a killer toy  :)

Justin - anyword yet on your Screamer from WM?  I've heard they've been in and out of stock of him so you may have to wait a bit, but that doesn't seem right especially after they already charged you...

It finally showed up Monday and I went to get it today.  I like saving on shipping, but I must have waited a good 30 minutes for the WM folks to figure out the process.  I checked before I got the notice last week and they were able to look it up in minutes via my name.  Today I went in with a copy of the email and barcode and it took them forever to figure out how to get in and scan it, then they complained that not all of my email was there ...hellow, use my name and picture ID and go get my package you idiots!   ::)

Screamer is very nice.  Haven't cracked him open yet, but he looks sweet int he package.  I like having him to scale with my alternators, though I'm still undecided if he's worth $50. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #755 on: January 16, 2008, 03:31 AM »
Encore 9 & 10......

5pack of mini bots.....and....Omega Supreme!

Minibots are Bumblebee, Powerglide, Huffer, Warpath, and Cosmos.  I might pick up another Omega as one of the legs on my vintage one doesn't work quite right, but he sure likes zoomin around his track.   :D

AWESOMESAUCE. Man, Takara/Tomy is going to make me bankrupt this year.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: January 16, 2008, 08:26 AM »
Oh...Screamer is now listed as NOT SOLD ONLINE  I wonder what went wrong with this exclusive?  Stores refuse to stock it and their website now refuses to sell it?  ???

I don't get what's going on here either.  The package also states "Wal-Mart" Exclusive - I wonder why it isn't in broader distribution?  There could have just been more demand than anticipated or production problems, but this seems very odd.

BTW, I opened screamer up last night and he is worth every penny.  Holy crap what a cool figure.  He fits perfectly withthe Alt line and the articulation is ridiculous.  Very very very very cool!
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: January 16, 2008, 01:04 PM »
Congrats on finally getting your Screamer Justin.  Glad you like him. 

My MP Megs + upgrade kit just showed up at my desk an hour or so ago.  Thank god they remembered to put my name on the shipping label.   :-X 

What a mess that would have been...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: January 16, 2008, 08:54 PM »
Congrats on finally getting your Screamer Justin.  Glad you like him. 

My MP Megs + upgrade kit just showed up at my desk an hour or so ago.  Thank god they remembered to put my name on the shipping label.   :-X 

What a mess that would have been...

Where did you get MP Megatron?  I didn't even know that was available!  Is it a Japanese exclusive?  Are there any other MP formers I should know about?  I just have Optimus, my alts, and Screamer.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: January 16, 2008, 09:45 PM »
Where did you get MP Megatron?  I didn't even know that was available!  Is it a Japanese exclusive?  Are there any other MP formers I should know about?  I just have Optimus, my alts, and Screamer.

Read up a few posts Justin  ;)  Megs is a foreign exclusive.  The US will NEVER sell this guy, but there's sellers here in the US + these guys don't open the packages and mod the barrel with an orange tip which is what all the other US wholesellers do like BBTS who sold out and have him backordered.  You even quoted my post earlier with the linky.  VERY fast service and a very decent price as well.  I got my Megs + parts kit for $155 shipped within four days, but you can just get Megs alone for $105 shipped which is still a great deal as these will dry up pretty soon.

TFsource.com

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: January 16, 2008, 10:48 PM »
Thanks for the tip!  That's a little steep for me, but tempting for Megs.  If they end up doing Soundwave or Shockwave, I'll probably cave.   :P

Just an FYI - not sure if these are new or not, but I haven't seen them before:  Target Plymouth had a voyager class autobot - some kind of orange rescue helecoptor.  They also had a leader class night watch optimus that looked pretty cool.  I work right by there, so let me know if you want me to pick up either for you.  ;)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: January 17, 2008, 09:15 PM »
I didn't get to see a clear photo of him in robot mode, but I just saw the Japanese exclusive Classics repaint of Megatron, and I would LOVE to get my hands on it.  He's done in the silver, black, and red paint scheme and is a million times better looking than the (already fantastic) 2006 US Classics Megatron.  Here's to hoping that I can get one cheap once they're released, as that is one import that I would pay a (slight) premium for. :)

Just an FYI - not sure if these are new or not, but I haven't seen them before:  Target Plymouth had a voyager class autobot - some kind of orange rescue helecoptor.  They also had a leader class night watch optimus that looked pretty cool. 

The orange helicopter guy is "Evac" and is a repaint of Blackout with a new head.  Pretty boring overall.  I saw the Nightwatch Prime earlier this week at a Wal-Mart and it did, indeed, look really cool.  If it wasn't for my lack of space and/or lack of money, I might consider getting it.  :)

Oh, and I don't know if this has been posted yet (probably has, but I'm far too lazy to look), but the Premium Figures are going to be released as part of the regular line (meaning, I hope, no premium price for them).  I'll probably grab Blackout, Barricade, and the Target Starscream, but I really have no need for a premium Jazz, especially since the arms will still suck.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: January 21, 2008, 10:53 AM »
Me Grimlock?

Supposedly he's going to be the next Masterpiece....

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: January 22, 2008, 06:06 PM »
Me Grimlock?

Supposedly he's going to be the next Masterpiece....

AWESOME!  I'm a little miffed - I was hoping screamer would be my last masterpiece, but Grimlock is a must have.   :-\

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: January 24, 2008, 06:59 PM »
Shhh!  Classics Sunstreaker....Not sure how long this pic will last though  :-\   :-X

Taken down.  Stupid sneak peek through the "fan" website.  Bastards.  Pretty sweet looking bot for $10 though.  Powerglide is coming back as an Ultra - $20 toy.  No pics though.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 09:48 PM by iFett »