Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 358861 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Transformers toys
« Reply #45 on: June 7, 2005, 06:30 PM »
I cared until Hasbro started releasing characters I didn't care about before not releasing any at all.

It's too bad these were so overpriced. We could have gotten a Soundwave reissue here.  :(
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 6, 2005, 05:44 PM »
Custom Dinobot Combiner...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5989817873&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Looks kinda funky, but it's nice to see them linked up as they should have been.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 9, 2005, 01:37 AM »
Tomy/Takara merger, Takara dissolved.

I really hope this doesn't mean the end of those neat TF reissues. I really don't collect them, but it'd be a shame to see them go. I do want to pick up one of the Galvatrons when they come out this winter.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2005, 09:04 AM »
I just had a quick question for those of you more familiar with the current Transformers line.  Although I look at the pics online/toys in the store once in awhile, I don't collect them and really don't know much about them.  I did enjoy Transformers a lot as a kid though, and thing the classic reissues are quite cool.  Those have tempted on more than one occasion.  Anyways....our nephew/Godchild is really a fan of Transformers.  I'm not sure if he watches any of the shows or anything, but sure does like the toys.  We've started just looking over possible Christmas presents while we were out and about, and have started looking at the Transformers "Cybertron" series that are currently on the pegs.  The one that caught our eye is the Optimus Prime "Cybertron" which runs about $40ish at Target/Wal-Mart/Amazon.  I thought it looked quite cool, and might be a "big one" that he normally wouldn't get for a gift.  Anyways, I was just looking for opinions on what might be fun for him, or if this version of Prime was any good or not.  Thanks for any advice you might have.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 4, 2005, 03:29 PM »
he new Cybertron stuff was hitting New Orleans just before I had to leave. There are a few of the new toys around here at the local Target. Im definately going to have to pick up a bubch of these bad boys. That Starscream is EXCELLENT. A fitting tribute to my first and all time favorite Transformer. It is certainly a far cry from that pitiful thing they were calling Starscream in the Energon line.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2005, 11:05 AM »
Just by chance, I actually got my first Transformer since my childhood this past weekend.  We were picking up one for one of our nephews for Christmas (spreading the shopping out), and TRU had basically a "two for the price of one" deal going on some of their Alternators.  I decided I'd get Sideswipe, since he was my favorite as a kid, and one of the few I actually had that weren't the real small ones.  Although he is now a Viper, he looks much the same as I remember (although a little bigger).  It was kind of fun getting it out and "transforming" the toy like when I was a kid.  They still are a pretty neat toy.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2005, 12:02 PM »
When I was a kid, the only Transformer I had was Optimus Prime, but I loved it.  I sure wish I'd held onto it.

Someday I'd like to get a hold of that 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime.  I remember it was on sale for $50 last year (regular $100 in Canada) and I kick myself everyday for not grabbing it.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2005, 01:50 PM »
Someday I'd like to get a hold of that 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime.  I remember it was on sale for $50 last year (regular $100 in Canada) and I kick myself everyday for not grabbing it.

That is something that I was tempted by a lot when it was out too.  I never had Prime as a kid, but always thought it would be nice to have the modern one at least.  Within our little group of friends as kids, we kind of each had our own assortment of Transformers...and when we got together, we had most of them covered.  The largest ones I had were the mid-sized ones like Sideswipe and Slag (? - the Triceratops Dinobot - the dinobots were cool :P), as well as some other smaller ones (Bumblebee, Huffer, etc. come to mind).  Definitely some fun toys though, I kind of forgot until I got this new, basically free one this weekend.  The nostalgia comes rushing back ;).

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2005, 10:08 PM »
I despised the US 20th Prime because of his small stacks (just like the TRU reissue ex) and held off on the Takara MP version at the time because I had so much other stuff to worry about - now he's a little too pricey, but MP Ultra Magnus seems to be at a good price.

I did get my Star Convoy today (if anybody knows who/what he is) today from BBTS, but I've yet to crack the box open.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2005, 10:21 AM »

Pepsi Prime anybody?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2005, 10:22 AM by iFett »

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2005, 09:26 PM »
Actually, I've got that cool looking version on order from RoBBy.jp.  I had an Optimus Prime when I was a kid but lost most of the pieces and eventually got rid of it.  I still regret ever getting rid of it, even if it was beaten up.

I figured this would put a unique spin on my childhood toy.   8)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2005, 11:44 PM »
Apparently, the Hasbro reissue of Sideswipe is showing at KBs nationwide, at least the ones that are left. I don't have one locally, and I think they're all closed in Iowa. Bleh.

And, HTS.com has a G1 Astrotrain on their site now. If even comes in a Hasbro styled box. I hope this means a new future for G1 reissues in America, since I'm dying for a Soundwave reissue.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2006, 03:54 AM »
Wheee! I got a Galvatron!  :D

My toys can beat up your toys. They're so badass, they kick each other's asses for fun.

« Last Edit: February 2, 2006, 01:15 AM by inadvertent imitation »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 5, 2006, 11:17 AM »
When the TRU re-issue of Side Swipe was released, I never saw it. I had picked up Optimus, but Side Swipe was the only other than I wanted (my brother got our transformers, I got our SW.) Well, KB has gotten in the Side swipe and is getting rid of them for $15, just in case anyone is interested.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 5, 2006, 12:53 PM »
Yeah, I wish I had a KB near me. I'd have me one.